Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He’s absolutely comparable to Pedri at 18, who made a big jump with 19. We will see if Gavi can do the same.

And while I absolutely adore Frenkie and defended him when people here wanted to crucify him, Gavi will have the bigger impact impact on the club. See you in 10 years xD

As for Kounde, he’s messy right now, but will prove in time he’s the best transfer last Summer.

No he is not even close to Pedri at 18 who was already one of best mids in Europe. Gavi is not even close.

Haha going with the long game for Gavi.. ten years.

So when does he over take the huge chasm that is there between him an FDJ? Another 5 years?

Suddenly it s all about how good Gavi will be and not is.. when some of us have been saying all along he is not nearly the player some think currently and has a lot to learn yet as only 18.

There is no way Kounde will be better transfer than Christensen. Being better than Raph, Kessie and Lewa is not big claim either.

fergus90

First thing the club has to take away his power of selecting signings immediately. The football won't improve with the likes of Inigo Martinez and Carrasco joining the ranks.

In fact if all rumoured free agents arrive, a year after all the levers, there would be 9 players above 30 years old in the squad.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Imagine in a serious club, with serious owners, like Bayern or Liverpool hearing their coach using that lame excuse. A fire on the spot would not be unimaginable

Is liverpool a serious club? klopp & the wind lol. managers make stupid excuses and rightfully get memed its nothing new tbh.

looking forward to fucking up the club financially with old past it players who are coming here for retirement.

JamDav1982

They dont care about developing for future. Same as always.

Xavi doesnt care if signs so many old players as sees young less proven as too much of a risk and knows wont be in job by time it comes to seeing best from them.

He is constantly over paying for what thinks can work now regardless of age and over rating Spanish/La Liga players.

ajnotkeith

They dont care about developing for future. Same as always.

Xavi doesnt care if signs so many old players as sees young less proven as too much of a risk and knows wont be in job by time it comes to seeing best from them.

He is constantly over paying for what thinks can work now regardless of age and over rating Spanish/La Liga players.
With Koeman, whilst he wasn't an amazing manager by any means and right to sack him, his youth development was miles better than Xavi.

So many young players were introduced to the team under him and a lot of the fruit Xavi is reaping now (Araujo, Gavi, Pedri, Balde) was his work.

Planes also stated this recently.

Raketa10

With Koeman, whilst he wasn't an amazing manager by any means and right to sack him, his youth development was miles better than Xavi.

So many young players were introduced to the team under him and a lot of the fruit Xavi is reaping now (Araujo, Gavi, Pedri, Balde) was his work.

True.

JamDav1982

Balde was more Xavi and wasnt even going to be promoted last summer as was not that great it in B team.

ajnotkeith

Balde was more Xavi and wasnt even going to be promoted last summer as was not that great it in B team.
Koeman was using Balde, he introduced him into the team, I remember him playing against Bayern in the CL and he did well and caught my eye there.

True he wasn't all that good in the B team but many aren't, Araujo wasn't amazing either. Koeman still brought him up and also brought Mingueza up when he was bench for the B team.

JamDav1982

Koeman was using Balde, he introduced him into the team, I remember him playing against Bayern in the CL and he did well and caught my eye there.

True he wasn't all that good in the B team but many aren't, Araujo wasn't amazing either. Koeman still brought him up and also brought Mingueza up when he was bench for the B team.

16 mins v Bayern and a few minutes here and there early in season is not really taking Balde through.

The others were all first team players when Xavi arrived. Balde was still very much a B team players.

Not sure what significance Mingueza has really.

Taking through players to be major part of first team Balde is Xavis call.

Not that Koeman ignored him as may have even used him more earlier than Xavi did and made him part of first team but can only guess on that.

ajnotkeith

16 mins v Bayern and a few minutes here and there early in season is not really taking Balde through.

The others were all first team players when Xavi arrived. Balde was still very much a B team players.

Not sure what significance Mingueza has really.

Taking through players to be major part of first team Balde is Xavis call.

Not that Koeman ignored him as may have even used him more earlier than Xavi did and made him part of first team but can only guess on that.
Fair enough, I do think Xavi has credit on making Balde a starter and benching Alba permanently, but Koeman did initially spot him and introduce him to the team too. I think would probably have become a starter for Koeman over time.

JamDav1982

Who are the young players Xavi should give a go? Torre?

Torre is the one probably.

More time when Gavi is dog shit like last few games or when winning later on etc.

Low risk introduction really as not like others where would be taken in and relied upon as major parts of first team.

ajnotkeith

Who are the young players Xavi should give a go? Torre?
Yes! In the little he's played he's shown he has a decent strike of the ball, creativity, some flair, I think today he surely could have been no worse than Gavi facing down that parked bus.

Initially I didn't like Torre but when he's played he's done well and deserves a chance over some players who are in bad form right now.

There is also likes of Estanis who have been doing well with the B and deserve a chance at winger if going to play likes of Balde there who isn't even an attacker and will never play there in the future.

Can never uncover a gem if you don't try any new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans