1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
ter Stegen makes errors - wow he's damn overrated, can't you see it?
ter Stegen makes unbelievable saves - too many errors, overrated, hyped etc...
logic

ter Stegen makes errors-happens to everyone
ter Stegen makes unbelievable saves-amazing, world class, clearly set in stone he'll be the best
your logic

Musli

If anybody finds a gif of Kroos's shot saved by ter Stegen, please post it here.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Or maybe they have a different opinion than you? There's a difference between making a mistake every once and a while and making them often enough that people categorize you as mistake prone. I mean Casillas, Buffon, those are the types of goalkeepers who make mistakes every once in a while, but they're world class regardless. Goalies like Reina, Valdes, and so far Ter Stegen are the kind who although make great saves, are still known for their mistakes.

I won't mind getting the next Buffon ,thing is so far there is no next Buffon
Ter Stegan is good option for us ,I would still take Akinfeev over him specially considering the price(free agent next summer) but I support Ter Stegan coming here too

lovebarca

doubtful we would go for reina because otherwise we would have signed him this year only....
he was ready with his bag pack to come here but we didnt approach...
may be we have another GK in mind....
most importantly cant predict our board still so we may sign him next year because he is catalan....

Trickykid

doubtful we would go for reina because otherwise we would have signed him this year only....
he was ready with his bag pack to come here but we didnt approach...
may be we have another GK in mind....
most importantly cant predict our board still so we may sign him next year because he is catalan....

The only reason Reina didn't come, was because VV decided to see out his contract before leaving us. Reina will come next season. We'll need a second goalie, though, as Pinto's contract also expires, and I'd honestly be surprised if there's not already some sort of deal for Ter Stegen in the works. Both Reina and the German coming for the 14/15 season would make a whole lot of sense imo.

SamperFCB

I heard he was at fault for the first two goals.
Spot on. Horrible clearance at the first goal and a poor first touch at the second goal.

Wondering why nobody talks about these two points. He cost BMG two goals and a 2-0 score. It has to be said that he recovered quickly and played a fantastic last hour. Still amazed by the fact that nobody mentiones those two errors.

raskolnikov

Reina, why, whyyyyyy? :(

Cause he is Catalan and 'knows the club', why else? its compeletely unlogical for a big club like Barca to sign a keeper like him, he would be fine as a second keeper but from the looks of thinsg he would have been our first goalkeeper this season had Valdes left and will be our first keeper next year.

Meitux

Spot on. Horrible clearance at the first goal and a poor first touch at the second goal.

Wondering why nobody talks about these two points. He cost BMG two goals and a 2-0 score. It has to be said that he recovered quickly and played a fantastic last hour. Still amazed by the fact that nobody mentiones those two errors.
First goal yes he gave away the ball but couldn't do much after,he came out of his line but Robben was already there. Second the ball just bounced straight in front of him. Im not saying that as an excuse but the goals weren't tottaly his fault..

LM10

He didn't have a chance against the first goal. If he didn't attack the ball robben would of controlled it and had an easy opportunity regardless. Second goal was a poor clearance though

DennyCrane

I tend to agree, although these two goals were also down to silly defending. The only thing one truly can hold against ter Stegen is his footwork, how he opens the match. Last year, half of the balls he played went out and that is probably a killer criterion for a Barca keeper.
On that note, Germany has an abundance of ridiculously good keepers, Baumann, Giefer, Trapp, Ulreich or especially Rene Adler, just to name a few.

Home of Barca Fans