Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda hurts watching him do this good every single year since he left Barca. Makes you wonder could Pep find the way to accommodate him with Messi.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Kinda hurts watching him do this good every single year since he left Barca. Makes you wonder could Pep find the way to accommodate him with Messi.

don't think it was possible, the two personalities could never mix. Pep is a man of principles, but his principles are wrong from time to time imo and just turns into being stubborn stupid.

Ibra had 112 touches of the ball last night. He plays more and more like a false nine...
Still I don't see how he could ever fit in with Messi. He clarly cannot play on the wing, and while Messi is still a beast as RW this could not be a permanent solution.
I guess a diamond 343 with Ibra as central attacking midfielder could work too

Theconomist

Ibra had 112 touches of the ball last night. He plays more and more like a false nine...
Still I don't see how he could ever fit in with Messi. He clarly cannot play on the wing, and while Messi is still a beast as RW this could not be a permanent solution.
I guess a diamond 343 with Ibra as central attacking midfielder could work too

I agree, it's very hard for it to work, you'd have to put Messi on the right OR have him play behind Ibra but since Ibra isn't a trad CF either it would be difficult. Ibra (and Messi) work best when the team revolves around them. Would love to see Ibra playing with Ronaldo, that would be insane.

NeyMesSis

I think tecnichal he learned so much in barca. since barca he is such a beast. he was good before but after barca he was absolute on of the top 3-5.
passing, ballcontrol, etc

pEllee

I think tecnichal he learned so much in barca. since barca he is such a beast. he was good before but after barca he was absolute on of the top 3-5.
passing, ballcontrol, etc

Really? If anything, the areas he's improved in are the device ones for strikers. Such as finishing and off the ball movement. And sure, maybe his passing is slightly better.

But overall, his ball control was much more spectacular when he was younger. Before he bulked up too much.

Last edited:

SANNA

Really? If anything, the areas he's improved in are the device ones for strikers. Such as finishing and off the ball movement. And sure, maybe his passing is slightly better.

But overall, his ball control and his dribbling was much more spectacular when he was younger. Before he bulked up too much.

Agree with both of you in a sense. Yes his technical ability was better when younger. He was also faster so he could put this ability to better use then than now. But i also think he realized and learned how valuable a certain type of passing and the technique it requires could be at barca. His vision has improved since barca imo. Possibly cause theres was always someone to pick out in the way barca plays with all the runs in the box. He adapts very well and always seem eager to evolve his game and at barca he was forced to try new aspects that had not been required of him before.

Despite his technique i sometimes am baffled at how poor he is at times when running at full speed with the ball. It seem like something he could easily improve despite his long stride.

pEllee

Agree with both of you in a sense. Yes his technical ability was better when younger. He was also faster so he could put this ability to better use then than now. But i also think he realized and learned how valuable a certain type of passing and the technique it requires could be at barca. His vision has improved since barca imo. Possibly cause theres was always someone to pick out in the way barca plays with all the runs in the box. He adapts very well and always seem eager to evolve his game and at barca he was forced to try new aspects that had not been required of him before.

Despite his technique i sometimes am baffled at how poor he is at times when running at full speed with the ball. It seem like something he could easily improve despite his long stride.

Yes, he was quicker and lighter before so naturally, you'd expect him to be able to use all his technical ability better. That's true. Which is why I don't really like how Capello made him bulk up and almost destroyed him as a player. He was practically turning a creative technical striker into a big lump of a target man. Thank god he got away from him.

As for his vision; Not really in my opinion. If you visit some Inter forums and read posts from 2006-2009 you'll see how some posters there genuinely thought he was one of the most creative passers around. And I agree with that. Even at Malmö he used to pull off some great creative flicks. Always been a creative genius.

His decision making on the other hand has improved. He's a lot more composed on the field now. So in a way, his passing has improved in that regard.

His running with the poor is kinda average (not poor though) now, yes. He was good at it when he was younger though. He just looks so much more awkward whenever he tries it now.

From his inter days;

Last edited:

Armando929

Ronaldo plays in a lesser defensive league imo and id say its harder to score for psg than for madrid for that very reason.
French games dont end up with as high goal count.

