Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skalman

I hope he doesnt last until summer, i hope he leaves as soon as we loose against Napoli and replacement get some time to settle before the new season

Gnidrologist

How come players who understood him last season, this season don't? Doesn't make sense. Xavi has 3 players from core squad missing - Busquets, Dembele and cameos by Alba. It was long time overdue, but those holes were not filled. All Barca could afford was to bring two Joaos.

I'm okay with Xavi's sacking, but to me it's just get deeper into this endless cycle of Searching for Pepo. Bring Pep back, with these Laporta finances Barca will be the same shitshow as today in CL and very soon you'd crucify Pep as well. At the end of the day you need a squad with either generational talent like Messi or Iniesta or enough cash to buy the hottest players on the market. None of them options are on the table currently.
You seem to have rose tinted glasses about last season because we won it. The football for most parts was atrocious, but because he played the 442 more rigid defensive system and lucked out like crazy in bunch of matches, it now seems like great season to some people. It wasn't. especially with Vardrin down and out with their aging midfield. Now that they're rejuvenated and Xavi has used all his black cat cards, we see the real state of his team building.

I get the point about changing coaches like socks and that's really only argument in favor of Xavi, given that Laporta is just as untrustworthy as Xavi and probably hire another dud. Would really like some of those non barcaDNA coaches have a try here though. What can we loose anyway? Do you really believe Xavi will improve after 2 years of not doing so and even getting things worse in terms of general team chemistry?

iniestaGOAT

I hope he doesnt last until summer, i hope he leaves as soon as we loose against Napoli and replacement get some time to settle before the new season

There is 0 percent chance we lost to Napoli.
Someone people like you ..have no idea about football and do the most talking.

Its a shame.

khaled_a_d

How come players who understood him last season, this season don't? Doesn't make sense. Xavi has 3 players from core squad missing - Busquets, Dembele and cameos by Alba. It was long time overdue, but those holes were not filled. All Barca could afford was to bring two Joaos.

I'm okay with Xavi's sacking, but to me it's just get deeper into this endless cycle of Searching for Pepo. Bring Pep back, with these Laporta finances Barca will be the same shitshow as today in CL and very soon you'd crucify Pep as well. At the end of the day you need a squad with either generational talent like Messi or Iniesta or enough cash to buy the hottest players on the market. None of them options are on the table currently.

Whenever we tried to be more attacking last year, players actually looked lost.
And last year he was still lost tactically against most top sides, including almost all our games in Europe, and 50-50 against RM.

We are in awful position, that is true.
And for that, you need a coach who can be overachieving, rather than a one aiming for dominance. Either that or someone with a clear project who can rebuild the squad in time.

So yeah, Pep himself won't do well here, as he is always aiming for dominance, and he doesn't know what to do when he doesn't have the better side. But there are plenty of good coaches who are upgrade over Xavi who seems to be losing the trust of his own players.

Windhook

I get the point about changing coaches like socks and that's really only argument in favor of Xavi, given that Laporta is just as untrustworthy as Xavi and probably hire another dud. Would really like some of those non barcaDNA coaches have a try here though. What can we loose anyway? Do you really believe Xavi will improve after 2 years of not doing so and even getting things worse in terms of general team chemistry?
I have nothing against non BarcaDNA coaches, either. But the academy for decades have followed the basis of Johan Cruyff philosophy instilled in club's DNA. One of the reasons all those 16 year old kids impress under Xavi. They are more adapt. Meanwhile aliens to the system like Lewa and Felix struggle and try to do their own thing. Sometimes works, mostly doesn't. The reason many of the multi-million signings in the last 10 years didn't leave their mark and left as flops.

I don't believe any manager can turn things around with a magic stick and make Barca CL contender, unless there's Saudi money involved.

Gnidrologist

Meanwhile spanish players with "BarcaDNA" or just general spanish possession football mentality mostly thrive or are at least good in PL under various coaches. So no, i don't think you need specifically someone, who has graduated from Barca to be good coach for these players. Just someone, who knows what he's doing, which Xavi is not.

ajnotkeith

We can raise money somewhat easily but it just depends on the sacrifices you want to make.

