1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Okay then, Thibaut Courtois. He is the same age as ter Stegen and played a similar amount of games at similar level.

Would you say HE is ready to become FC Barcelona Goalkeeper?
Hell no he'll be teribbly exposed if we try to make him play the ball with his feet. Not all tall guys have the same level of class and composure as Busi

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
His GF at the presentation.

BoP5ixyCEAAjY4F.jpg:large

She's beautiful. :wub:

Vilarrubi

@ceefoo based on Barca's philosophy of playing out from the back and passing NO. Based on his form and stats in the same league YES. So i'm not sure with that.. what are your reasons he shouldn't be?

Vilarrubi

@barca1899 We can agree that Bayern's style which won them the league in record time (unbeaten) and destroyed every team IN the German league came unstuck against a 3rd place Madrid team which leads me to believe that the Spanish league is quite a bit ahead of the German league this season..

ceefoo

.. what are your reasons he shouldn't be?
I have no problem having ter Stegen over Courtois.

You are uncomfortable with MAtS as No.1 but you have not put forward a proposal of who should be our No.1 until Marc [comes of age] (as you're suggesting).

What other (realistic) GK targets are available that can do the job? Who are they?

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

I wish I had your optimism! Just my initial thought with Stegan is we are hoping too much that this gamble pays off and that his age, passing and saves/goal ratio's etc works out for Barca.. I'm unsure on the availability of GKs but i would have chosen Courtois, Reina, De Gea.. for a start they all speak Spanish and they've all had Champions league experience. That is the point I was getting at I don't think playing at a mid table German club is a good reflection of how good you are.. I also haven't personally watched Reina this season so i can't comment on how good he has been but bringing back youth team players in recent years has always worked for Barca!

Vilarrubi

By the way Courtois, Reina, De Gea is in no particular order AND i understand that Courtois doesn't fit into Barca's passing philosophy really

Vilarrubi

Ah right.. I would probably choose Reina then.. what's your reason for not wanting Reina?

No from what you have told me he seems a very promising keeper and a future star possibly.. but based on what i said before we can't afford to risk it with him after last season.

L

linetty

Ah right.. I would probably choose Reina then.. what's your reason for not wanting Reina?

No from what you have told me he seems a very promising keeper and a future star possibly.. but based on what i said before we can't afford to risk it with him after last season.
Insane wages. I'd have no problem with having him as a second choice if not the wages.

ceefoo

Reina was allowed to go to Napoli and his replacement: Mignolet is hardly a world beater.

I haven't seen Reina at Napoli but his final seasons at Liverpool left a lot to be desired.

I would have THIS MAtS over the current Reina.

Edit: Yeah, the wages as well. Another reason why he was allowed to leave Liverpool

JamDav1982

Reina was allowed to go to Napoli and his replacement: Mignolet is hardly a world beater.

I haven't seen Reina at Napoli but his final seasons at Liverpool left a lot to be desired.

I would have THIS MAtS over the current Reina.

Edit: Yeah, the wages as well. Another reason why he was allowed to leave Liverpool

Reina was allowed to leave Liverpool on loan because of his wages, he is still a better keeper than Mignolet.

Vilarrubi

@linetty Would you choose Reina over Stegan?

@JamDav1982 I agree I think Reina is a lot better than Mignolet.. would you choose Stegan or Reina?

@ceefoo I understand what your'e getting at.. Just the experience of Champions League and playing top standard football brings me towards Reina more after last season.. I would feel calm knowing we have a good keeper in Reina rather than putting our hopes in a young keeper who we are banking on being good.

Home of Barca Fans