16 - Fermín López

FinBarcelonafan

This is a HUGE problem we have.
Where does Fermin play in a 4231 set up?
Will a big club come and pay big bucks for him?
Should we sell Pedri or Gundo?
Will Fermin be a starter or bench player?
This season is going to be real interesting because competition for starter spots is going to be intense.
Personally unless a 75 million offer comes in I'm not selling Fermin. We need a goal scoring midfielder and he fits the bill. He always arrives in the box at the right time and has an x factor.
I'm sure he will suit Flicks style of football.

I wouldn't call it a problem. Gundo needs to play less minutes this season, Pedri is still out, Gavi is still out and Frenkie.. Gavi and Frenkie who knows what shape they come back. So many question marks. Fermin will get plenty of minutes when he comes back.

FinBarcelonafan

I love it. He can bring Barca the threat which Spain had with Rodri and Ruiz. They have good ability to kick from distance. This can make us way harder to play against. Very tough to stop, especially if we sign Williams. That would be wet dream level. Try to stop, Williams, then Yamal, then Lewy, then Olmo and then Fermin.. how do you do that? Tactical nightmare for opponents. Add mix still Gundo or Pedri or something.. Magic.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The more I think about it, the more it dawns on me, that this is one of the best individual performances at a international tournament that I have seen.

He basically carried that side and was the difference maker in pretty much every game. It wasn't just the goals, it was the quality of the goals.

People will say the opposition is weak, but they ignore the fact that Fermin"s teammates were also weak. Put him with better players and he will simply be even better.

Still think what he did at the Olympics and him generally as a player, gets underrated a fair bit.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Put him with better players and he will simply be even better.

Still think what he did at the Olympics and him generally as a player, gets underrated a fair bit.
I agree with your first three statements.
But I think he gets rated fairly well over on this forum. And generally, people are excited for him, at least on Twitter.

Put him with better players and he will simply be even better.
As for this one. This is where I will say its going on to that overrated territory.
He has been doing amazing when surrounded by players of his own age. The problem is people tend to think that they will do the same or be adequate when it's on the big stage. But you need to remember the players he will be facing are 4-5-9 years older with a lot of experience in dealing with a player in his position.
The number of minutes he has played he has done admirably, but it is nowhere near enough minutes to accurately know if he is able to overcome that hurdle well, where the opponent player knows how to handle him, and now Fermin has to come up with the mental wits to beat him, cuz as of till now, his opponents were of lower caliber, and he just was used to rely on his sheer ability to beat them.
And that's the mental capacity that broke Bojan or Puig, who regressed. This is why you'll see a lot off avg players doing much better when moving into the bigger stage, since while they were growing up, they had to use their wits too to get ahead. And that the mental development, that sometimes gifted players lack while growing up.

His teammates are weak, but his opponents are weak aswell. And as he plays forward, he has to deal with defenders a lot more.

iniestaGOAT

The more I think about it, the more it dawns on me, that this is one of the best individual performances at a international tournament that I have seen.

He basically carried that side and was the difference maker in pretty much every game. It wasn't just the goals, it was the quality of the goals.

People will say the opposition is weak, but they ignore the fact that Fermin"s teammates were also weak. Put him with better players and he will simply be even better.

OLYMPICS is internation level amateur tournament.
But i get you, FERMIN is class.

Devils

Is this guy underrated or what?

I can’t understand the criticism around him. Yamal is by far the biggest breakthrough this year but Fermin is definitely second.

Incredible player. Should be starting for Barca coming off this season.

Reactions: BJJ

JamDav1982

He needs to start v Valencia.

Will still be match fit and he can get a break later in season when more back if legs need it.

Masetro10

Fermin really should have bailed on Vacation and went straight to training. The Valencia game could have given him a springboard to that 10 role with Olmo registration issues. Pedri just coming back and Gundogan hurt/leaving. It was his moment. Still see him playing LW soon though

serghei

If his first touch gets a bit finessed... kid is gonna improve even more. He smells the goal, has a real gift for popping up in the box and smashing them in.

Home of Barca Fans