Andres Iniesta

fergus90

He needs to be in the Xavi role, come on at 75+ as he can still glide past players here and there.

But in reality we aren't going to win the champions league whilst relying on a man who runs like he's closer to 50 than 35 for our main creative influence.

pregra

Physically hurts seeing him out there. What a fall from grace,should retire. Won’t cut it in the chinese league either.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
People like to criticize Messi when is the captain of Argentina, but don’t even get me started on this guy. He is as far from captain material as you can get. Then you had a lot of Barca fans being angry because he wasn’t made the captain of Spain instead of Ramos. Ramos who will probably retire as one of the greatest leaders ever. What a fucking joke.

MTL_Barca

He is still a good player, but he can't be a starter anymore and needs a system like Spain where he can just play central and pass pass pass with other technical payers around him not playing in Valverdes 4-4-2

ManusXavi

I want to remind everybody that at every age since 24 Iniesta has out performed Zidane at the same age including currently. Iniesta can not be expected to track back on defence because when used that way he becomes lethargic.
He is being played in the wrong way and the coach must change that next season.

Barcilliant

I want to remind everybody that at every age since 24 Iniesta has out performed Zidane at the same age including currently. Iniesta can not be expected to track back on defence because when used that way he becomes lethargic.

He should be a sub next season... If he stays.

Iniesta too old to play defense.

Messi is exempted from playing defense.

Pique, Umtiti, Alba should save Barca from players like Dzeko and beyond.

I totally agree, people are blaming iniesta, but he is not the problem, he was played as a left winger in a 4-4-2 against a physical team like roma.. iniesta is more suited to a 4-3-3, if he is played properly he will still be useful

ManusXavi

I totally agree, people are blaming iniesta, but he is not the problem, he was played as a left winger in a 4-4-2 against a physical team like roma.. iniesta is more suited to a 4-3-3, if he is played properly he will still be useful
Formations are not high in my mind, but a 4,2,3,1 with Iniesta as the central attacking mid in front of Busquets and someone else behind him doing the defensive work. Does Zidane get praised defensively or for a high running work rate in 2006? No, he got praised because he was left to only what he is good at.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Iniesta is going to leave after this season. It's probably the best decision, but it's disgusting we couldn't give him the same send off Xavi got.

Home of Barca Fans