1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Observer

Banned
TS is a great keeper but lacks what every experienced GK in their 30's has.

This is not gonna change over day, and you can't buy the "it" factor that Curtois or DG have. Even then both of them had great GK mentors in their squad that helped them grow.

If Barca management wanted to nurture his development, there's a lot of things that could have done better from an administrative & motivational standpoint. TS is not a proven GK, having the number 1 jersey does not inmediately gives you command of the defensive line, there's the language barrier, high expectations from fanbase, Barca level demands, media spreading bs worldwide, tough competion against a veteran GK.

I hope this doesnt end up in bad bet.

Darko

He's the best fit for us we could have got, arguably the best distirbution in the world for a GK, a sweeper keeper necessary for our high line and just a great keeper all round. Wouldn't swap him for De Gea or Courtois or whoever is thought to be without a mistake on this forum (although, like Ter Stegen, both have had amazing saves and rookie blunders).

Faceless

No more faces at night
I swear Barca fans put so much pressure and criticism on the goalkeeper. Don't tell me you guys forgotten about giving shit to Valdes in the past. Yes MAtS screwed up but that doesn't write off his career in Barca. Grow up guys.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I swear Barca fans put so much pressure and criticism on the goalkeeper. Don't tell me you guys forgotten about giving shit to Valdes in the past. Yes MAtS screwed up but that doesn't write off his career in Barca. Grow up guys.

Dude it's a forum. What MatS gonna hear our moaning from here and decide not to be a pro GK anymore?

Barcilliant

Every keeper goes through a phase like this.
Are people forgetting his magnificent Bayern performance?
At the moment Bravo is the more solid keeper but Ter Stegen has alot more talent.
He should continue to start in the cups.
It's not his fault the defence is useless.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Ter Stegen: "I don't know if I will play the Liga, it's up to the coach to decide, but I'll give everything in training to make it happen."

Ter Stegen you fool, you need to give everything during games aswell not only in training.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ter Stegen: "I don't know if I will play the Liga, it's up to the coach to decide, but I'll give everything in training to make it happen."

Ter Stegen you fool, you need to give everything during games aswell not only in training.

I doubt he underperforms.

Neymessi

Bravo > TS, at this moment. But none of them are nearly as good as Curtosis or De gea. But agree on the part that they are better fit.

Nope bravo is on par with both of them.Bravo doesn't get too save much in barca and hence that thinking of most people.

actually putting Bravo in the return leg against Athletic tells a clear story of who lucho trusts more.

no, that was decided in advance as Bravo had gotten back a week before while mats did the full pre-season.
Lucho is bored with the constant questioning about the keepers is all.

EdmondDantes

I know Marc is itching to play all games but I'd say Bravo is the better keeper at the moment, and given our shaky form I would rather go for the safer option.

raskolnikov

Ter Stegen needs to shut up about being annoyed to be benched though. As far as im concerned Bravo is better than him and he be the one playing the cl as well.
there is no reason to change the current structure, especially with his recent performances in mind.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I'm just happy that we have two great goalkeepers.

And a player needs to be annoyed when he's benched, otherwise the whole concept of this sport is turned around.

Home of Barca Fans