Andres Iniesta

serghei

I wouldn't replace Iniesta yet. If we sign pogba he has to be a starter with that kind of star status and transfer money. And I don't see how Iniesta Pogba can start together unless we change our style. Rakitic has a specific job and he does it well and pogba can't do that. He is a different type of player. So no we don't need pogba that badly now. Maybe after 2 seasons but he is not the only good midfielder in the world. If we can sign him for 80M next window I am fine but anything other than that I don't see the worth.

Yea, pretty much. Would be a mistake to push Iniesta into a Xavi (14-15) role so soon. It might even force him to leave if he feels he can play at the highest level on constant basis still. Best would be as you say, to go one more season with him as a definite starter, and when he's reaching 33 years of age, we need to think in a more serious manner about finding a starter to take o good portion of his minutes and use Iniesta less frequently as a result.

Ritchie

Yea, pretty much. Would be a mistake to push Iniesta into a Xavi (14-15) role so soon. It might even force him to leave if he feels he can play at the highest level on constant basis still. Best would be as you say, to go one more season with him as a definite starter, and when he's reaching 33 years of age, we need to think in a more serious manner about finding a starter to take o good portion of his minutes and use Iniesta less frequently as a result.

He doesn't score anymore for Barca or really assist either. It leaves Messi having to do too much and come deep to set up chances.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
It's not a problem if messi goes deep to create, the problem is when messi is off form and barcelona creates absolutely nothing.
The Don is still great on occasion but he's not the same player as 5 years ago, need someone in midfield to provide balance and support in creating, just like suarez provides support in scoring now.

Stric

Damn his wife is stunning. :wub:

13423923_10157057696865626_4904721727461102310_n.jpg

F

Flavia

He doesn't score anymore for Barca or really assist either. It leaves Messi having to do too much and come deep to set up chances.
Because he was always a prolific scorer? Iniesta's role at Barça is different with msn upfront. He's playing with freedom for Spain, and yet so many don't understand it.

Home of Barca Fans