1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Vilarrubi

@DonAK

Yeah I understand what you are saying about me not seeing him play, maybe I would see him in a different light.. but stats are what make the league in my eyes. You can say he had a fantastic game but let in two goals? Doesn't cut it for me.. And yeah everyone deserves a fair chance, I think if we had come off the back of a cup winning season I would accept it a bit more. But we haven't and our number 1 needs to be 100% top keeper, not a keeper who is learning. The Catalan part was just in relation to him saying i was a Journalist :s

ceefoo

.. we do not need someone who is learning.. we need experience from the start or we can wave bye bye to more trophies to Atletico and Real.
He may be young but he has shown great maturity at a young age and he is improving all the time. If you play him as back-up GK in his first season at Camp Nou it could hamper his development or even knock his confidence.

And anyway, a more experienced GK doesn't necessarily mean he'll be any better. At this moment in time I wouldn't rate Reina ahead of MAtS.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@DonAK

Yeah I understand what you are saying about me not seeing him play, maybe I would see him in a different light.. but stats are what make the league in my eyes. You can say he had a fantastic game but let in two goals? Doesn't cut it for me.. And yeah everyone deserves a fair chance, I think if we had come off the back of a cup winning season I would accept it a bit more. But we haven't and our number 1 needs to be 100% top keeper, not a keeper who is learning. The Catalan part was just in relation to him saying i was a Journalist :s

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think he will learn much by sitting on the bench. Not every top keeper in the world started off by playing in team's who concede few goals and such. I think we need to give Marc-Andre a fair chance and see what he is made of while at the same time buy an experienced keeper, a #2 who can step in if needed(hopefully TS will do well so we wont need our #2 to step in).

Welcome to the forum btw.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
@DonAK

Since you like stats so much check the save/goal ratio MAtS has its better than almost all the GKs in the top Euro leagues

Vilarrubi

@Behrox surely the more important stat is clean sheets than save/goal ratio! I'd rather my keeper keep 20 clean sheets out of 24 games than make 1000s of saves!

DonAK

Flick (assistent GER): "We think Neuer will recover in time for the World Cup, but we informed Ter Stegen. He won't yet go on holiday" [dfb]

Behrox

@Behrox surely the more important stat is clean sheets than save/goal ratio! I'd rather my keeper keep 20 clean sheets out of 24 games than make 1000s of saves!

Nope saves/goal is more important it shows you the state of the defense in front of the GK aswell. A defense that leaks 15-25 shots on target per game will make it increadibly hard for even GKs like Van Der Sar and Buffon to keep clean sheets. MAtS was the sole reason his former club finished in the Euro places this season he saved so many points for them on his own its not even funny

Vilarrubi

@ceefoo the very word improving makes me nervous for Barca.. the defence and GK have to be experienced and solid this season or we will lose out again! What is everyone's view on 2 GKs leaving? Do you think they will draft one up from the B team and have Oier number 2?

Behrox

Flick (assistent GER): "We think Neuer will recover in time for the World Cup, but we informed Ter Stegen. He won't yet go on holiday" [dfb]

MAtS should show Low the middle finger and walk away but I know he wont he is too classy

DonAK

His GF at the presentation.

BoP5ixyCEAAjY4F.jpg:large

Behrox

@ceefoo the very word improving makes me nervous for Barca.. the defence and GK have to be experienced and solid this season or we will lose out again! What is everyone's view on 2 GKs leaving? Do you think they will draft one up from the B team and have Oier number 2?

Masip will most likely be no 2 he is better than Oier

ceefoo

Every player is ALWAYS improving. Even Iniesta at the age of 30 is improving.

Stats can be misleading. They should used a guide only.

* Oier's leaving

- I don't a problem with Masip as No.2

:thumbsup2: MAtS GF get's the BarcaForum seal of approval. :D

Home of Barca Fans