1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Vilarrubi

@cule4life @DonAK I was looking for someone with more experience and pedigree.. especially for GK. Would you be happy on us filling the rest of the spaces with similar players if you agree with what Stegan shows as good for Barca? For example.. we will fill the CB spot with an Italian defender who is 21.. He only kept 10 clean sheets in 35 games this season and his club came 7th but he showed good qualities so that is what counts? That's what it seems like to me.. It's ridiculous. Most definitely financially driven decision. If Barca do that they can wave goodbye to any trophies.. the GK and defenders were vital for next season.. solid with experience.

mazp

Rooney handed in a transfer request. He must enjoying his move to PSG..... or was it Madrid? Or was it......

Nope. Still at Man Utd. Personal deal's are nothing, nothing at all. It's just simply saying, 'yes, I would love to join Barcelona!'. You'd still have to deal with the club he belongs to and the club he belongs to and the manager of that club makes it incredibly difficult and next to impossible to get him. Add to that how rather unconvincing he has been when he has had to play behind a high-line defence which Zanela pointed out.

It's not 2+2 = 4 and everything is all well. You need to look at the player and whether he fits in. If he does, then you can take the next step and try to persuade him to join, if that's fine, then you do the most difficult part which is persuading his club to sell him to us. 2/3 of these factors go against Thibaut Courtois to FC Barcelona.

Your post about that if the best GK, Defender, Midfielder, Striker want the move then we should get them at all cost. Cesc Fabregas was by far one of the best players in the Premier League and yet he has left too much to be desired in Barcelona, even though you could perhaps argue that he deserves a better chance to show himself, but that's another issue.

I'd rather gamble on top players, then unknown ones..

Cesc unfortunately hasn't worked out, but I still would have signed him. Same for Ibra as well.

Also, Rooney plays for ManU. Atletico isn't United..

L

linetty

@zanela Seriously are you picking faults over the keeper with the best European record this season? vs someone with 9 clean sheets in 34 games.. I think what Courtois has achieved this season slightly outweighs mistakes against Malaga and Levante.
You certainly didnt watch any of Moenchengladbach matches. Their defence is horrible & MATS has saved points for them so many times that I cant recall all of them.

Your clean sheets stats are prolly stupid.

zanela

I don't think Transfer request is binding on the employer. As for the TC and Mou talk, as per Telegraph, Mou wants to make him his #1, and is lobbying to bring him back against the wishes of the club's gk coach.

@zanela Seriously are you picking faults over the keeper with the best European record this season? vs someone with 9 clean sheets in 34 games.. I think what Courtois has achieved this season slightly outweighs mistakes against Malaga and Levante.

I'm only doing so to illustrate that playing behind a high-line defense isn't as easy as just putting the supposed world's #1 in the box. Its a demanding task, and requires a certain disposition and skill to execute it. MAtS has the profile and the experience in such a capacity since his youth years. TC doesn't.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sometimes... I wonder where players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Valdes, Puyol, Buffon, Casillas etc would have been if everyone thought experience > Talent and ability

F

Flavia

Sweet baby geezus. Vilarubi is really complaining about a player he has never ever saw playing, based only on clean sheets... Enough trolling, imo.

And courtois would cost a fortune. Not to mention he'd be really hard to sign, and Barça has other priorities right now. MAtS will do great. He's one of the best gks in the world right now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Now your taking it to the extreme.. Come on man

Im not comparing ter Stegen to them. That would be foolish. Im just wondering where many of the top players who got the exposure, the chance to prove themselves at a very young age would've been today if everyone thought experience > Talent and ability(Young age)

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Sweet baby geezus. Vilarubi is really complaining about a player he has never ever saw playing, based only on clean sheets... Enough trolling, imo.

And courtois would cost a fortune. Not to mention he'd be really hard to sign, and Barça has other priorities right now. MAtS will do great. He's one of the best gks in the world right now.

Is this Jamdev's second account :lol:

Cule4life

The Culest
Who cares about goalkeeping attributes and suitability? Dem clean sheets is where its at.

Joe hart had 18 clean sheets last year. Why didnt we sign him when we had the chance......

xavi_the_Boss

@cule4life @DonAK I was looking for someone with more experience and pedigree.. especially for GK. Would you be happy on us filling the rest of the spaces with similar players if you agree with what Stegan shows as good for Barca? For example.. we will fill the CB spot with an Italian defender who is 21.. He only kept 10 clean sheets in 35 games this season and his club came 7th but he showed good qualities so that is what counts? That's what it seems like to me.. It's ridiculous. Most definitely financially driven decision. If Barca do that they can wave goodbye to any trophies.. the GK and defenders were vital for next season.. solid with experience.

How does this clean sheet Thing even matter?
If Courtois would have a shit defense infront of him he would concede way more Goals and not have as many clean sheets.Would he be a bad Player because of it?
Or would he be suddenly not good enough for Barca?

Vilarrubi

@DonAK Seriously? Every single one of those players came up through the youth system at their clubs then played for the senior team. That has zero relevance to what we are talking about.. A club bringing a player up through the youth system then giving them a chance in the senior team is completely different to signing a young player from another team to then play in your first team.

@Flavia Would you be okay with the example I said on the last message? About signing relatively unknown players to fill all the other gaps in the team based on there qualities despite success or experience with their clubs. I feel differently about it if its an attacking player.. but with defence and GK after last season needs massive experience.

F

Flavia

I'm really OK with MAtS. If there's one thing Zubi is good at, is goalkeeping. And I watched him this season, almost all games, and liked what I saw. You can't be complaining when you have no clue what you are talking about. And suggesting a weaker gk, Reina, just based on experience.

Vilarrubi

@Flavia Everyone's opinion is as valid as the next. That is exactly what I mean though I could point out players who I thought had outstanding seasons for mid table teams but lack the experience and pedigree for what Barca need especially in defence and GK. Also Reina was based on the fact he's played in the Champions League, been to the World Cup, speaks Spanish, Ex Barca youth (which has worked in recent years)

F

Flavia

@Flavia Everyone's opinion is as valid as the next. That is exactly what I mean though I could point out players who I thought had outstanding seasons for mid table teams but lack the experience and pedigree for what Barca need especially in defence and GK. Also Reina was based on the fact he's played in the Champions League, been to the World Cup, speaks Spanish, Ex Barca youth (which has worked in recent years)

You are basing your opinion on MAtS on what, if you never saw him play? Also, thinking Reina is good enough based on that is really wrong, as he is not a great gk anymore. You need to watch games to know if a player is good or not. So to me your opinion on them is not valid, sorry.

Home of Barca Fans