1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Chainsaw

Killahead
I guess if MatS concede 10 more similar goals people still call it "once in a lifetime goal". He was lazy to react. I don't know what so hard to understand here. Unlucky?! Unlucky is when you do your best and still fail to save it. Tell me how hard MatS tried to save that shot and then claim how "unstoppable" that shot and how "unlucky" Mats was there!

Kuchi

The luck of poor Steven, if in Bilbao he was 100% to blame for exposing himself, last night was just a lightning strike. It's unfair to get heat for this, probably would have happened to the best of them

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

I guess if MatS concede 10 more similar goals people still call it "once in a lifetime goal". He was lazy to react. I don't know what so hard to understand here. Unlucky?! Unlucky is when you do your best and still fail to save it. Tell me how hard MatS tried to save that shot and then claim how "unstoppable" that shot and how "unlucky" Mats was there!

This. I'm finding it hard to believe people think this is just down to 'bad luck'. As good as any shot might be, no keeper should be beat from that distance unless his position or concentration is lacking

diDi7

Wow. First and foremost, great goal by Florenzi - perfect execution.

Secondly... :facepalm1:
As far as I can remember, football is a team sport. It's incredible how many people are calling Ter Stegen the sole reason that Barca didn't win. Scapegoat much? How about MSN create some more chances and executing them instead of messing up? You see, this goes both ways. Stop being a bunch of hypocrites. You have one of the most talented goalkeepers of this generation. If you don't want him, please know that many other top teams won't hesitate pursuing his talents. Patience goes a long way in the development of a world class talent.

Players make mistakes, but just because they do it doesn't mean they're bad. I'd advise removing the sand from your vagina if you're honestly distraught by the thought of having Ter Stegen be the future nr1 at your prestigious club.

Let's rather focus on the fact that it was an incredible shot and Ter Stegen made an error of judgement, one that I think would have been shared between numerous other top class goalkeepers.

Barcafan 2304

So you think it's the whole sides fault that twice in the matter of five weeks he has been caught out by this? You think it's just bad luck or there was nothing he could do about it? To get beat from the halfway line twice points to a error of judgement or concentration and as good as the shots might be, the goalkeeper has to be culpable to get beat from that range. That's not hypocrisy, that's the truth so wise up

diDi7

So you think it's the whole sides fault that twice in the matter of five weeks he has been caught out by this? You think it's just bad luck or there was nothing he could do about it? To get beat from the halfway line twice points to a error of judgement or concentration and as good as the shots might be, the goalkeeper has to be culpable to get beat from that range. That's not hypocrisy, that's the truth so wise up

Sure it's an error of judgement on his behalf alone, but that doesn't mean that just because the offensive end of the team can't penetrate the opposition's defence it gives fans the green light to start blaming Ter Stegen for THE RESULT OF A WHOLE FREAKING MATCH. That's what I meant.

You are free to call Ter Stegen on his mistakes, but a little bit of objectivity and perspective goes a long way.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Wow. First and foremost, great goal by Florenzi - perfect execution.

Secondly... :facepalm1:
As far as I can remember, football is a team sport. It's incredible how many people are calling Ter Stegen the sole reason that Barca didn't win. Scapegoat much? How about MSN create some more chances and executing them instead of messing up? You see, this goes both ways. Stop being a bunch of hypocrites. You have one of the most talented goalkeepers of this generation. If you don't want him, please know that many other top teams won't hesitate pursuing his talents. Patience goes a long way in the development of a world class talent.

Players make mistakes, but just because they do it doesn't mean they're bad. I'd advise removing the sand from your vagina if you're honestly distraught by the thought of having Ter Stegen be the future nr1 at your prestigious club.

Let's rather focus on the fact that it was an incredible shot and Ter Stegen made an error of judgement, one that I think would have been shared between numerous other top class goalkeepers.

Thank you captain obvious.

Barcafan 2304

Sure it's an error of judgement on his behalf alone, but that doesn't mean that just because the offensive end of the team can't penetrate the opposition's defence it gives fans the green light to start blaming Ter Stegen for THE RESULT OF A WHOLE FREAKING MATCH. That's what I meant.

You are free to call Ter Stegen on his mistakes, but a little bit of objectivity and perspective goes a long way.

As well as being able to critique a performance of any player without people trying hard to be uber fans pulling their face about it. It was a crucial error. We were 1-0 up at the time and had control of the match. It was costly

diDi7

Thank you captain obvious.

captain_obvious.jpg

diDi7

As well as being able to critique a performance of any player without people trying hard to be uber fans pulling their face about it. It was a crucial error. We were 1-0 up at the time and had control of the match. It was costly

Hopefully Ter Stegen learns and Bravo recovers in time.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't know what is it with a large portion of cyber fans. Every time someone criticize a player for a mistake, not matter how fair that criticism is there comes that portion showing up on their high horse lecturing people about obvious things to divert the criticisms from that player. Weird they still think criticizing means "hate" or we're trying to bury someone merely because we're pointing out his obvious mistake. "Unstoppable shot", "unlucky Stegen", what the fuck am I reading here?? That was a great goal but it was not unstoppable. Had Stegen wasn't so far from the goal line and once he saw the shot he wasn't so slow to react just standing there following the ball with his eyes that shot was very much stoppable. Now what should we do here? Call Stegen unlucky for conceding like that and blaming MSN for not creating 10 more scoring chances? Does that make us "objective"?!

I really don't get some people.

diDi7

I don't know what is it with a large portion of cyber fans. Every time someone criticize a player for a mistake, not matter how fair that criticism is there comes that portion showing up on their high horse lecturing people about obvious things to divert the criticisms from that player. Weird they still think criticizing means "hate" or we're trying to bury someone merely because we're pointing out his obvious mistake. "Unstoppable shot", "unlucky Stegen", what the fuck am I reading here?? That was a great goal but it was not unstoppable. Had Stegen wasn't so far from the goal line and once he saw the shot he wasn't so slow to react just standing there following the ball with his eyes that shot was very much stoppable. Now what should we do here? Call Stegen unlucky for conceding like that and blaming MSN for not creating 10 more scoring chances? Does that make us "objective"?!

I really don't get some people.

To be burdened with stopping an almost perfectly placed shot like that does make him rather unlucky. Although, being unlucky doesn't make you blame free. That I can agree on. I just don't agree with or see the credit in dismissing the result of the match as being down to Ter Stegen being incompetent. It's not like he conceded in the last minute of the match. With all of their reputation, I'd expect the forward line of Barca to try and pull back a respectable result when given that much time to recover from conceding a single goal against a team that isn't close to Barca man for man.

Home of Barca Fans