Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtroverto

Good job overall, better than I anticipated. Move on to the next manager and hope he does at least as well.

Flick is free this time. I reckon he'd say yes.
Whoever is crazy enough to take over the club in the state it is in, won't last 1 season. A bankrupt club, without a stadium and no chance of bringing in new players other than on a free transfer. The best they can do is to bring in the Girona dude and hope for the best. Or a futile try with an old ex player, in any case it will be a total flop regardless.

This will be Laportas final chance of turning it around, I say bring in Cruyff junior and a final drunken blow out before the whole thing is shut down. The only long term way out is to sell the club to investors willing to spend the dough. A decent competitive team right now is about a 500 million euro investment at least. On top of that they need to refinance the debt, 2 billion more. Maybe the can convince Bill Gates, or some Saudi prince of something.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Whoever is crazy enough to take over the club in the state it is in, won't last 1 season. A bankrupt club, without a stadium and no chance of bringing in new players other than on a free transfer. The best they can do is to bring in the Girona dude and hope for the best. Or a futile try with an old ex player, in any case it will be a total flop regardless.

This will be Laportas final chance of turning it around, I say bring in Cruyff junior and a final drunken blow out before the whole thing is shut down. The only long term way out is to sell the club to investors willing to spend the dough. A decent competitive team right now is about a 500 million euro investment at least. On top of that they need to refinance the debt, 2 billion more. Maybe the can convince Bill Gates, or some Saudi prince of something.

Man chill ain't nobody bankrupt.
Yeah we wasted a season but this generation of la masia youth will be something special.

Lamine yamal is the one.

I have seen enough.

Michael

Come on, he has to be kicked out now. Utterly pointless to spend another 6 months with a garbage coach who has no future in the game (as coach). And he should take Laporta with him, classless amateurs both of them.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Xavi has FORGIVEN his entire salary for the next year of his contract. [ @sport ]

This experience doesn't put an inch of shade on his legacy for me. The greatest central midfielder of all time, who won so much for the club as a player, if we lose respect for him, who will be left worthy of our respect?

It is not that his entire tenure was a failure either. The first season was a great success against great odds. People will say this and that but winning leagues is never easy and you don't get lucky over 38 games.

This season has been terrible and it's for the best he leaves. He has left in the right way and has shown his love for the club by leaving money on the table. Fucking legend. I will always wish him the best in whatever he decides to do in the future.

BJJ

Laportas fault for hiring him and Xavis for thinking he was ready for the job. All round shitshow from the club. Levers pulled and look what we're left with. That brainless fuck Laporta gave Xavi too much power. Money wasted on Lewa,Kounde,Ferran and Raphinha. Crazy how this club has been mismanaged. Absurd really. We're like Milan really. Noone will want to come here. We'll be a third or fourth choice club.

KingHristo

Next manager doesn't guarantee he'll make a team from this kindergarten mixed with some has been primadonnas, but at least we can see some light at the end of tunnel.

Xavi was a legend as a player, too bad he was never cut for the manager's job. Of course it's sad to see him go like that, but you know what is sadder? Watching us get outplayed at home by every second team we play. Too bad Laporta was too blind to see through Xavi's shortcomings.

My only complaint is it will happen too late. We still have to suffer the rest of this season as our team gets whipped and is turned into a laughing stock, and pray we won't slide down from the top 4.

Yeah, it will be a giant task to pull this club and this team together next season.

Givenchy

Xavi has FORGIVEN his entire salary for the next year of his contract. [ @sport ]

This experience doesn't put an inch of shade on his legacy for me. The greatest central midfielder of all time, who won so much for the club as a player, if we lose respect for him, who will be left worthy of our respect?

It is not that his entire tenure was a failure either. The first season was a great success against great odds. People will say this and that but winning leagues is never easy and you don't get lucky over 38 games.

This season has been terrible and it's for the best he leaves. He has left in the right way and has shown his love for the club by leaving money on the table. Fucking legend. I will always wish him the best in whatever he decides to do in the future.
It will never effect his legendary status, as we've seen many times; great players don't always make great managers.

As a midfielder, he's the GOAT and one of my favourite players.

As a manager, he's cluelessly out of his depth, frustrates me to no end and I'm glad he's done the right thing.

I wonder if Xavi joined under the pretence of having time and less pressure/expectation from Laporta. Unexperienced manager, going the youth route etc but seems the board did a U-turn and started levering the club for short term success. Lewa was 100% a Laporta signing as was Felix.

I'll thank him for the league title and hopefully he can steer the ship for the remainder of the season; top 4 and a respectable CL exit.

Messigician

Just saw Xavi’s press conference WTF IS THIS SHit? These stinky Catalina are making me ashamed to be a Barca fan, we need real men running this club leadership stsrts up top and trickles down shit like this is why we are constantly humiliated in Europe with no fight

❗️Xavi: "I tried."

❗️Xavi: "This has happened to every Barcelona manager after some time. You end up leaving because it's not worth it to continue. There will never be a Ferguson at the club. You won't allow someone to stay for so long."

❗️Xavi: "I will rest for a bit after this season. My family have been suffering a lot with me in this tenure. I want to be with them."

.@javigiorgetti: "Barcelona's biggest enemy is the fans themselves. Thank you for so much Xavi, and sorry for so little. Thanks to all the media who criticised him even when he didn't deserve the criticism, they have succeeded. They have managed to destabilise a team that was a family last season. I'm afraid we'll be worse off without him."

❗️Xavi: "Being a Barça coach is so difficult. You see how they kill you, they criticize you, it affects you. At one point you begin to wonder: Is it worth it? And that's it. My loved ones know it. I took the decision to leave some time ago."

❗️Xavi: "At least you won't kill me anymore, as you already know that I'm leaving in a few months. Everything will be calmer."

Xavi: "I don't remember such a cruel match as today in my entire career as a player."

Like wtffff is this shit
Imagine if valverde came out and moaned like this, he had 10x the media criticism

Devils

Can't understand the fanbase sympathizing with him.

Yes he's a club legend but he's also one of the worst managers Barca has had in recent decades. Just one of those managers who was a world class player but a terrible manager. There have been many like that before him and there will be many after him.

Laporta is the biggest clown though. Gave Xavi and his Qatar staff the keys to kingdom. Signed a bunch of terrible players in exchange for club assets. Risked it all on a unproven manager who hired his brother and some rejects from Qatar and made Sergi Roberto the captain of this team.

Need to get these Catalans out of this club.

xXKonan

Xavi came in pretty raw with only a couple of years under his belt as a coach in Qatar which isn't top level stuff and it was a gamble and he was also bringing in his backroom staff which included his brother whom they all didn't have any serious credentials nor the experience to take on a job this caliber just yet.

Maybe I was a bit naive but I was expecting (Hoping) he would get his Lucho moment where he finally sat down and figured it out and we finally get our shit together but alas it never came.

Lucho was also one stubborn son of a bitch at times but even he realized he needed to self-reflect and concede that his ideas weren't working. With Xavi we haven't seen that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans