Andrés Iniesta

Jadentheman

Being a multi millionair, earning 12 mil a year in a country filled with people suffering due to the economical crisis and he wants more?
I love Iniesta and hope he stays with Barca till he retires but this is some ungratefull behavior.
Football players live in this narcissistic bubble and know fuck all about what is going around in the real world, or don't care.
How much money is enough?

Life is unfair I know, but it's football and you watch him play and train day in day out.

He deserves it

Henry_IB

Banned
Being a multi millionair, earning 12 mil a year in a country filled with people suffering due to the economical crisis and he wants more?
I love Iniesta and hope he stays with Barca till he retires but this is some ungratefull behavior.
Football players live in this narcissistic bubble and know fuck all about what is going around in the real world, or don't care.

With the same logic, how dares anyone of us average joes ask for more wage in our jobs when hundred of children die each day in Africa?

Kerrybai

Where did it say he wants more money? It could be something else stalling the negotiations.

xaviniestas

lmao i am sure he will retire at us tbh. say what you want about rosell but i am sure he knows that not giving a new contract to iniesta wil be the end for him

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Apparently it is not about money. And that's what worries me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca already has the biggest wage bill of all sports clubs in the world.
And we often forget that in the end our beloved players are playing football for $$$, not for the love for Barca.

That's all.

Stric

I know this sounds stupid coming from someone who doesn't know Iniesta personally, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd run after money. Especially since most of the stories claim he's already been offered a contract that would make him the second best player at the club, I doubt he'd consider that insufficient. Of course, he probably wants an improved contract and something along those lines, but I'm more inclined to believe something else is also at question here, maybe something that's a matter of principle and not just wages.

Last edited:

oz187

First rule of business, don't accept the first offer. Barca may have the highest wage bill, but they are only second to Madrid in revenue and don't as much on transfers.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Iniesta's lawyer is looking into Barcelona's renewal offer. He will later meet with the club to discuss several points of the offer. [sport]

sabby

We often forget that footballers' careers are very short. For a great world class player, it is usually 10 years when he earns very high. But he has to live another 40 yrs and raise children with almost zero salary. Although I am pretty sure Iniesta is not the kind of guy to haggle with wages, probably some dumb condition or bad environment in place.

tello

We often forget that footballers' careers are very short. For a great world class player, it is usually 10 years when he earns very high. But he has to live another 40 yrs and raise children with almost zero salary. Although I am pretty sure Iniesta is not the kind of guy to haggle with wages, probably some dumb condition or bad environment in place.

Top rated footballers are the last to feel sorry for in terms of finances after their retirement...

raskolnikov

If you are a football player that makes a lot of mobey in one of the top leagues you should make sure you have enough to retire at age 40.
Not guys like Iniesta, a guy like him is set for life even if he spends it all he still has his bodega and can do promotional activities, become a commentator or a trainer.
But more like a guy that is subtop. Then its smart to invest wisely, chase money and retire in qatar.
Guys like Iniesta are set and have no need for more money, just enhance your legacy.
Xavi-Iniesta-Messi are the heart of this era's Barca. It needs to stay this way till they retire.

Home of Barca Fans