1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Galning

His GF at the presentation.

BoP5ixyCEAAjY4F.jpg:large

I love how Zubi also welcomed her :D

barca1899

But do you agree with me that the combination of 9 clean sheets in 34 games is good enough for Barca?

9 clean sheets don't look overly impressive but you can't judge players only by stats, the whole Gladbach team were bad in the 2nd half of the season.

In a German league that got put in its place by 3rd place Real Madrid. Do you think he is the right guy for Barca number 1?

Barca losing 7-0 on aggregate to Bayern in the 100 points liga what does that mean for us? It ultimately doesn't matter, Real were better as were Bayern last year vs us.

Do you think he is the right guy for Barca number 1?

Yes, he is by far the best option for us. He showed leadership since the first time he was in the goal for Gladbach, they were fighting relegation then. He is confident with his feet (he needs to work on his ball control to prevent mistakes like vs. the USA and Augsburg), averaging 39.1 passes/game and 73% successful passes this season(Valdes had 14.7 passes/game and 62.3% pass completion). The only negative point is that he doesn't speak Spanish/Catalan, but he is willing to learn. He has the potential to become the best GK Barca ever had. Trust MAtS! :barca scarf:

zanela

Nope saves/goal is more important it shows you the state of the defense in front of the GK aswell. A defense that leaks 15-25 shots on target per game will make it increadibly hard for even GKs like Van Der Sar and Buffon to keep clean sheets. MAtS was the sole reason his former club finished in the Euro places this season he saved so many points for them on his own its not even funny

Save the trouble. There is no point debating with someone who needs explaining that achieving clean sheets is a collective defensive effort. In all my viewing of mats, there were only a couple of time where I thought he could've done better. He's saved them more points than lost them.

Vilarrubi

@zanela I understand that.. Just in my opinion after that season I just think we need someone with experience, not someone who is young and we hope will be a big star of the future.. I don't think its the right time for that. 2/3 years ago yes but now right now.

@barca1899 Surely we all know how much can change in one seasons football! I'm talking 1 month ago, you are talking 13 months ago.

I agree you all know a lot more on the stats and details of him and thanks for letting me know.. just my initial thought on it is what I said.. It's like putting a young CB in the first 11 because we "hope" he is going to be the next Puyol. Not after that season!

Vilarrubi

@linetty Those two statements were not linked together. The question after wasn't following on from that it was just a genuine question to everyone..

Vilarrubi

@ceefoo Iniesta improving in the sense of world class player who has proved himself on many occasions improving. Or a young player who is improving who we hope to be the next big keeper for Barca. Can't really compare those sorry!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
@linetty Those two statements were not linked together. The question after wasn't following on from that it was just a genuine question to everyone..

Yes MAtS is a low risk high gain signing and about time we did one aswell. I am sure he'll do great he has shown maturity at a young age and has the GK skills to rival the best in the world

L

linetty

Ok, sorry...

As for the question... Of course. Without a doubt or a second thought. It may sound weird, but I'm glad we didn't get Courtois.

Vilarrubi

@Behrox low risk???! How is he low risk? I want the best for Barca and I'm always optimistic but even the most positive person cannot call that low risk? I get high gain yes he could become the future Germany number 1 etc I agree

ceefoo

@ceefoo Iniesta improving in the sense of world class player who has proved himself on many occasions improving. Or a young player who is improving who we hope to be the next big keeper for Barca. Can't really compare those sorry!
Okay then, Thibaut Courtois. He is the same age as ter Stegen and played a similar amount of games at similar level.

Would you say HE is ready to become FC Barcelona Goalkeeper?

Home of Barca Fans