1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

zanela

Bravo's injury couldn't have come at a worse time for MAtS. Not only is he already under huge pressure following his prev. outing, he hasn't played in one month and is now set to make his Liga debut in the Calderón against Simeone's upgraded firepower (third best in Liga), after an Intl break. A high probability of conceding but also losing the match, given the quality of the opponent and the circumstances. No doubt, he shall be the scapegoat, and science kid will be here to tell us how MAtS is the biggest fraud to walk planet earth. This is soooooooo predictable, I can already see it transpire days in advance and from across the seas.
You can all bookmark this post. :coffee:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Bravo's injury couldn't have come at a worse time for MAtS. Not only is he already under huge pressure following his prev. outing, he hasn't played in one month and is now set to make his Liga debut in the Calderón against Simeone's upgraded firepower (third best in Liga), after an Intl break. A high probability of conceding but also losing the match, given the quality of the opponent and the circumstances. No doubt, he shall be the scapegoat, and science kid will be here to tell us how MAtS is the biggest fraud to walk planet earth. This is soooooooo predictable, I can already see it transpire days in advance and from across the seas.
You can all bookmark this post. :coffee:

+1. He's gonna suck so bad.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
mats performed well in champions league despite not playing league matches, he will probably be fine.

he's a great keeper, the thing is bravo is more consistent because of his experience, so is first choice for as long as he plays well.

serghei

I'd say it's a great shot for Ter Stegen to prove he's a great keeper. I trust him, and I hope he'll play it safe because overthinking is one of his biggest flaws. If he has a great game against Atletico, it will give him confidence. Besides, pressure never disappears by itself, you make it disappear by playing great and being strong mentally.

Last edited:

zanela

mats performed well in champions league despite not playing league matches, he will probably be fine.

he's a great keeper, the thing is bravo is more consistent because of his experience, so is first choice for as long as he plays well.

May I remind you what happened when MAtS started against PSG away in only his second fixture while not having played in a fortnight. Footballers are not miracle workers, a conducive platform, and consistency are pre-requisites going in to high-pressure games. He eventually did well in the latter stages, even if he didn't appear the most confident figure. La liga is completely new territory for him, and he's once again been put under the spotlight by being asked to perform in what will be his debut at the second toughest venue in the league.
It's all nice to be optimistic, but I'd rather keep my expectations realistic.

xXKonan

Ter Stegen is the favourite to become GER back-up goalkeeper, behind Bayern's Neuer. Other options: Zieler, Leno, Trapp, and Horn. [bild]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So many good German GKs and this fraud is the German NTs staff's most highly rated Goalie behind Neuer?!!!!!

:lucho2:

Rahj

are you serious? where has the hate for ter stegen come from all of a sudden?

edit: or does :lucho: mean irony?

Home of Barca Fans