I think you are wrong and i dont think there is a single player in the world that could have done what ibra have done. No not even messi. I dont think anyone would have brought all those trophies that ibra have for the clubs he did when he did. Its not easy changing teams / styles yet always coming out on top.

Ibra would have won more trophies over the years with madrid than ronaldo has imo. Prolly not scored as many goals but who cares about the 4th when you are allrdy 3 up..

See Im not so sure... None of those teams in the French League really impress me as much as the likes of Barca, Real, or Atletico. Hell, I think even the midtable teams in La Liga are better than the midtable teams in France. The quality of football played is just on another level for me. Its almost like night and day.

Not saying that Ibra wouldn't put up some nice numbers if he was in La Liga. But I seriously doubt that Ibra would have won Real anything against the Barca of 2008-2011 that Ronaldo couldn't win despite scoring a disgusting amount of goals. I don't know what Ibra could have done any different playing for that Real side. I doubt he'd have scored as much as Cristiano, and I doubt he would speed up their attack anymore. Real play best on the counter where they could get Ronaldo, Higuain(Before he left), and Di Maria to run at defenders and find an open man in the box. That doesn't suit Zlatan who likes a slow build so he can create a play.

I just don't see it. He had a decent first half of the season with us, but his laziness and inability/unwillingness to adapt to the system when Messi was moved to the false 9 role full time is what caused him to be on the bench. Sure he had a falling out with Pep. But if he would have been more professional and less egotistical, he would have accepted his lesser role in the team and maybe it would have worked out for him here. I mean, if Pep was preferring to play BOJAN and Pedro ahead of Zlatan, I'm sure the reasons were valid. Pep knows this club inside out and he knew what was in the club's best interest(For the most part. He did make his occasional mistakes, true).

Last edited:

SANNA

See Im not so sure... None of those teams in the French League really impress me as much as the likes of Barca, Real, or Atletico. Hell, I think even the midtable teams in La Liga are better than the midtable teams in France. The quality of football played is just on another level for me. Its almost like night and day.

Not saying that Ibra wouldn't put up some nice numbers if he was in La Liga. But I seriously doubt that Ibra would have won Real anything against the Barca of 2008-2011 that Ronaldo couldn't win despite scoring a disgusting amount of goals. I don't know what Ibra could have done any different playing for that Real side. I doubt he'd have scored as much as Cristiano, and I doubt he would speed up their attack anymore. Real play best on the counter where they could get Ronaldo, Higuain(Before he left), and Di Maria to run at defenders and find an open man in the box. That doesn't suit Zlatan who likes a slow build so he can create a play.

I just don't see it. He had a decent first half of the season with us, but his laziness and inability/unwillingness to adapt to the system when Messi was moved to the false 9 role full time is what caused him to be on the bench. Sure he had a falling out with Pep. But if he would have been more professional and less egotistical, he would have accepted his lesser role in the team and maybe it would have worked out for him here. I mean, if Pep was preferring to play BOJAN and Pedro ahead of Zlatan, I'm sure the reasons were valid. Pep knows this club inside out and he knew what was in the club's best interest(For the most part. He did make his occasional mistakes, true).

Well it looks like night and day because its a completely different type of football. Am not saying i think french football is better than spanish cause i don't think that, i think the opposite. But i think that the french teams are generally better than the spanish at keeping your opponents from scoring. Its a more defensively oriented league.

If you have zlatan in your team you dont set it up to play counter football, it would be a waste of his abilities. Like i allrdy said i don't think zlatan would have scored more goals than ronaldo i just think they wouldent slip against the lesser side and that his winning mentality would have brought trophies. Ronaldo seem to be very content winning nothing as long as he scores lots of goals, zlatan would not be.

Zlatan wasent happy why should he stay? regardless of reasons really. And the way he saw it the coach had no interest in explaining or even talking to him why should he settle for that? I think barca would be a better team with ibra but i dont think ibra would feel better or would even be better at barca than he is now so it worked out in his favor.

Personally i would have loved to c ibra continue in barca (then) but not as a winger who cant speak his mind or drive his ferrari to practice. I like zlatan beeing zlatan.

Home of Barca Fans