1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Yesterday, I said that it was because of our tactic that Florenzi manage to score that goal and used the quote to show it was the case.

You said:

But in this case, even Lucho said MaTS should be the scapegoat of Florenzi's goal.

Which he clearly didn't. You made it sound like Lucho threw MAtS under the bus when he is actually taking the responsibility.

El Flaco

[MENTION=15002]Ini8[/MENTION]

I was referring to this below

But the goal from Florenzi was because of our tactic. And therefore, it was not a blunder from MaTS.

If you don't understand what kind of role a Barca-keeper has, then it's not wise to bash MaTS.

You don't believe Lucho wasn't talking about tactic when he said

Barca's goalkeeper has to play like that [high line] because I order it.?

Last edited:

El Flaco

Enrique said MAtS shouldn't be the scapegoat.

@Flaco

From that quote Lucho clearly takes the blame and says MAtS should be left alone!

Yes, Lucho said he would take the blame. But if you read the previous sentence, he also said Florenzi's goal was cause due to tactic and not a blunder (like the goal by San José), which is the whole point I'm arguing for.

F

Flavia

Yes, Lucho said he would take the blame. But if you read the previous sentence, he also said Florenzi's goal was cause due to tactic and not a blunder (like the goal by San José), which is the whole point I'm arguing for.

You posted
But in this case, even Lucho said MaTS should be the scapegoat of Florenzi's goal.

I think you forgot to add the "n't" to should there, which is causing this confusion.

F

Flavia

Nobody (or very few) is making him the scapegoat. And scapegoat for what? 1-1 at Roma is not a bad result. And we'll win the group anyway.

Nobody or very few? More than that are, here in this thread, blaming him. I read even he was the sole responsible for Barça not getting all 3 points.

serghei

Are we discussing whether his positioning was incorrect or his attempts to make a save were too futile? Was his mistake major or minor?

His attempt to make a save was almost non-existent. The ball travelled for about 4 to 5 seconds before it got in, and in that time, his movements were chaotic and not at all coordinated. He didn't even know were he was in relation to the goal. In short, he was cought cold, unprepared and not ready to make a save. That's his goal imho, because of that. He should be thankful that it happened at a good time, when things can be fixed without many troubles. If he did that in a CL semifinal for example, the reactions would have been ten times worse, and rightfully so.

That being said, he was excellent except for that unfortunate moment. He is young and has a bright future, but he does make mistakes. And one of the ways he could fix those mistakes is to realise them first, not act like he did nothing wrong and blame those things on bad luck. It's no coincidence that he received two goals from 50m in a month.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

His attempt to make a save was almost non-existent. The ball travelled for about 4 to 5 seconds befor it got in, and in that time, his movements were chaotic and not at all coordinated. He didn't even know were he was in relation to the goal. In short, he was cought cold, unprepared and not ready to make a save. That's his goal imho, because of that. He should be thankful that it happened at a good time, when things can be fixed without many troubles. If he did that in a CL semifinal for example, the reactions would have been ten times worse, and rightfully so.

That being said, he was excellent except for that unfortunate moment. He is young and has a bright future, but he does make mistakes. And one of the ways he could fix those mistakes is to realise them first, not act like he did nothing wrong and blame those things on bad luck. It's no coincidence that he received two goals from 50m in a month.

The ball barely traveled for 3 seconds :lol: That really wasn't nothing he could do. Barça gk's do not stay in the goal line. No gk do it these days, but ours play further up the pitch. I really don't get how can anyone say the goal was mats's fault.

serghei

The ball barely traveled for 3 seconds :lol: That really wasn't nothing he could do. Barça players do not stay in the goal line. No gk do it these days, but ours play further up the pitch. I really don't get how can anyone say the goal was mats's fault.

I don't care how further up the pitch they play. You receive a goal from 50m it's your fault. A keeper can't receive a goal from that distance and not be his fault. And don't play the Barca keeper card. I can't remember the last time this happened to someone else other than Stegen. This is Stegen's issue, not Barca keepers' issue in general. 2 50m goals in one month? Come on, it's cleary YOUR problem.

F

Flavia

I don't care how further up the pitch they play. You receive a goal from 50m it's your fault. A keeper can't receive a goal from that distance and not be his fault. And don't play the Barca keeper card. I can't remember the last time this happened to someone else other than Stegen. This is Stegen's issue, not Barca keeper's issue in general.

Almost happened to Bravo the other day. He got lucky the finishing from the malaga player was bad. This is an issue our gk's face. If by any chance mats was on the goal line, and florenzi's played a through ball that connected to a roma player, that ended up in a 1-1 and a goal, he'd be blamed for not going to sweep it. "why was he glued to goal line?", "what was he thinking that he didn't intercepted the ball", "he was too slow to react to that", would be said here.

1st time I saw a shot from there, but somehow he should had anticipated that. This reasoning makes no sense to me.

serghei

That's a reasonable basis for any discussion, really. Once a MAtS hater, always a MAtS hater.

Find me saying that a keeper who receives a goal from 50m is not responsible, and then you could say I'm a MAtS hater. It just happens that Stegen has received a goal that in my book is ALWAYS on the keeper. I have faith that you can see the difference.

And I'm trying very hard to be polite here.

Last edited:

serghei

Almost happened to Bravo the other day. He got lucky the finishing from the malaga player was bad. This is an issue our gk's face. If by any chance mats was on the goal line, and florenzi's played a through ball that connected to a roma player, that ended up in a 1-1 and a goal, he'd be blamed for not going to sweep it. "why was he glued to goal line?", "what was he thinking that he didn't intercepted the ball", "he was too slow to react to that", would be said here.

1st time I saw a shot from there, but somehow he should had anticipated that. This reasoning makes no sense to me.

Bravo's situation is very very different. A keeper is not supposed to expect danger when a team mate (not to mention someone like Busquets) has the ball and is not under any pressure. It's almost as if Busquets took that shot towards Bravo's goal.

Home of Barca Fans