1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

ebieymjunior

The decision to sign a keeper for Barcelona isn't just about shot stopping, but how good the keeper is with his feet.
Yesterday we say Ortola save 3 penalties!! in the Copa Catalunya. He had very good saves, but was like Pinto with his feet during the match. That's not good, though he's a very good keeper.

Point being, ter Stegan is much better with his feet that Courtois is, and is therefore a better fit for Barcelona.

Vilarrubi

@Flavia You didnt answer my question on the post above? About signing players in a similar fashion for different positions? Would you be happy?

F

Flavia

@Flavia You didnt answer my question on the post above? About signing players in a similar fashion for different positions? Would you be happy?

That would mean good scouting. So yes. It's not like it never happened before. Barça signed quality players that weren't widely know from the French league, for instance. Like Abidal.

JamDav1982

A league arguably weaker than the Bundesliga. And he wasn't well known, by any means.

To be fair Abidal was well known.

I remember him being linked with EPL teams all the time although he was never as regarded as highly as the level he eventually found at Barca.

Vilarrubi

Lyon got past the group stage of the Champions League 3 times while Abidal was there! (Quarter Finals twice)..... cannot compare them to Borussia Mönchengladbach

F

Flavia

To be fair Abidal was well known.

I remember him being linked with EPL teams all the time although he was never as regarded as highly as the level he eventually found at Barca.

He wasn't that we'll known or regarded, as you just pointed. MAtS is not unknown either. Or Toure, who wasn't that regarded or known as well.

Imo they got at Barça the same way mats just did. Criticizing without even seeing him play once is really nonsensical.

CatalinR10

* enters thread

* sees last pages

aM17yLx_460sa.gif

Vilarrubi

Toure was didn't have as bigger role to fill as Stegan does at Barca's number 1. Yaya was swapped with Busquets or came on as sub often!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't want to be rude, but there's a limit lol, dude, if you've not seen him play even once then you have nothing to say about whether he should or should not be our starting keeper next season. Especially not based on something as ridiculous as amount of clean sheets :lol:

End of discussion.

Vilarrubi

@donAK @Flavia I think Barca are banking on his technical abilities (which you speak so highly of) that he has shown in the Bundesliga despite his poor clean sheet record and lack of experience in Champions League. It's just too much of a risk I think at this stage for Barca.. I think everyone would agree that if every signing was done in that fashion we would be done for.. If we signed starting 11 defenders all around the same age with the same experience would you be happy and confident going into next season. I wouldn't for sure!

Vilarrubi

@DonAK You never replied to my post about Stegan having nothing to do with the list of players you mentioned.... they were all youth players which went on to play for the senior team. I'm talking about a young player going to a different senior team (not just any team Barca) completely different.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@DonAK You never replied to my post about Stegan having nothing to do with the list of players you mentioned.... they were all youth players which went on to play for the senior team. I'm talking about a young player going to a different senior team (not just any team Barca) completely different.

Buffon.

Home of Barca Fans