Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

Hypothetical... If Bayern say they want MATS and Christensen for Kimmich are you lads pulling the trigger?
Tough one, but I probably would. I've always rated Kimmich very highly, super versatile player, tailor made for Barca.

He's at an age where you'll get 5 great seasons out of him too.

khaled_a_d

Hypothetical... If Bayern say they want MATS and Christensen for Kimmich are you lads pulling the trigger?

Yes, although I would try to take Christensen out of it, but if it is what they insist then do it.

Will go for that Anderlecht GK, and a cheap defensive RB to replace the departures.

Kimmich is an elite player who is versatile, and play exactly in our most thin positions

Co0ter

We don't need a defensive RB, we already have Araujo and Kounde for that. We need an attacking minded RB. Frimpong would be fantastic.

Sacrificing AC for Kimmich would be questionable. Araujo and AC should be our starting CB and compliment eachother perfectly. Kounde has not proven to be a great signing yet and definitely wouldn't be the CB I trust in the back.

Mats had a great season, bringing in a new goalie when we are looking to finish rebuilding (should be anyway) is likely bad timing.

I really don't know who the answer at DM would be though. Neves is a decent player, but he's not great with the ball at his feet despite being pretty athletic and good defensively. Zubimendi isn't it either.

We'd have to put a lot of faith into Kounde, still bring in an attacking RB, hope a free CB like Inigo performs and that whatever young goalie we bring in is up to the task.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is a non-story, totally fabricated by MD, citing some old quote from Kimmich years ago and a dated picture. Just their pathetic attempt to generate clicks and sell papers.

Kimmich doesn't want to leave. Bayern won't sell. Not much to see here.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

In football, when you have a good thing going as we have with our centre backs, you don't let that go for nothing. We are on the verge of breaking all time records in clean sheets. That should make all those in the back 4 untouchable, whether that's for Kimmich or someone else. Things rarely work out as well in theory as they do in practice. If one has to go it has to be Kounde, but that only if Xavi wants a more attaching full back type. Not for Foyth etc

fergus90

In all seriousness, Gundogan on a free would be ideal and obviously realistic. I hope the club doesn’t spend money on Amrabat.

Porque

Getting us phonetically used to Kimmich so we accept the free transfer of Lukas Kalvach.

Smart move's all around by Laporta.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
In all seriousness, Gundogan on a free would be ideal and obviously realistic. I hope the club doesn’t spend money on Amrabat.
Amrabat is far from how technical a Barca player should be - he is a donkey with the ball.

Porque

Igor Paixao. 21 year old left winger in Brasil who is 1.68m and thus gone under the radar. Asking price - 7m euros.

Not saying he is Barca quality. But if Ferran (and Xavi supports this idea) belives he is better on the right than the left, then we could expand our search for a left wing option instead of right wing. I know there is Pablo Torre but I wouldn't place the bulk of expectation on him there.

And even then, he (like Ferran) is not someone who will consistently beat his man. Create a yard to ping a cross or shot though- yes.

Like to retouch on this player.

Seems he has settled into Feyenoord and having a good end of season. From what I have seen of he and Sinisterra, Paixao seems a better player and literally cost a fifth of what they sold Sinisterra for.

Great business all around.

I can't see what people see in Kimmich... good player, but to pay 80 M for him? We gave 25 for Dani Alves who was BEST in the world with his compatriot Maicon... we are not $ity to pay 100 M for RB like they did with Walker...

There are many Free Agents this summer, select what is worth there (like Gundogan) and get Messi back, that's it...

fergus90

I can't see what people see in Kimmich... good player, but to pay 80 M for him? We gave 25 for Dani Alves who was BEST in the world with his compatriot Maicon... we are not $ity to pay 100 M for RB like they did with Walker...

There are many Free Agents this summer, select what is worth there (like Gundogan) and get Messi back, that's it..
He’s not played RB for almost five years and was never really one in the first place. Got moved there when Lahm retired and excelled.

Bit like Real are doing now with Camavinga to plug a gap temporarily.

He’s not played RB for almost five years and was never really one in the first place. Got moved there when Lahm retired and excelled.

Bit like Real are doing now with Camavinga to plug a gap temporarily.

OK, but still: what is that hype about him? Sends solid crosses, good passer... but not that good shooter, bad in the air, net that good defensively...

TAA on his day is so much better... I like that Dumfries guy: great in the air, runs all the time, strong, solid shooter, dangerous upfront, good in defense...

I like Teo Hernandez, I wish we snatch him from non-CL-qualifying Milan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans