1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Perspective means in a matter of weeks the same keeper has been beaten by a rare goal

You have to give credit to Florenzi and San Jose for hitting once in a lifetime (for them) goals too though. I doubt Bravo could have done any better yesterday with Florenzi's shot.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Hallelujah common sense. I'm not debating it doesn't happen from time to time but they are rare and when it does happen, the keeper has to be culpable or have made a mistake in positioning or judgement. To have happened twice in such a small space of time is quite frankly awful

alright almighty tactical genius please enlighten us what you think the best position for MaTS should have been when Florenzi got the ball in his own half and our defense was near the halfway line? On his goal line?

When you are made fool once (Bilbao) that could be luck.
Twice in a month is just stupid.
Sorry, no excuses for the German. He singlehandedly cost us points tonight.

I'll assume you were under the influence while posting this. Either that or you have no perspective of how fast the ball was coming and dipping. MaTS would have to be superman to get even a hand on that ball. And all you keep in mind that this is a keeper that we won a CL and Copa with last season

You have to give credit to Florenzi and San Jose for hitting once in a lifetime (for them) goals too though. I doubt Bravo could have done any better yesterday with Florenzi's shot.

Please! We all know Bravo would have gone "You Shall Not PASS!!" on that shot and it would have stopped dead in the air

F

Flavia

Perspective means in a matter of weeks the same keeper has been beaten by a rare goal

It's odd. But this is a goal that rarely happens, the amount of failed attempts is way higher. In bilbao he wasn't under pressure, and that header was unnecessary. Nothing he could do yesterday, unless he was standing in the goal line. And that's not how a Barça gk's play. I remember some players trying that against Valdes, but they always went wide.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Honestly, TS wasn't even that far off of his line. The shot had a wicked dip too, TS probably thought it was going out. And even then, if he had tried to save it, TS could have gotten injured and then we'd be stuck with Masip.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I did though...Doesn't diminish the fact that our young keeper has fallen victim to it twice in a short time frame - incomprehensible misfortune or failure to read the situation properly?

I don't concur with Bojan singling him out for the 3 pts but he is culpable for leaving himself open to what was admittedly a wonder strike

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Funny people think at this level the players can't score from that distance. Go to youtube and you will see hundreds of similar goals.

ONCE IN A LIFE TIME!!! lel

Egert

Estonian Culé
He's fine. He will grow from it, I wouldn't call it his fault. That shot was having a nice curl and even I tought it was going out, can't feel why MaTS was thinking otherwise and as KingMessi said, trying to save that shot would have been crap idea. Imagine us having Masip as our only GK now... I would call it a problem if he would have been like at the half-way line or something but he was just standing on the edge of the box, that shot just got lucky and MaTS is having really bad luck this season, who knows why. But everything happens for a reason but we definately should trust him more but let's be honest, right now we all feel safer with Bravo in goal. Maybe it is all this "sweeping" MaTS does but I feel a little less safer with him in goal but I trust him completely.

F

Flavia

Funny people think at this level the players can't score from that distance. Go to youtube and you will see hundreds of similar goals.

How many players have score more than one of those? You think Florenzi will do it again? Not only from the midfield, but also by the side line. I never had seen one of those before.

Messi has tried that quite a few times, never scored one.

Behrox

Scoring from distance has nothing to do with "this level". When you are under pressure in a real match, you'd think a hundred times before attempting something like that and even then you'd need to be able to cope with the pressure of the opposition. Any tom, dick and harry can do stuff like this in training but in matches its a whole other level in terms of pressure and stress. As far as this being called once in a lifetime, its true unless you can give me names of 10 players who were able to do this even 10 times throughout their careers.

Chainsaw

Killahead
How many players have score more than one of those? You think Florenzi will do it again? Not only from the midfield, but also by the side line. I never had seen one of those before.

Messi has tried that quite a few times, never scored one.

I'm not sure I can find the stats for it but it's not as rare as people keep saying here like a broken record. Even much weaker players have tried these type of shots and scored. The reason why we don't see it much is mostly because they don't find the right opportunity to do it, which is finding the GKs far away from the goal line.

Unfortunately the Barca GKs are giving a new plan for the oppositions to try their luck from now on.

Behrox

I'm not sure I can find the stats for it but it's not as rare as people keep saying here like a broken record. Even much weaker players have tried these type of shots and scored. The reason why we don't see it much is mostly because they don't find the right opportunity to do it, which is finding the GKs far away from the goal line.

Unfortunately the Barca GKs are giving a new plan for the oppositions to try their luck from now on.

He wasn't far away from the goal line. He was standing near the 6 yard area. Either you didn't bother to see any replay or you have a very bad perception of distance. If a Barca keeper stayed glued to the goalline when the ball is near the center circle, our high line would probably be massacred, hell even GKs of other teams don't stay anywhere near the goal line in such a situation because there was HALF a football field (50-60 fucking meters) between the shooter and the goal.

Besides this, if you saw a replay, you'd see that this was not a normally attempted high trajectory long shot instead it was a low trajectory curling shot.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Weaker players scoring those just show how much luck in involved.
Who would seriously expect an accurate shot from there?

CPElv8XUwAAP293.jpg

CPElv8XUYAAiwxW.jpg

Ball even looked like going out for a bit.

Mats sometimes likes to stay away from the box, but he wasn't this time. He surely needs experience, but he was standing where all our gk's stand during games, as a sweeper keeper.
It was a wonder goal. People are blaming him because of the one vs athletic. He was at fault there, but not this time. Now, this is something else for Unzue to take care. How to be a sweeper gk and still not be vulnerable to those shots.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He wasn't far away from the goal line. He was standing near the 6 yard area. Either you didn't bother to see any replay or you have a very bad perception of distance. If a Barca keeper stayed glued to the goalline when the ball is near the center circle, our high line would probably be massacred, hell even GKs of other teams don't stay anywhere near the goal line in such a situation because there was HALF a football field (50-60 fucking meters) between the shooter and the goal.

Besides this, if you saw a replay, you'd see that this was not a normally attempted high trajectory long shot instead it was a low trajectory curling shot.

Would you please care to share the replay you saw where he was standing near the 6 yard area (as you say)? Because any replay I saw show MatS after the ball is half way toward the goal. Find the moment before Florenzi is trying his shot and where MatS is standing at that time and then maybe I can buy what you're saying.

Home of Barca Fans