Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Nah, best for Barca in CL, as a fan is 5th. City, Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern. PSG if they line up Mbappe - Dembele could get in the mix ahead of us.
Of those would only say Bayern and City would be betting favourites.

Arsenal have no recent history in the competition, don't have a top squad, and haven't won anything major for decades. Definitely on the up but don't know if I would pick them.

Madrid, well you know.

PSG absolutely no. Their team is poor and been proven time and time again. Just because they have Mbappe and Dembele doesn't negate how their whole squad is terrible.

I say we could be expected to finish semis but with a bit of luck win it (City goes out to Madrid or something, easy draw..)

jamrock

Barca forum logic 2022/2023

La Liga is a farmers league, Madrid is weak, the league is weak, doesn't matter what we do their, so long as we make it out the group stage.

2023/2024, what will be the logic? We have to defend the league that is worthless, and make the CL SF?.

I don't know, I'm just asking questions.

But unto sensible people and sensible expectations, unless Madrid signs Mbappe, we should win the league, no excuses not to, especially if we replace Dembele's 6 months contribution.

Make it out the group stage, which was always gonna happen and after that it's just a matter of, opportunity meeting preparation to see how far we go.

Adding gundogan, Romeu, Martinez, RB and replacing Dembele constitutes and improvement in the squad, that's pretty much hitting all the areas fans wanted us to improve in one summer window (dumb fans), but doing it in two,(sensible fans)

Squad still isn't perfect, we will have signings that don't work out, they will blame xavi for signing xyz player and act as if because we are in a tough situation, we should have a magic ball that makes every transfer an A++

JamDav1982

Basically none of that is relevant to what is being discussed and no one is discounting league.. rather using it to show how likes of Real are not so far ahead.

Logic from anyone with sense.. Barca need to compete in league and CL.

Same logic club have when pulled levers and budgeted for minimum QFs etc.

Some on Barcaforum logic... CL doesnt count. Only league counts when comes to judging season and particularly Xavi.

Usual.

Xavi is judged on the players he has and money he has spent as any other coach.

ajnotkeith

Barca forum logic 2022/2023

La Liga is a farmers league, Madrid is weak, the league is weak, doesn't matter what we do their, so long as we make it out the group stage.

2023/2024, what will be the logic? We have to defend the league that is worthless, and make the CL SF?.

I don't know, I'm just asking questions.

But unto sensible people and sensible expectations, unless Madrid signs Mbappe, we should win the league, no excuses not to, especially if we replace Dembele's 6 months contribution.

Make it out the group stage, which was always gonna happen and after that it's just a matter of, opportunity meeting preparation to see how far we go.

Adding gundogan, Romeu, Martinez, RB and replacing Dembele constitutes and improvement in the squad, that's pretty much hitting all the areas fans wanted us to improve in one summer window (dumb fans), but doing it in two,(sensible fans)

Squad still isn't perfect, we will have signings that don't work out, they will blame xavi for signing xyz player and act as if because we are in a tough situation, we should have a magic ball that makes every transfer an A++
The league isn't worthless... Because we win it against Madrid, who are a consensus top team.

The rest of the league is weak tho.

Agree with everything you wrote

JamDav1982

The league isn't worthless... Because we win it against Madrid, who is a consensus top team.

The rest of the league is weak tho.

Agree with everything you wrote

He doesnt understand what is being debated.

The one who is saying league is more or less worthless is not folk he aimed that post at.

League is weak overall. Doesnt mean beating Real to it means nothing.

serghei

Maybe you're all right and the team is gonna shred it in CL vs anyone but City. I highly doubt it but... call me pessimistic :lol:.

JamDav1982

Maybe you're all right and the team is gonna shred it in CL vs anyone but City. I highly doubt it but... call me pessimistic :lol:.

Not one person has claimed that but good effort.

What folk infact are saying is City are favs, some then think Bayern 2nd favs and Barca in group behind that with tight ties that are 50/50.

serghei

Not one person has claimed that but good effort.

Nah, that's about as high as you guys are pushing it. You have a guy above you that expects to make the CL final or something.

I hope you're right. Also about Pedri. I like the kid, if he makes it big, I'd be happy for him.

JamDav1982

Nah, that's about as high as you guys are pushing it. You have a guy above you that expects to make the CL final or something.

I hope you're right. Also about Pedri. I like the kid, if he makes it big, I'd be happy for him.

Nope you are clean making it up.

What folk infact are saying is City are favs, some then think Bayern 2nd favs and Barca in group behind that with tight ties that are 50/50.

Pedri already top player. Dont worry.

serghei

Nah not shred it expecting SF or win is going to far.

But with a bit of luck a SF isn't impossible.

If Barca faces Porto and Benfica like Inter last year, hell yes, semi is totally possible. It depends on draw, but the team had bad ones lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans