1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Vilarrubi

No not at all.. have you? Please enlighten me if he is what you would expect of a Barca number 1. I doubt many people watch the Bundesliga as it is an even more lopsided league than the spanish league, which was proved when Bayern won the league in record time, but then got destroyed by Real in the champions league.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
No offence to the guy.. but Barca cannot have him number 1.. 9 clean sheets in 34 games in Germany. Bundesliga is not a high goal scoring league either compared to La Liga or BPL for example. Hopefully when they posted the update about a week ago with Pinto out, Stegan in they were referring to him replacing the number 2 keeper's role.

tumblr_n0fqmjVjJV1qd5yffo4_250.gif

Vilarrubi

Thanks for the stats @barca1899 didn't realise they were as high as that! I stand corrected. But do you agree with me that the combination of 9 clean sheets in 34 games is good enough for Barca? In a German league that got put in its place by 3rd place Real Madrid. Do you think he is the right guy for Barca number 1?

Vilarrubi

@ryuken Journalist? Check the name Vilarrubi. I am half catalan and only mean good by what I say I want the best for Barca

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
@ryuken Journalist? Check the name Vilarrubi. I am half catalan and only mean good by what I say I want the best for Barca

Hello Villarrubi. Are you the billionaire VP of FC Barcelona? Please make sure we get the best players from transfers.

khnx.

ceefoo

But do you agree with me that the combination of 9 clean sheets in 34 games is good enough for Barca? In a German league that got put in its place by 3rd place Real Madrid. Do you think he is the right guy for Barca number 1?
I agree it's a poor defensive record for a team that finished 6th in the Bundesliga, but can you put that down to MAtS's goalkeeping? I haven't seen them play so I can't comment.

What I do know is: Currently MAtS is the BEST GK at our club, and therefore should wear the No.1 jersey. Whether he will be good enough in the long-term remains to be seen.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
You can't use clean sheets alone to judge if a GK is good or not, there are many goals where the keeper can do nothing and is let down by his defense or midfield or whatever, clean sheets don't matter that much.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No not at all.. have you? Please enlighten me if he is what you would expect of a Barca number 1. I doubt many people watch the Bundesliga as it is an even more lopsided league than the spanish league, which was proved when Bayern won the league in record time, but then got destroyed by Real in the champions league.

Yes, I have, several matches actually. I have seen a goalkeeper with immense talent, someone who is quite good with the ball with his feet, someone who has great reflexes, someone who is very good in 1 vs 1 and someone who is commanding in his box. I have also seen this determined guy with a spark of leadership in him. I have seen a potentially great keeper who can serve us for the next decade or so.

Thanks for the stats @barca1899 didn't realise they were as high as that! I stand corrected. But do you agree with me that the combination of 9 clean sheets in 34 games is good enough for Barca? In a German league that got put in its place by 3rd place Real Madrid. Do you think he is the right guy for Barca number 1?

If you have not watched him play then how can you comment on him? If you have not watched his team then how can you comment on him? If you don't take all the factors in consideration then how can you comment on whether he is suitable for us or not?

We all do want the best for Barca, catalan or not catalan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Atleast give him chance, a fair chance, persist with him before saying otherwise. The same happened with De Gea, came from a team who conceded many goals, took some time to settle in his new club and look where he is now.

Maybe he is not good enough as well.

Vilarrubi

@ceefoo Yes of course he should be number 1 at the moment. I don't see them bringing anyone else in.. like Ter mentions on the website about Oliver Kahn I think Barca are hoping he is the next Kahn as he has had international experience and he is young etc.. and no doubt he will be good in the end that is why I think he should be number 2 keeper. But on the back of that season.. we do not need someone who is learning.. we need experience from the start or we can wave bye bye to more trophies to Atletico and Real.

Home of Barca Fans