Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Yeah, a tier 1 club might be too big a step right now, though I would like to see us have a top Asian player in the 11.

As for Sevilla, if/when Kounde goes you would have to imagine that Monchi has someone lined up. But as we know through the media they need to sell before buying. Marcao being the Carlos money so let's see if they go back for Kim if he is still available when Kounde finally goes.

ajnotkeith

No idea outside of the HL. Probably was starting in some Asian Cup games where Korea dominated and I didn't observe. But looks a very interesting talent and someone I had hoped Sevilla picked up when they were rumoured rather than Napoli.

Can Bremer lead the defence? I recall we spoke about him before and the idea was neither he nor Araujo excelled at distribution. Though an idea would be for FdJ to be the DMC so he is mobile enough to collect the B at third centre and advance it.

They don't but their marking, physicality and 1v1 defending is of the highest level for both of them. I think sacrificing some offensive build up from the back (which like you said could be covered by Frenkie instead, an interesting idea) is a good exchange for having a literal brick wall CB pairing that will drastically reduce goals conceded.

Messi983

Yeah, would be a big boost for our finances if we'd get an Asian star. Not sure if Kim Min-Jae is considered a star in Korea (probably) or Asia (less likely) now but would clearly become one the moment he'd sign for a big club.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-best-asian-players-right-now

Looking at this list Tomiyasu could've been useful to us. Don't watch Arsenal but I've heard good things about him. Azmoun was also available on a free.

And then of course there is this guy.

9cvNoTria6KMoYSnSyYYbb-970-80.jpg.webp

We should've probably signed him instead of spending all that money on Ferran, Lewa and Raphinha in last 6 months. Although not sure even 150m would be enough for Spurs to sell. They're another annoying "small" club who think they're bigger than they are and never want to sell their stars. :lol: Which OTOH I can also respect.

Last edited:

Joan

Azpi is a done deal according to Sport. Fee between 4 and 5 m, 2 + 1 optional year contract.

Slevinn

We were also linked with Sergio Gomez for LB a month or so back, but he has most recently been linked with Arsenal. 15m release clause.

I don't know who is better out of he and Caio, but I know who played more in LaLiga.
Gomez isn?t good enough yet and has no release clause.
But he is suffering from pubalgia and doesn?t want to have surgery so he might be fucking up his knee for good anyway.

khaled_a_d

Real, Bayern, Juventus and Chelsea have all reinforced their defences while we went out and spent big on forwards.

Juventus has spent 70M on attack in January and sold their best under 35 CB, they only replaced him.
Chelsea lost Rudiger and Christensen for free, just after selling Tomori last year, they only signed Koulibaly this season in defense while gettingSterling in attack, never mind we might get 2 of their fullbacks.
We have signed Christensen and trying to get another CB

We signed 2 attacker only btw, because we don't want to repeat the horror of last season

MTL_Barca

We are trying to sign Kounde and already signed Christensen. Also might still get a RB and LB backup.

Also it's not like we signed these attackers for the sake of it, just think back to 1st half of last season where we've seen the likes of Abde, Jutgla, LDJ start for us because we simply had no one available. We desperately needed new attackers after we pretty much replaced Suarez with no one and then Messi and Griezmann with just Depay.

Dembele didn't renew in time and nobody knows how he'll perform and if he can stay healthy. Fati was sadly constantly injured as well so far.

PhxPhil

it looks like we sold 30% of tv rights to fund a lot of this. lot of q's around money but just looks like they are more savy than old execs

Zidane82

It seems Frenkie De Jong is heading to Chelsea on loan after secret talks held between them and Barcelona ... I do not know if this is correct or even how it helps us out financially

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans