Antoine Griezmann

tacticvarium

Considering how horrible the club's current financial situation is, I think the board's main priority seems to be more on fixing that rather than making right footballing decisions and I believe we don't have any other options anyways.

Laplacian

Messi983 melting down over here cartwheeling for this bum. We get that the seniors are toxic, but why do you want to add to that club by keeping this lad around? FFS.

The dude cartwheels a lot over the dullest fucking players ever. I'm so glad I no longer have to read his posts about Griezmann's world class jogging performances after a stinker of a match for us.

Last edited:

Laplacian

It is weird, because this happened during the time when France had the best depth by far among all football countries.
And we got the worst crop of french players among top clubs

It's not weird, we chose the wrong players, that's it. We've always been a club that depended on highly technical forwards capable of transforming an entire match by themselves, and that's what our play style catered to; yet we expected a raw Frenchman to play our intricate style when he was technically limited, and a Frenchman who has spent the majority of his career in a defense oriented club to suddenly completely change himself to a winger capable of carrying and dribbling the ball into the final third on a consistent basis. This isn't hindsight, lots of people called this before the transfers were made. The club was simply idiotic when it came to transfers.

If the club wants a winger capable of dribbling past opponents, quick short passing, and individual brilliance...make sure he's currently doing that at his club before we sign him?

It just seems we gambled like complete amateurs. Select players for the roles they excel at, don't select them with the hopes of transforming them into a completely different player.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
All Laporta has done is weaken the squad and go about his job like he is a bull in a china shop. It's not the sale of Griezmann that the issue it is that the squad is INCREDIBLY weak and it has not been reinvested. Without Depay and De Jong this might be a midtable team.

Which, ok, well he's saving for Haaland next summer guys!!!

There will be no Haaland if we get knocked out in CL group stages and come 5th. Other than Griezmann all Laporta has sold is young players and in the case of Emerson treated the poor guy like absolute shit for a few mill profit.

As we mentioned our frontline now is Depay-LDJ-Braithwaite, when we play some games with that and play against Bayern there will be a massive flip of opinions here.

If only Haaland would solve our problems, but reality is we need at least 5 other top class players to be competitive, even Dortmund is a better team than us.

People being hopeful for next season are deluded, the club has been run to the ground, unless we somehow get extremely lucky with another golden generation from La Masia we are screwed for many years to come.

Home of Barca Fans