Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

MATS is expensive, more expensive than his worth.
Sooner or later the boatd will try to get rid of him, even with Xavi and his amigo bromance.
And tbf Stegen competition is Neto, tough to judge what Xavi will do with better GK.
So it makes sense from club stand point.
Regarding the GK view, I fail to see a more obtainable starting spot for big club than Barca.
Bayern, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manu, RM, Milan & PSG all have better GK and in most cases they are same age or even younger than Stegen. Inter just signed new one, and Oblak was elite up till last year. Maybe Juve.
So if you are a GK with competitive nature, you see Stegen form for over 2 years, and our board coming for you. It is easy to buy into the idea you can prove yourself as starting GK

the only clubs that clearly have better GKs right now are Bayern, RM and PSG. the rest are debatable.

if you consider oblak has a bad season, then so does alisson.

khaled_a_d

Of course clauses can be useful but wouldn't it be better to take 3m Santos owed us and try to find a new Pedri in Segunda instead of hoping one of these Brazilian kids will develop into a player club will consider be worth investing 35m in? Hopefully he will and we could talk Kaiky/Angelo (or possibly both) was a bargain in a few years time but odds for that happening are not really high imo. In the end it could be just 3m thrown away for nothing. We've done a lot worse though so can't really complain too much.

Why would it be?
Pedri is an outlier, rare case. We can buy 50 players from Segunda in next 5 years and we might not find a new Pedri tbh. We scout Spain a lot and bring ton of talents to La Masia with mixed success rate.
Brazil is the biggest talent pool in South America and probably second biggest in the world atm after France. Keeping track on such friendly deal isn't big issue tbh.
Very team friendly and fix relationships with one of the biggest academies out there with some upside.
If it didn't work out it won't be much different than gambling on Ludovit Reis for example.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No chance Barca are going to pay the money it takes on majority of those GK names as a back up.

They are already feeling the cost of a second string keeper like Neto on his amortised cost ad salary.

Need to look for some experienced cheap back up and send Pena/Tenas on loan.

Messigician

Nabil Fekir is liked by Laporta. Apparently, Barcelona could be preparing an offer close to ?60M to try to sign him, however, Betis are asking for at least ?80M.

? @sport

Pain

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Only haters on this forum thought that. Funny how his thread went quiet after the last few months.

There's no way he would be tolerated here with his finishing. He is one of the key players that has cost city in high stake games eg vs Liverpool and champions league knockouts on a consistent basis. I would personally elect to not bring him ahead of a clinical striker as that's something the team Desperately needs right now.

Messigician

Bring the legend back home, we lack creativity

Iniesta: "Bar?a is my home and I couldn't be better than there. Today I like to think a lot about playing. That is what fascinates me the most today."

? @gerardromero

Porque

Doesn't turn 18 until end of December, so can't join until 2023 anyway.

Yep. Here's the full article.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/brasileno-angelo-buen-negocio-barca-13237974

Says we have basically decided to sign him "si o si". That he will stay at Santos until he is 18, and then the club will decide if he stays on another season on loan, if we bring him to Barcelona (like Madrid with Vini and Rodrygo), loan him somewhere in Europe or try to resell him.

Well, he has a full season of Brasileiro upcoming this year, so plenty of time to assess his development (along with Kaiky).

Andresito

Staff member
Yep. Here's the full article.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/brasileno-angelo-buen-negocio-barca-13237974

Says we have basically decided to sign him "si o si". That he will stay at Santos until he is 18, and then the club will decide if he stays on another season on loan, if we bring him to Barcelona (like Madrid with Vini and Rodrygo), loan him somewhere in Europe or try to resell him.

Well, he has a full season of Brasileiro upcoming this year, so plenty of time to assess his development (along with Kaiky).

Imo Barca won't sign him yet. I'm interpreting the article that we will assess his situation after he turns 18, if we want to buy him or not only then.
Logical thing to do really. If the buy option is there, why gamble and pay 35 now when that money can be used in better ways rather than on a young player arriving in 6-12 months.

So most likely not really an option until summer 2023.

khaled_a_d

Imo Barca won't sign him yet. I'm interpreting the article that we will assess his situation after he turns 18, if we want to buy him or not only then.
Logical thing to do really. If the buy option is there, why gamble and pay 35 now when that money can be used in better ways rather than on a young player arriving in 6-12 months.

So most likely not really an option until summer 2023.

Playing devil advocate, it will be because of the player himself most likely.
In few years he might be asking for more $$$ or even decline Barca for another club (since the agreement is between us and Santos, and he isn't obliged to come here)
If we believe he is the real deal it will be smart to buy and loan on very long contract, spread amortization as long as possible and have some of those years not counted against salary cap.

Messi983

Why would it be?
Pedri is an outlier, rare case. We can buy 50 players from Segunda in next 5 years and we might not find a new Pedri tbh. We scout Spain a lot and bring ton of talents to La Masia with mixed success rate.
Brazil is the biggest talent pool in South America and probably second biggest in the world atm after France. Keeping track on such friendly deal isn't big issue tbh.
Very team friendly and fix relationships with one of the biggest academies out there with some upside.
If it didn't work out it won't be much different than gambling on Ludovit Reis for example.

IF we'd buy someone from Segunda for 3m at least we'd have that player and see how he'll develop. Even if he wouldn't work out we could probably still get most of money back by selling him. With this first option we have almost nothing and would need to pay 35m for a player that has big chances to flop to not waste those 3m.

I'm not against Brazilian youngsters but would prefer doing like City and buy someone like Kayky (who is probably higher rated than Angelo) or Metinho for 10m. That's what I would still be comfortable spending on unproven kids from Brazil, 35m just looks too much unless a player is already one of the best players in Brazil like Neymar when bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans