Yaya Toure

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The rumours seem to continue...Seluk, Yaya's agent, basically pointed to ManYoo & Chelsea as clubs him and his client would be interested in...Although it would be discussed/decided in April/May...He pointedly referred to Yaya not being happy with his situation at the club.

Gotta be money, right?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA :2guns:

I don't get people describing Essien like he's a mindless thug, the man might not be Xavi or even have the vision and passing skills of Yaya but he can playmake in small doses like he does for the Ivory Coast. He's much less of a one dimensional thug than M. Diarra, who all cules are raving about as the greatest midfielder in the world now that Madrid doesn't want him..come on people, stop with the agenda.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Essien is a Beast and he has a lot of technical ability compared other players in his position. However what he doesn't have is guile and playmaker-style ability to spot a pass.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Essien is a Beast and he has a lot of technical ability compared other players in his position. However what he doesn't have is guile and playmaker-style ability to spot a pass.

Agreed he doesn't have great vision but by CM/DM standards he's not a worthless playmaker either, it's just not his job and he is busy focusing his energy elsewhere.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
So the richest club has the best players?
Erm, what? Your reasoning (as far as i can get it right) was that Essien would have been transferred to a club like Barca or Arsenal if he had the techniqual proficiency (that i claim and you deny), not to Chelsea. This is just logically wrong. Chelsea had to most money to offer. Thats why he plays for Chelsea, not b/c he would lack those skills. Period.

Essien is a wild rhino and not good enough for worlds most beautiful football played by barca.
He would never be able to follow our passing tempo
With all respect, but i would consider this a worse evaluation than Justins famous Cesc vs Iniesta comparison.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
That is a pretty rubbish description of him!

I don't get people describing Essien like he's a mindless thug, the man might not be Xavi or even have the vision and passing skills of Yaya but he can playmake in small doses like he does for the Ivory Coast. He's much less of a one dimensional thug than M. Diarra, who all cules are raving about as the greatest midfielder in the world now that Madrid doesn't want him..come on people, stop with the agenda.

Yeh I don't understand this hype for M Diarra, I've always found him overrated tbh and now there are people calling him the world's best dm. Crazy.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Erm, what? Your reasoning (as far as i can get it right) was that Essien would have been transferred to a club like Barca or Arsenal if he had the techniqual proficiency (that i claim and you deny), not to Chelsea. This is just logically wrong. Chelsea had to most money to offer. Thats why he plays for Chelsea, not b/c he would lack those skills. Period.

With all respect, but i would consider this a worse evaluation than Justins famous Cesc vs Iniesta comparison.
It reminds me of Chelsea still crying and thinking they should have won the CL (because of their fabulous display? hahaha)
It's a matter of taste.
U dont have it.
Me neither.

Nuts

Last time I checked Essien played for Ghana...

Nuts

Inregards to Essien, he is a box-to-box monster, he is basically the engine of Chelsea, does all the dirty work and alot of his 'creative' game is restricted playing the covering role for the players ahead of him.

I would take him over Yaya anyday of the week, I don't think there is a better player in world football at what he does for a team, would love to have him.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
yea that clearence in the box in the dying moments of chelski vs Barça game was amazing...

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Nobody owns the circle like M.diarra. As a pure destroyer hes number one IMO. Memories of him dicking our midfield in 07 still traumatize me.

Home of Barca Fans