We have many very valuable players, most of them La Masia graduates, who in many cases it would be a good option to sell as they are worth more than they might be able to contribute now or in the future.
There seems to be an aversion to ever considering the sale of Masia or youth players, even when crazy offers are made (Barto claimed 150m Fati, 150m for Pedri claimed, 100m for Gavi claimed, etc). And then you would imagine we are getting huge offers for Yamal and Gavi too.
That doesn't mean you sell all of them or necessarily any of them but you have to make a serious evaluation of their potential as not all of them are going to make it and there could be instances where having a huge amount of money in the coffers may be better than hanging on to all of these prospects.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
For me it's not such a big deal. New stadium coming up, some talented players... some good days can come again soon.

Club should stay calm for now. Situation is not nearly as bad as made out.
Yeah situation is not as bad as made out, it's actually way worse...

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I love Xavi to bits, nothing will change that. But this season you can't really defend him. Yes, we had three 17 year olds playing against Bilbao, and yes that counts as mitigation for the reason we lost. But you can't let them have 30 shots to our 7 and come away from that thinking that is acceptable against Bilbao.

The bottom line is our first XI, even with the youngsters, is better than theirs. Yet they gave us a bath. Thet sent us to the streets. Had they had a clinical striker they could have had 6 or 7. It was a humiliation.

Even with someone like me who has re-evaluated his expectations to the downside, it's not good enough. All I want is to see some decent football, finish top 4, not get humiliated and have some sort of MERITOCRACY. Well, we've been humiliated twice in the last 2 weeks alone.

Xavi keeps showing too much faith with the signings he made. Lewa and Kounde should have been perma subs months ago. Where is the meritocracy there?

The bottom line is you have to ask yourself if the majority of managers out there would be doing a better job with this squad. The overwhelming answer to that is yes.

Xavi has unfortunately run out of legs to stand on and has become undefendable I'm afraid.

BJJ

Judging from reports out of Spain he is here till the end of the season. So we have to put up with this shit show for a while longer. Cue another CL humiliation round of 16 or qf.
The club is in COMPLETE disarray at the moment. It's clear the seniors like Lewandoski and Gundo are not happy with Xavi. Other players aren't too enamoured with Xavi either judging from their loss of form. There's no money plus we have a president who's a walking heart attack and stuck like a deer in the headlights.
Only bright spot is a few young players with potential but if the club continues to be run like a shitshow I'm sure these players will look at greener pastures elsewhere. The issue is we have multiple problems, not just one. Xavi is the biggest one at the moment and the easiest to rectify. The thing is Laporta cannot fuck up anymore with regards to coaches.

iniestaGOAT

Judging from reports out of Spain he is here till the end of the season. So we have to put up with this shit show for a while longer. Cue another CL humiliation round of 16 or qf.
The club is in COMPLETE disarray at the moment. It's clear the seniors like Lewandoski and Gundo are not happy with Xavi. Other players aren't too enamoured with Xavi either judging from their loss of form. There's no money plus we have a president who's a walking heart attack and stuck like a deer in the headlights.
Only bright spot is a few young players with potential but if the club continues to be run like a shitshow I'm sure these players will look at greener pastures elsewhere. The issue is we have multiple problems, not just one. Xavi is the biggest one at the moment and the easiest to rectify. The thing is Laporta cannot fuck up anymore with regards to coaches.

We have a president who is a Walking heart attack?
Then what are you? Fat bastard.
You never left the basement and keep eating big macs.

Temptation

We can raise money somewhat easily but it just depends on the sacrifices you want to make.

We have many very valuable players, most of them La Masia graduates, who in many cases it would be a good option to sell as they are worth more than they might be able to contribute now or in the future.
There seems to be an aversion to ever considering the sale of Masia or youth players, even when crazy offers are made (Barto claimed 150m Fati, 150m for Pedri claimed, 100m for Gavi claimed, etc). And then you would imagine we are getting huge offers for Yamal and Gavi too.
That doesn't mean you sell all of them or necessarily any of them but you have to make a serious evaluation of their potential as not all of them are going to make it and there could be instances where having a huge amount of money in the coffers may be better than hanging on to all of these prospects.
Sell Pedri for 120 mil while he still has the value and perception in his favour.

Get a proper new manager.

Where's Barca's scouting department? Shocking recruitment team.

All the right pieces of the puzzle are out there in the market. You have to identify and get those gems. They don't even cost a bomb.

Use that 120 mil to buy Cancelo, a DM, a goalscoring mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans