Andres Iniesta

DinhoR10

Great to see him playing to his level and even controlling the midfield without Xavi (still had busi). Glad his injury allowed him to play today and showing us finally the reason he's the captain.

StarLord

Yes he has to play.

Having had the discussion earlier today over Pogba/Veratti/Koke/Kovacic/Gundogan and the money (and risks) involved in acquiring any of them, and having now watched old highlights from Xavi & Iniesta I have become literally depressed.

If there was a way to make X & I 7 years younger, I would gladly have all of the above on minimum wage, carrying the bags of X & I, shining their boots, keeping the water in training cool and parking their cars outside the Camp Nou and the Mini Estadi. And I would be doing them a grand favor.

This is what I said a few days ago, and I can say that I was wrong.

If there was a way to have prime Iniesta and Xavi back with some time machine BS, I wouldn't have those so-called midfield talents that are supposed to worth 60m to 120m carry Xaviesta's luggage.

edit: And anyone who thinks that Zidane was better than Iniesta, well, that guy is badly mistaken!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
CDJRN21WMAACpma.png

He's back

This is what I said a few days ago, and I can say that I was wrong.

If there was a way to have prime Iniesta and Xavi back with some time machine BS, I wouldn't have those so-called midfield talents that are supposed to worth 60m to 120m carry Xaviesta's luggage.

edit: And anyone who thinks that Zidane was better than Iniesta, well, that guy is badly mistaken!

why bother taking the piss on anyone supposedly threatening precious xaviesta ?
barça fans like good football, no ?

Leo_Messi

That beautiful run, so typical of Iniesta, gave me flashbacks to a bygone era when we saw such moves regularly. Sadly this has not been the case for quite some time.

Here is hoping that Don Andrés has been saving his best for the most crucial part of the season.:iniesta:

Alen

Vintage Iniesta tonight. I hope he keeps it up, an Iniesta awakening would make us clear favorites in the CL.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
That turn was beautiful with the run through the center, gliding through people, reminded me so much of Kaka.

I recall him doing something similar against United in the 09 final

StarLord

That turn was beautiful with the run through the center, gliding through people, reminded me so much of Kaka.

I recall him doing something similar against United in the 09 final

9th minute, takes it down from Valdes (I think) skips past Anderson and Park (not sure it was Park) and sets Eto'o on his way! Genius Iniesta, my all time favorite player! His form in late 2009 was the best football I have ever seen (outside of Messi) and by far the most imaginative and graceful. An absolute legend of the game!

Vintage Iniesta tonight. I hope he keeps it up, an Iniesta awakening would make us clear favorites in the CL.

If some divine power could guarantee that Iniesta would return to his 08/09 best for the season's run in, with our front 3, plus our newfound defensive solidity, I would advise both Real and Bayern to pack their bags right now.

why bother taking the piss on anyone supposedly threatening precious xaviesta ?
barça fans like good football, no ?

I am trying to make the point, that we will not see midfielders of the quality of Xavi and Iniesta anytime soon. Surely a Barca fan realizes this.

Threatening Xaviesta? Who? Pogba/Veratti/Koke/Gundogan cannot even play the same sport. They could just as much threaten Xavi and Iniesta, as a donkey and bicycle can threaten Porsche and Ferrari.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans