Yaya Toure

J

Jordzibob

Am I the only one who thinks Sergi has been given a place in the team, which is fair enough because Yaya was off form, but has fucked it up? I really think he's been playing bad since he took over the role, its just been a catalogue of errors starting from when he got sent off in the Classico....I'd rather have Yaya, he's not that bad

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
so much of this forum is people mindlessly criticising pep because they can't understand why a player they like may be underperforming. and because they don't want to blame the player, they blame the manager.

Nope. I've barely seen people "mindlessly criticizing pep" on BarcaForum. Let alone to the extent ("so much of this forum") as you described.
Although I've seen people hiding behind pep's alleged beliefs when that suits their argument and going quite the opposite in other topics.

J

Jordzibob

Nope. I've barely seen people "mindlessly criticizing pep" on BarcaForum. Let alone to the extent ("so much of this forum") as you described.
Although I've seen people hiding behind pep's alleged beliefs when that suits their argument and going quite the opposite in other topics.

People go to extremes regarding Pep on this forum. Some people will not accept when he makes a clearly bad decision, lets say a bad sub or something that didnt work out, they will simply go, "Nope, its ok, I trust Pep's judgement, it wasnt his fault" its like....yeeeeh, but then some are content to love him when we win but then complain about why he's picking Pedro over Bojan or other such crap when we draw...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Am I the only one who thinks Sergi has been given a place in the team, which is fair enough because Yaya was off form, but has fucked it up? I really think he's been playing bad since he took over the role, its just been a catalogue of errors starting from when he got sent off in the Classico....I'd rather have Yaya, he's not that bad

You are not the only one. Going through the topics you see there are more or less equal amount of people on each side.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People go to extremes regarding Pep on this forum. Some people will not accept when he makes a clearly bad decision, lets say a bad sub or something that didnt work out, they will simply go, "Nope, its ok, I trust Pep's judgement, it wasnt his fault" its like....yeeeeh, but then some are content to love him when we win but then complain about why he's picking Pedro over Bojan or other such crap when we draw...

Agreed, as you said that's some. Not "so much of this forum" and not "mindlessly".
Even then when you run into those here and there is it so surprising. It's football, it is supposed to be about passion, particularly on match days when people are galvanized.
If we are to only nod at pep's decisions or be content at whatever the outcome then mind as well close the topics and create a following.

desoe

It always happens not just with Pep, but everywhere where you have a winning team. While Barca is still winning trophies and leading the league, Pep will be right in most of the time. It's a normal human behaviour, sometimes maybe subconscious.

Once Real Madrid win the league and Pep will be guilty for everything. Like it always happens in football - players never have a fault for anything, just the manager :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You can compare it with last season as well then when Barca won it all and it was Pep who took the lion share of credit. This thing goes both ways.
And I would disagree with people blaming it on pep more often than on players. We`ve seen people criticizing Marquez, Busquets, Henry, Ibra. And quite often.
Having said that, this season will be harder for pep as he was the one who pinpointed Chygo and Ibra as opposed to last season where he was "stuck" with Eto and didn´t have as much say, or didn´t simply have enough time to influence the transfers.

barca96

why does yaya look lo slow and hesitant to make runs this year?
but no matter what, he is still better for us than busi.
hopefully he will make the line-up

beef-supreme

Yaya has had a storming opening 30 minutes, he has been a tank going forwards, 1 assist, crucial clearance, and also he's had some superb passes and great distribution from deep. Completely different from the lethargic Yaya we've seen a lot this season.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
actually I think he was pish for 10 minutes, getting back into stride n' that. but since then he's been BOSS.

that's the yaya we all know and love.

'bout fuckin' time too.

beef-supreme

actually I think he was pish for 10 minutes, getting back into stride n' that. but since then he's been BOSS.

that's the yaya we all know and love.

'bout fuckin' time too.

Well i didn't see him misplace a single pass and he was good with his interceptions and interventions, but it's after that, you're right, that he really came good with some fantastic forwards momentum.

He passed Messi for the first goal.. would that be considered an assist to him?

I don't think so.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
yeah he did pass to leo for the first goal. I dunno if it will count as an assist, it probably shouldn't, but technically it IS an assist.

Home of Barca Fans