1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Chainsaw

Killahead
Where did I say that it wasn't a mistake? I only pointed out that the outcome was unlucky and that those things can happen to everybody.
I just don't understand how people always point at terStegen, a player that does not get enough playing time to be at his best. It is the same situation with Pedro. When players do not play regularly, they naturally cannot perform like they would with lots of playing time.

The outcome won't be so unlucky if the mistake is avoided at the first place. MatS won't be a world beater if he doesn't learn from his mistakes. Constructive criticism is not gonna end a player's career, neither irrelevant video comparisons is gonna save it.

People always point at terStegen? I thought people say he's getting too much praise here.

IMO MatS is getting enough playing time for someone who is still raw in some aspects. And Bravo hasn't done anything dreadfully wrong yet to suggest that he deserves the bench more than MatS.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Guys come on, bravo lost us the sevilla points, when we needed them the most.
Mats on the other hand saved us from bayern, he's a much better keeper.

PhilS

The Ter Stegen fans are impervious to reality. When you ship 8 in two games, you don't get promoted. Goalies need to at least make themselves available to maybe stop shots, abandoning the position for no good reason and then passing to the other team is quite a serious error.

Jägermeister

IMO MatS is getting enough playing time for someone who is still raw in some aspects. And Bravo hasn't done anything dreadfully wrong yet to suggest that he deserves the bench more than MatS.

It is true that Bravo hasn't done anything wrong. That is the luxury problem we have, that there are two very good keepers in our squad.

I just believe that Marc needs to play more not because Bravo is doing bad (he isn't at all), but because that is the only way he can sort out the flaws that his play currently has.

Qqqq

The most concerning thing about ter Stegen is his charisma - or lack thereof. Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, but it's a whole lot easier to trust (and forgive) a guy that looks like a fucking lion in goal, than it is a guy who is just as talented but gives off a grey mouse-vibe.

That's the main difference between him and Neuer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The most concerning thing about ter Stegen is his charisma - or lack thereof. Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, but it's a whole lot easier to trust (and forgive) a guy that looks like a fucking lion in goal, than it is a guy who is just as talented but gives off a grey mouse-vibe.

That's the main difference between him and Neuer.

Not sure what you are referring to by charisma here. If you meant by his lack of showing emotion, getting upset at his teammates, yelling and roaring etc., yes, considering he is still very green and it was just his first season, he hasn't earned anything to yell at his teammates.

Qqqq

Not sure what you are referring to by charisma here. If you meant by his lack of showing emotion, getting upset at his teammates, yelling and roaring etc., yes, considering he is still very green and it was just his first season, he hasn't earned anything to yell at his teammates.

If referring to exactly what I wrote. He looks like a grey mouse in goal. He just doesn't radiate what a guy like Neuer does.

He hasn't earned anything to yell at his teammates? That's something you earn by doing it. Being the general in defense. Showing that you are present, and demanding your teammates's respect and trust. A shy goalkeeper has a serious disadvantage to a charismatic one.

Last edited:

jamrock

Valdez must be texting him, saying have faith, I know what you are going through with these fans, but you it worst because our success has attracted a different kind of fan these past few years.

Chainsaw

Killahead
It is true that Bravo hasn't done anything wrong. That is the luxury problem we have, that there are two very good keepers in our squad.

I just believe that Marc needs to play more not because Bravo is doing bad (he isn't at all), but because that is the only way he can sort out the flaws that his play currently has.

By playing more you mean plays ahead of Bravo in the league too? He's played all the CL matches, many CdR matches and playing every final and probably going to play the CWC matches as well. That's more than enough to me for someone who is young, still doesn't know the language well and yet to reach the maturity and consistency level which is expected from the Barca's #1.

Jägermeister

By playing more you mean plays ahead of Bravo in the league too? He's played all the CL matches, many CdR matches and playing every final and probably going to play the CWC matches as well. That's more than enough to me for someone who is young, still doesn't know the language well and yet to reach the maturity and consistency level which is expected from the Barca's #1.
Yes I personally hope that he also plays in the league. But of course as long as Bravo performs fine, there is actually no reason for Lucho to change things up.

mssarm

If referring to exactly what I wrote. He looks like a grey mouse in goal. He just doesn't radiate what a guy like Neuer does.

He hasn't earned anything to yell at his teammates? That's something you earn by doing it. Being the general in defense. Showing that you are present, and demanding your teammates's respect and trust. A shy goalkeeper has a serious disadvantage to a charismatic one.

would you please elaborate more on this? So he needs to learn how to yell at Pique and that will make him a better goalie? and in our team players don't respect each other unless you scream at them and ask for it? I'm sorry but just because you don't feel emotional attraction towards him, doesn't mean he is a bad player. I did not know that the payers on the pitch should be concerned radiating their charisma,it's a game and not some kind of male beauty pageant.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
would you please elaborate more on this? So he needs to learn how to yell at Pique and that will make him a better goalie? and in our team players don't respect each other unless you scream at them and ask for it? I'm sorry but just because you don't feel emotional attraction towards him, doesn't mean he is a bad player. I did not know that the payers on the pitch should be concerned radiating their charisma,it's a game and not some kind of male beauty pageant.

It's funny because he was always said to have charisma and leadership qualities in Germany. It seems like it's been shut down in Barca. Maybe because of the language barrier..or perhaps because of lack of confidence.

Chainsaw

Killahead
It's funny because he was always said to have charisma and leadership qualities in Germany. It seems like it's been shut down in Barca. Maybe because of the language barrier..or perhaps because of lack of confidence.

It's a bit of both I believe. He seem a bit disconnected from the rest of the team. Not that I didn't expected that. Hopefully the time resolve this.

Home of Barca Fans