1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Horatio

You're welcome
^
But that's the problem. Because the gap between Barca and Roma is obvious to the Roma players as well they are afraid to play football and will lock up everything in the back and attempt anything from the counter.

Barcelona plays their best games against teams that are insignificantly weaker than them. Not significantly, because then teams will just park the bus.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Surely not because MAtS was way out of his position.
Florenzi thought it was a right moment to try out his new shoes, shooting from the half, I presume

You think any player is dumb enough to try that shot if the GK wasn't far from the goal? This is the 3rd time it is happening in such a short time and it should be a warning to both Stegen and Bravo for being on alert when a similar situation is happening again. We cannot keep conceding like this.

diDi7

Why a player try a shot from that distance?

Personally, I would not know. I think he saw Barca playing the high line and Ter Stegen was, naturally, further in field and thus off his line. The defenders didn't apply sufficient pressure and thus Florenzi felt balanced enough to weigh a shot to goal.

I can understand the frustration of Barca fans, but I'd advise giving Ter Stegen more time and reflect upon the way he plays that compliments the coach's tactics. It's not unusual to see a keeper, under a team playing a high defensive line, off his line. Shit happens. Do you think every shot from distance is going to be that good? What if the shot went just a bit more to the left? Would the people talk so much about Ter Stegen today? Yes, he made an error in his judgement of the flight of the ball. Many goalkeepers judge correctly and then there is no need to jump. Did you think the ball would go in? I don't think he was the only one surprised by the result of the shot.

Still, conceding one goal against the best opposition in the group, at their home, isn't too bad. I don't believe we can blame Ter Stegen for singlehandedly costing your team 2 points.

vinni

Im not the biggest fan of Stegen. Mostly because i rate Bravo higher and i find him a tad too cocky concidering his age. That said i wont blame him for yesterday. That strike was amazing! Pique said it pretty well. That a sweeper is essential when playing with a high defensive line. These kind of goals might happen then . Hopefully this all turns out to the best. Stegen confidence is probably quite low now which will make him play safer and we will concede less goals..

Anyway maybe half way into the first half there was a situation where Stegen headed that ball into midfield just like he did against Athletic. I never seen him run so fast back to goal! Funny stuff :D

Caramel

How is Ter Stegen even remotely cocky?
Anyways, the guy was unlucky that the shot was that good. He's still young and he needs more match rythm before we decide he's dog shit and all that.
Give the guy a break lol

El Flaco

Ter Stegen's conceded goal from Fernando Torres vs. Atlético de Madrid

[gfy]UnderstatedOddHyena[/gfy]

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Sorry tactical genius but again, once is unlucky, twice points to something amiss. If you don't understand that even as a so called 'keeper sweeper', to be beaten twice from that range is not on

Autumn

You guys defend his mistakes like they're rare.

People aren't complaining because of this one mistake, they're complaining because of a long pattern of mistakes.

He is an embarrassment. And if Bravo doesn't play the CL/La Liga when he returns, there is something deeply wrong with our GK management.

raedkuwait

I guess if MatS concede 10 more similar goals people still call it "once in a lifetime goal". He was lazy to react. I don't know what so hard to understand here. Unlucky?! Unlucky is when you do your best and still fail to save it. Tell me how hard MatS tried to save that shot and then claim how "unstoppable" that shot and how "unlucky" Mats was there!

this, u guys make sound ok for any opposite teams to shoot from the half line and they might score once or twice every 10 times, that is just not acceptable he didnt even try to run back and save that.

Barcafan 2304

this, u guys make sound ok for any opposite teams to shoot from the half line and they might score once or twice every 10 times, that is just not acceptable he didnt even try to run back and save that.

Hallelujah common sense. I'm not debating it doesn't happen from time to time but they are rare and when it does happen, the keeper has to be culpable or have made a mistake in positioning or judgement. To have happened twice in such a small space of time is quite frankly awful

God Serena

What I find odd is how every single neutral fan I speak to about that goal thinks it was a goal of the season nominee and that it was just a fucking beautiful strike, yet in here all I'm seeing is a downpour of hatred at the keeper for conceding it.

Have some perspective, people.

Home of Barca Fans