1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Neymessi

I posted a vine back one page or two, that gives a very good idea that he was around the penalty spot, @Razor. But there isn't one from the exact moment of the shot. and yet you're blaming him without even seeing proof of him being far away from the goal, you're just assuming that.

Even Bravo defending mats, now:
"Es un acierto de Florenzi. Nuestra forma de jugar nos obliga a asumir este tipo de riesgos. A veces jugar adelantado te permite cortar algunos balones pero también pueden convertirte goles como el que encajamos en Roma. Hay que estar siempre muy atento. El año pasado contra el Málaga, casi me marcan un gol así", recordó el portero chileno."

"The goal is all Florenzi. Our way of playing makes us take this kind of risks. Sometimes, playing like that allows you to get some ball, but also you can concede those like Roma's. One has to be really alert. Last year, against Malaga, I almost conceded one of those".

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/claudio-bravo-defiende-ter-stegen-fue-acierto-florenzi-4516786

Did he mean last year or last game?Wasn't he almost beaten just 2 games back against malaga from a long range effort?Or was it bilbao.

valonquar

His starting position was fine but he was sleeping and could have saved if he didn't just waddle about.

I think it was harder to save than it looked:

[vine]https://vine.co/v/eUeH1dFEVmP[/vine]
[vine]https://vine.co/v/eUXXi7jpxTF[/vine]

Plus trying to save that one is really risking an injury, I'd rather we draw this game than having to rely on Masip

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I posted a vine back one page or two, that gives a very good idea that he was around the penalty spot, @Razor. But there isn't one from the exact moment of the shot. and yet you're blaming him without even seeing proof of him being far away from the goal, you're just assuming that.

Even Bravo defending mats, now:
"Es un acierto de Florenzi. Nuestra forma de jugar nos obliga a asumir este tipo de riesgos. A veces jugar adelantado te permite cortar algunos balones pero también pueden convertirte goles como el que encajamos en Roma. Hay que estar siempre muy atento. El año pasado contra el Málaga, casi me marcan un gol así", recordó el portero chileno."

"The goal is all Florenzi. Our way of playing makes us take this kind of risks. Sometimes, playing like that allows you to get some ball, but also you can concede those like Roma's. One has to be really alert. Last year, against Malaga, I almost conceded one of those".

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/claudio-bravo-defiende-ter-stegen-fue-acierto-florenzi-4516786

My assumption is base on that these kind of shots are taken when the attacking player sees the GK is out of position, and I believe that as long as a video or pic proves otherwise. Not after the shot is taken ofc but the moment before it was taken.

Anyhow, I don't like to continue this any longer. I believe MatS was at fault with that slow reaction of his and I hope he will do better next time. Let's move on. ;)

serghei

Stop this nonsense already.It was a great goal and by no means a blunder from him.Period.

Is it nonsense to say the keeper has a fault when he lets one in from 50m. :lol: He was sleeping and he didn't have a reaction. The only way you can receive a goal from 50m is if you make a mistake. You can have the best shot ever from 50m, folha seca, you name it, but the only way to score from there is to catch the keeper off guard.

Ter Stegen never thought about the possibility of Florenzi trying a shot from there, so, of course, he wasn't prepared to deal with it. He should have been more careful, especially after the goal he took on San Mames. He's like the guy who arrives late at work. One time can happen, two times, well, the guy's young, let's give him a break. Third time you're out.

Last edited:

diDi7

Can't believe this is still going on.

If we can't agree to disagree, we should be able to have a thorough discussion. How about that? Personally, I see valid points from both sides of the MAtS spectrum, so can't we perhaps agree that he made an error of judgement, but the shot was also a spectacular one? Neuer is also out of his box a lot of the time, yet he doesn't anticipate shots such as those happening. Honestly, shouldn't the defence have closed down the player better? Isn't a high line supposed to be one with a defence that pressures the shit out of attackers? That's how I've perceived it. If I'm missing something, please do educate me, as this is the only way people can become enlightened.

serghei

Can't believe this is still going on.

If we can't agree to disagree, we should be able to have a thorough discussion. How about that? Personally, I see valid points from both sides of the MAtS spectrum, so can't we perhaps agree that he made an error of judgement, but the shot was also a spectacular one? Neuer is also out of his box a lot of the time, yet he doesn't anticipate shots such as those happening. Honestly, shouldn't the defence have closed down the player better? Isn't a high line supposed to be one with a defence that pressures the shit out of attackers? That's how I've perceived it. If I'm missing something, please do educate me, as this is the only way people can become enlightened.

Of course the shot was spectacular, and it was a great goal. But a keeper has total control over a shot that comes from 50m. Just like in a penalty, the striker has total control, in the sense that, if it is taken in the roof of the net (just an example), no keeper can do anything about it, in this case, the keeper has total control over a shot that comes from the halfway line. If he receives a goal from there it means that he lost the control because he did something wrong.

raedkuwait

i only wonder for all of u who said Mats didnt fuck, i wonder if it was bravo who let in that goal , i bet all of u would say bravo fucked up

Sent from my D5803 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

F

Flavia

i only wonder for all of u who said Mats didnt fuck, i wonder if it was bravo who let in that goal , i bet all of u would say bravo fucked up

Sent from my D5803 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Yes, I would ask for Bravo's head on a spike, so I could parade saying "shame, shame, shame" ding, ding.

I

instinct

Yes, I would ask for Bravo's head on a spike, so I could parade saying "shame, shame, shame" ding, ding.

tumblr_m5l1zlEa0m1qd0q92o19_r1_250.gif

El Flaco

Ter Stegen's conceded goal from Florenzi vs. AS Roma

[gfy]ScentedLightheartedAddax[/gfy]

Last edited:

diDi7

Of course the shot was spectacular, and it was a great goal. But a keeper has total control over a shot that comes from 50m. Just like in a penalty, the striker has total control, in the sense that, if it is taken in the roof of the net (just an example), no keeper can do anything about it, in this case, the keeper has total control over a shot that comes from the halfway line. If he receives a goal from there it means that he lost the control because he did something wrong.

Your comparison makes it seem that Ter Stegen was where he would stand if it were a penalty, which wasn't the case. He had to backtrack (also consider the fact that it must have been rather surprising to see a shot out of that circumstance) and decide whether to jump for a shot that seemed to soar over. Again, if his positioning was incorrect, I'd tell you to consider that goalkeepers following a high line of defence can't simply stay in their box as they can be easily ousted by counter attacks.

Are we discussing whether his positioning was incorrect or his attempts to make a save were too futile? Was his mistake major or minor? I think people are overreacting, because if you look at the circumstantial disadvantages MAtS had when this happened, I don't think it's fair to say he was 100% at fault as if he is a horrible goalkeeper and did it on purpose.

Home of Barca Fans