Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Bertus

We'll see, even though again Ibra will be the main guy :lol:. The most worrying thing for PSG about his association with Cavani is how Blanc will use them in order to bring something good. Which i don't believe Blanc is expert about.

Please, don't remind me they are coached by Blanc :facepalm:

Cry.gif

pEllee

Not about to happen, it will always remain a dream for you. Messi's position and role won't change. And it isn't only about position but Ibrahimovic is a very arrogant character and wants to be the main star of the team, he doesn't accept of being the shadow of someone other in his team. Obviously this won't change with Messi too. Signing him was the biggest mistake it could ever be, 46 mil and Eto'o who still was ideal for the attack was just a crime.

Believe it or not, but he has performed when he was not the main star of the team. He was very aware of the fact that he was not going to be the main man in Barcelona.

However, I do believe that he has to feel like he's needed and important. Otherwise his performances aren't going to be quite as good. Guardiola's man management is to blame here, as well as Zlatan's poor attitude. I'm sure it COULD have worked.

MagIX

it's funny how Ibra fans have not yet accepted the indisputable fact that Ibra is not good enough for barca, he is not barca material.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR BARCA. Stop. End of the story.
This is the main reason he had to leave our team. It was a great error of assessment by our management by totally overreting Ibra that led to the worst soccer deal ever: Ibra for Eto'o + 45mio.
No one remembers the general worldwide astonishment when it was publicly announced the deal ? After the surprise, they all pulled out laughing. Nobody in the soccer/business world understood this deal.
Inter fans could not believe their eyes when they read of the deal done, they had tha best deal ever, they got drunk for days.

MVBarcaFan

it's funny how Ibra fans have not yet accepted the indisputable fact that Ibra is not good enough for barca, he is not barca material.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR BARCA. Stop. End of the story.
This is the main reason he had to leave our team. It was a great error of assessment by our management by totally overreting Ibra that led to the worst soccer deal ever: Ibra for Eto'o + 45mio.
No one remembers the general worldwide astonishment when it was publicly announced the deal ? After the surprise, they all pulled out laughing. Nobody in the soccer/business world understood this deal.
Inter fans could not believe their eyes when they read of the deal done, they had tha best deal ever, they got drunk for days.

Why do you think he was not good enough for Barca? Ibra is as talented as they come. Prior to joining Barca, he had 29 goals and 11 assists at Inter. He was picked as Serie A Footballer of the Year three times before joined Barca. He can pick a pass and draws more than one defender around him, creating space for others. What more do you want? A carbon-copy of Messi?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Ironically the thing he was bought for (breaking a bus) is the thing he was shit at. He also blocked the space Messi liked to run into from the right.

Still he is very talented. The season he had at Inter before he joined was brilliant. I still think its one of the worst transfers in history, if it wasn't for that transfer Inter wouldn't have had a good enough team to beat us.

Galning

Trolololololol Ibra not good enough for Barça lolololol. I'm not talking about tactical wise or anything but just his genuine talent? Not good enough? I'm out.

pEllee

Good both enough both tactic wise and talent wise. I actually re-watched some of the early games from his Barcelona campaign and he was doing great. The team was doing great as well. Then something happend.

-

By the way did any of you actually watch his last game against Norway? He was flawless, incredible link up play, good decision making and on top of that, three goals. Looks like he's in good form at the moment. :)

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Tactically he wasn't suited. The change to put Messi as a false nine is what led to the brilliant 2011 season. He was the main problem against Inter...

coura

Banned
Of course Ibra is barça material but only in terms of football skills. Superb player.
In terms of personality within a roster is the worst that could happen. Huge mistake by Pep.
How in the world did he not antecipate that Ibra has a gigantic ego and can only plays in a team where he is the top chef, the kink, the one and only.
In barça he was just another great player with Xavi, Iniesta, Henry and a alien blossom called messi.
Shit was unavoidable.

pEllee

Tactically he wasn't suited. The change to put Messi as a false nine is what led to the brilliant 2011 season. He was the main problem against Inter...

Well, I thought he was fitting in just fine. During the beginning of the season that is. Don't remember much of the Inter game. He was a problem because he didn't exactly fit the attempted game plan but what's the point of including him then? Guardiola got it wrong, Mourinho got it right.

But of course Messi as a false nine is better than Ibrahimovic. Still, in a sense, you're right in saying he wasn't suited. Ibrahimovic would obviously never be as mobile as Eto´o so yes it would have been different. But, when you bring in a player of his qualities, and for a transfer fee that big you should at least be able to able to adapt the game plan slightly so Barca would have got more out of him. After all, when Ibra indeed did have more attacking freedom he did great and so did the team. This whole deal had potential but it was all messed up.

Can't blame Guardiola for rather wanting to get more out of Messi though.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I agree we didn't use him properly. We played the same we we did with Eto'o, but with Ibra you need to change. I remember we'd send through balls for him to run onto when it's better he comes deep to get it and then use his creative genius from the edge of the box. He can also drift to the wings sometimes and defenders wouldn't be able to mark him, different from Samu. He also had a long shot that added variety.

Zincubus

Banned
Magix.
You're just embarrassing yourself saying he isn't / wasn't good for Barca especially as we've relied on Pedro an awful lot since Ibra was kicked out of the club , Ibra is on a different planet to Pedro as most would agree .

Maybe to suggest he wasn't suited to user maybe we just didn't play to his strengths .

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The problem we had with Ibra was that we had a romantic guy for our manager who needed every thing to be perfect, every one to be running like they belonged to a pack of wolves! Only Ibra never was like that, and he never could be, as he was a totally different kind of monster!!

The drawback that led to Ibra fiasco wasn't him, but it was the manager himself! He never should have signed him when it was obvious he never could have managed him!!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Mourinho and Carlo managed him just fine. I think that's Gwardjola's biggest dent in his career in terms of being a great manager, the ability to handle Egos. If he succeeds at Bayern then we can take away that idea.

Meitux

Well most of players in Bayern don't share the exactly same big ego as Ibrahimovic, talks will start mostly if he benches one of the german heroes or something similar.

Home of Barca Fans