1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Neymessi

Is it nonsense to say the keeper has a fault when he lets one in from 50m. :lol: He was sleeping and he didn't have a reaction. The only way you can receive a goal from 50m is if you make a mistake. You can have the best shot ever from 50m, folha seca, you name it, but the only way to score from there is to catch the keeper off guard.

Ter Stegen never thought about the possibility of Florenzi trying a shot from there, so, of course, he wasn't prepared to deal with it. He should have been more careful, especially after the goal he took on San Mames. He's like the guy who arrives late at work. One time can happen, two times, well, the guy's young, let's give him a break. Third time you're out.

How often do you see a shot being shot from 50m and how often is that shot if on target not convert into goal?Long range shots are rarely attempted and if on target are incredibly hard to save.In the first few seconds its difficult to understand the trajectory and if reacted early could lead to misjudgment.Like rooney's long range goal in which the keeper reacted earlier just to run behind and find the trajectory changed in the air.From a shot from the sideline the trajectory is even more complicated.He spent the first few seconds understanding the shot and then it was too late.He was at fault for standing a little higher than he needed to but as mentioned before bravo was there too and enrique has said himself that he tells GKs to do that.He could have gone 100% and even then he could not have saved it but that is his only mistake.And as I said it was not a blunder considering what he did wrong and one cannot say bravo would have saved it for sure and that bravo won't be standing so high and if you ask me bravo would not have saved that.His mistake in san mames wasn't that bad too.He was in the same situation as joe hart in that ibra amazing bicycle kick goal.Bravo has every right to start over him but mats is being bashed more than he should.His confidence would be really low right now.:(

Last edited:

serghei

How often do you see a shot being shot from 50m and how often is that shot if on target not convert into goal?Long range shots are rarely attempted and if on target are incredibly hard to save.In the first few seconds its difficult to understand the trajectory and if reacted early could lead to misjudgment.Like rooney's long range goal in which the keeper reacted earlier just to run behind and find the trajectory changed in the air.From a shot from the sideline the trajectory is even more complicated.He spent the first few seconds understanding the shot and then it was too late.He was at fault for standing a little higher than he needed to but as mentioned before bravo was there too and enrique has said himself that he tells GKs to do that.He could have gone 100% and even then he could not have saved it but that is his only mistake.And as I said it was not a blunder considering what he did wrong and one cannot say bravo would have saved it for sure and that bravo won't be standing so high and if you ask me bravo would not have saved that.His mistake in san mames wasn't that bad too.He was in the same situation as joe hart in that ibra amazing bicycle kick goal.Bravo has every right to start over him but mats is being bashed more than he should.His confidence would be really low right now.:(

1. Blunder is too harsh of a term. I've used the terms error and mistake.

2. His error against Bilbao was bigger than Hart's vs Sweden. If you look at the picture Ibrahimovic is attacking that ball, so, him comming out, as wrong as it was, has some reason behind it. Stegen going out vs Bilbao is a stupid move with no actual reason behind it. There is no one attacking him. The closest opponents to him is 15m away and don't even show the intention of comming for that ball. It's a dead ball he turned into a goal for Bilbao. I'd say that was a blunder.

ter_stegen.jpg

hart.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
http://www.sport-english.com/en/noticias/barca/lucho-ter-stegen-would-only-affect-criticism-4521423

Lucho: Ter Stegen would only be affect by my criticism

He spoke about Marc-Andre ter Stegen's confidence and said the goalkeeper only only be affected if he criticed him, which he was not going to do.

After the long range strike he conceded against Roma, the stopper has been made a target by some critics.

But Lucho said: "I see Ter Stegen very calm, very good. He would only be affected by criticism from the coach - but it doesn't exist. Now we are grown-ups and we know how this circus functions."

Ubermensch

Hello everyone, my first post here.

Regarding the goal conceded to Roma, I want to say the point is not Ter Stegen made a mistake or not. Everyone makes mistakes. A football match is not won or lost by a single player. He's not solely blamed for the 2 points dropped.

The thing concerns me is rather if he tried hard enough to save it. He should sprint back and, no matter how far away his position from the shot, try to stretch his body to reach it. That's the way I expect a professional goalkeeper to do. Try to save every shot potentially threatening the goal.

That said, I really don't like a keeper doesn't react to a shot on goal at all. A keeper may have his own judgement: The shot is too good. I won't reach it anyway. So I am just standing still to watch the ball crossing the goal line. No, no way. No matter how great the shot is, how slow the time you react, how you think the shot will 100% goes in, I demand you to make the save even it looks like you are well beaten by the shot, which of course doesn't look cool for a keeper. But this is exactly what a keeper should do because it's the only way by which others could judge a keeper that he actually tried.

In Ter Stegen's case, clearly he didn't. His initial position may be off. His judgement may be wrong. All doesn't matter. He should try to make the save. The ball might just go in anyway, but at least, Marc, I know you tried your best.

frog-fcb

I dunno, Since his 5 goals mauling of Portugal while playing for Germany U-21s, he has been fucking awful.

Id say its just a confidence thing from.lifting cl to the portugal drubbing is a pretty big gunk then with the few mistakes this season on top of it but hel come gd again

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When he comes out to collect crosses he should be 100% confident and just go for it instead of being unsure.

Home of Barca Fans