1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

gasgas

im usually critical of him, but i really dont think there was anything he could have done there. that shot was going in no matter what

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Whether Mats is at fault or not , isnt the point. I hate those kind of silly stats , just so that someone can back up his/her your arguments. Like the one Maxy just posted yesterday about Messi not scoring in the last 3 UCL games. Some people will probably use that tweet to make a case that Messi was bad the last 3 UCL games. But you know whats the worst of all about that stat ? The stat is actually wrong. Just probably some muppet who wanted to blame Mats so badly that he made up that stat.

Here are the last 5 goals in which Mats played:

Atlético Madrid 2:1 ---> A goal from torres which was inside the penalty area.
Bilbao 4-0 Barcelona
1) One was a penalty , so I dont know how that could've been outside the penalty area.
2) A beautiful header from Aduriz. Inside the Penalty box.
3) Long range shot from San Jose. This was the only one outside the penalty box.
4) A shot from Aduriz inside the Penalty area aswell.

So Mats conceded 1 of the last 5 goals for Barcelona from outside the penalty area.

Last edited:

God Serena

Ter Stegen conceded 5 of the last 6 goals Barcelona conceded from outside the penalty area.

Is this because he stays off of his line? Is every one of those an instance of him being lobbed from distance as a result of coming too far out of his area? I really don't see how such a stat is really relevant.

God Serena

Whether Mats is at fault or not , isnt the point. I hate those kind of silly stats , just to back up your arguments. Like the one Maxy just posted yesterday about Messi not scoring in the last 3 UCL games , which probably some people will take that tweet to make a case that Messi was bad the last 3 UCL games. But you know whats the worst of all about that stat ? The stat is actually wrong. Just probably some muppet who wanted to blame Mats so badly that he made up that stat.

Here are the last 5 goals in which Mats played:

Atlético Madrid 2:1 ---> A goal from torres which was inside the penalty area.
Bilbao 4-0 Barcelona
1) One was a penalty , so I dont know how that could've been outside the penalty area.
2) A beautiful header from Aduriz. Inside the Penalty box.
3) Long range shot from San Jose. This was the only one outside the penalty box.
4) A shot from Aduriz inside the Penalty area aswell.

So Mats conceded 1 of the last 5 goals for Barcelona from outside the penalty area.

They're talking about the last five goals we conceded from outside the box. The first of those could be back in November for all we know. It's a stat used almost entirely to support a negative narrative towards the player, especially when they'll use the seemingly random sample size of six, just so they can say "5 out of 6" instead of "4 out of 5" or "5 out of 10".

messi2140

6racies Xavi
They're talking about the last five goals we conceded from outside the box. The first of those could be back in November for all we know. It's a stat used almost entirely to support a negative narrative towards the player, especially when they'll use the seemingly random sample size of six, just so they can say "5 out of 6" instead of "4 out of 5" or "5 out of 10".

It's still a shit stat nonetheless.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah let's end this, this thread is lost anyway. A GK legend defended MatS so he's 'definitely' had no hand on the goal.

No one's gonna change their opinions anyway and a former GK legend + neutral fans are not blaming him. Surely that counts for something, atleast from where I stand.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
One of those 5 goals was a Mathieu own goal vs PSG too lol

And one was a beautiful free kick from Banega.

So 2 long shots , one from San Jose and one from Florenzi
One own goal from Mathieu
A freekick from Banega

Whats the fifth one ?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
1. Florenzi goal
2. Bilbao goal (the one mistake MAtS made)
3. Banega free kick
4. Müller's goal
5. Van der Wiel's goal

Those are the 5 goals scored from outside the box. What a stat.
What was the 6th goal btw? The one he did not concede.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
1. Florenzi goal
2. Bilbao goal (the one mistake MAtS made)
3. Banega free kick
4. Müller's goal
5. Van der Wiel's goal

Those are the 5 goals scored from outside the box. What a stat.
What was the 6th goal btw? The one he did not concede.

Banega's shot when we played Sevilla in La liga away. 2-2 was the end result.

Chainsaw

Killahead
No one's gonna change their opinions anyway and a former GK legend + neutral fans are not blaming him. Surely that counts for something, atleast from where I stand.

Neutral fans who don't blame Mats only exist in the world of his defenders. I have seen various reactions from neutral fans about that goal, and it's never as one sided as you and some other guys try to make it out to be.

When a former legend says something you don't use it only when it suits "your" argument. If at least the one who brought this wasn't biased toward MatS I could go on without using sarcasm about it but that's not the case.

Hey, another former legend called Marcelo Bielsa "the best coach in the world" once. Today another former legend called Neymar "better than Messi and Ronaldo". Some other day another former legend said "the quality of football now days is low that's why Messi and Ronaldo score lots of goals". Should we use all of these as references for any arguments we try to win and call anyone else who disagree with them out?

All these similar copy/paste stuff about "once in a lifetime effort", "unstoppable shot", "it was going in anyway (lel)", "he was near the six yard box" which wasn't backed up by any video or pic anyway, "nobody outside this forum blaming MatS" another made-up comment...none of these convinced me that I am wrong about blaming MatS for the goal. And honestly these type of arguments exhaust me. I keep trying to abandon this but people keep coming back and quote me, so I have to get back here again and answer.

F

Flavia

I posted a vine back one page or two, that gives a very good idea that he was around the penalty spot, @Razor. But there isn't one from the exact moment of the shot. and yet you're blaming him without even seeing proof of him being far away from the goal, you're just assuming that.

Even Bravo defending mats, now:
"Es un acierto de Florenzi. Nuestra forma de jugar nos obliga a asumir este tipo de riesgos. A veces jugar adelantado te permite cortar algunos balones pero también pueden convertirte goles como el que encajamos en Roma. Hay que estar siempre muy atento. El año pasado contra el Málaga, casi me marcan un gol así", recordó el portero chileno."

"The goal is all Florenzi. Our way of playing makes us take this kind of risks. Sometimes, playing like that allows you to get some ball, but also you can concede those like Roma's. One has to be really alert. Last year, against Malaga, I almost conceded one of those".

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/claudio-bravo-defiende-ter-stegen-fue-acierto-florenzi-4516786

Home of Barca Fans