1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

mssarm

It's funny because he was always said to have charisma and leadership qualities in Germany. It seems like it's been shut down in Barca. Maybe because of the language barrier..or perhaps because of lack of confidence.

or maybe you don't scream at teammates who won every piece of silverware. maybe Lucho like many other coaches forbids calling out each others mistake because that's not professional. Messi almost never shouts or screams at his teammates and he has every right to do so.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
or maybe you don't scream at teammates who won every piece of silverware. maybe Lucho like many other coaches forbids calling out each others mistake because that's not professional. Messi almost never shouts or screams at his teammates and he has every right to do so.

I don't get the screaming part, but for what it's worth, he has been visibly angry at the defence and shouted at them to focus plenty of times during his time here.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
A goalkeeper needs to command the defensive line. He's the one who can see it best. The best goalkeepers command their team from the back.

Qqqq

would you please elaborate more on this? So he needs to learn how to yell at Pique and that will make him a better goalie?

Really? Like, really? As someone else noted; a great keeper needs to take command of his defensive line. It is what every legendary keeper in history has found himself able to do, and what every future great keeper will continue to do.

and in our team players don't respect each other unless you scream at them and ask for it? I'm sorry but just because you don't feel emotional attraction towards him, doesn't mean he is a bad player.

I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone has called him a bad player. It's pretty obvious that he's one of the most talented keepers out there. No one is arguing that.

I did not know that the payers on the pitch should be concerned radiating their charisma,it's a game and not some kind of male beauty pageant.

Yeah, 'cause that what charisma is all about - winning male beauty pageants. Yeah.

Oh, and please, don't shove your own perception of other users's post in everyone's face by twisting it and then be trying to pass it off as what your counterpart actually wrote. It's so uncharming and really not worth anyone's time.

And by the way, if you're gonna use quotes (as you do in the post just above this), at least do it right so the thing actually makes sense. Don't just use fractions by smacking them together, son.

Cheers.

mssarm

Really? Like, really? As someone else noted; a great keeper needs to take command of his defensive line. It is what every legendary keeper in history has found himself able to do, and what every future great keeper will continue to do.

I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone has called him a bad player. It's pretty obvious that he's one of the most talented keepers out there. No one is arguing that.

Yeah, 'cause that what charisma is all about - winning male beauty pageants. Yeah.

Oh, and please, don't shove your own perception of other users's post in everyone's face by twisting it and then be trying to pass it off as what your counterpart actually wrote. It's so uncharming and really not worth anyone's time.

And by the way, if you're gonna use quotes (as you do in the post just above this), at least do it right so the thing actually makes sense. Don't just use fractions by smacking them together, son.

Cheers.

Save the lecture please... You are the one who posted "demanding your teammates's respect and trust". He is professional athlete not gangster. You earn your teammates respect not demand it.

Qqqq

Save the lecture please... You are the one who posted "demanding your teammates's respect and trust". He is professional athlete not gangster. You earn your teammates respect not demand it.

Well, it seems like you need it.

And nope, a goalkeeper earns it by demanding it - performance and presence-wise. That's what separates the great from the good. And no, proper conclusions can't be drawn by using outfield players as examples. The sheer amount of exposure a keeper suffers under separates him from any other position on the field. It takes something different.

Great gangster reference by the way. Good boy.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Guys come on, bravo lost us the sevilla points, when we needed them the most.
Mats on the other hand saved us from bayern, he's a much better keeper.

You are joking right? Why are you cherry picking games to suit your argument. Do you not remember all the amazing saves Bravo had? Or the blunders Ter Stegen made in the copa del rey etc.

If Lucho has balls he will loan Ter Stegen as soon as possible and make Bravo number 1 in all competitions. Ter Stegen can then get regular playing time and return a much better keeper, most importantly a more mature keeper.

footyfan

Calma, calma
MAtS should play all the games in La Liga. There is almost no chance Barca is winning the title anyway, atleast he can get high-level experience without the pressure.

Barca_070

lmao the opinions on him changed 180 degrees, remember the comments after the Bayern game

MatS still is a very good goalkeeper, if you want a goalkeeper who makes no mistakes, you can stop searching, because it doesnt and will never exist.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Bravo should get the CL this season, he deserves it. Believe me we have better chance of winning with him. Until knockout rounds mats can start but if he doesn't perform then make him spanish cup starter. Our defense doesn't seem to be that strong this season and we will face lot of shots and i wouldn't want barca to lose the title on a silly mistake. CL is too much pressure for him, if we crash out of tournament because of him he will be devastated. Last season it worked well but not so sure about this season. It is a tricky situation who to start now, how about reversing the roles maybe?

Home of Barca Fans