Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar

No club in their right mind are paying 5-10m for Mingueza.

He will be off on loan or let go for free with % of future sale and maybe a token fee.

Remember Gomes? He was the absolute worse and we sold him for 35m, same thing with Firpo, Mina, Denis Suarez ...

Zidane82

Barcelona want to take a little more time to make a decision on whether or not to sign Adama Traor? on a permanent basis. [as]

JamDav1982

Remember Gomes? He was the absolute worse and we sold him for 35m, same thing with Firpo, Mina, Denis Suarez ...
Gomes was a Portugese international who had done well at Valencia and Everton bought him after doing well there. He was not sold for 35m though.

All those had done well elsewhere.

Mingueza was deemed not even good enough for B team and filled a gap for a while in first team until found out.

Cant compare those players to Mingueza. Wont be getting anywhere near 10m for him.

Porque

5m is not alot for Mingueza when you consider Championship sides will move to the EPL and will be flush with cash, and all to keen to get a Barcelona first team (squad) player.

Bigger problem is if Mingueza would want that type of move. Seems some of these Catalan La Masia kids have delusions of grandeur.

JamDav1982

5m is not alot for Mingueza when you consider Championship sides will move to the EPL and will be flush with cash, and all to keen to get a Barcelona first team (squad) player.

Bigger problem is if Mingueza would want that type of move. Seems some of these Catalan La Masia kids have delusions of grandeur.

There are far better players in Championship for them to pick up than a player like Mingueza.. they probably have better already.

These sides are not daft enough to think being a Barca squad player makes them worth much.

Alena was better and got 5m for him from mid level La Liga side.

Porque

Well that's subjective.

Barcelona have the stereotype of developing ball playing defenders. Mingueza has his positives.

You mentioned Alena, who was more hyped, but did he ever display a higher level- and consistently, at Barca, than Mingueza did last season?

So again, 5m is chicken feed for a defender who was starting for Barcelona just last season and played a good level, who was also a Spain U21 international. But has fallen out of favour. For some clubs that's called an opportunity.

We sold Sergio Akieme for friggin 3.5m. Mingueza will have suitors, again, the greater issue will be how resistive he will be to leave as these Catalan players tend to try and stay, prove their worth until contract runs out.

JamDav1982

Dont agree it means anything to these teams that Mingueza was in squad when looks nowhere near good enough and did ok as CB in a three and not much else.

He cant play CB in a two to any level and is not much of a RB.

Mingueza would get battered and badly exposed at CB in EPL. Cant see clubs from there wanting him or thinking he is better than they have already let alone alternatives on market.

You are over rating how much being in Barca squad means to other teams in my opinion.

Porque

Not saying he wouldn't get battered. Not saying he wouldn't improve either.

I'm saying you are undervaluing him, with the example of shit Premiership clubs with money.

No point debating further as we will go back and forth until morning.

Let's see who and where he would move and for how much if it happens. Suspect he will stay and fight for his place until his contract winds out. I have seen defenders who have proven less for us manage to find top flight minutes Cuenca, Muniesa, Palencia carve out first division opportunities. So not going to rule out who might be interested in Mingueza and whether they would pay a nominal fee at worst for the given reasons.

JamDav1982

Palencia has proven nothing and is about Mingueza level.

EPL teams are not deluded into thinking because Mingueza got minutes last season it means much. As they wont with likes of Braithwaite.

They have better players already in Championship.

Bobo32

All sources reporting we won the race for Torre :cool:

Might be official today.

Looked a bit Gavi-like in his movements and style in that video posted earlier. Did they play together in the youth NT? I see that Torre is one year older...
Otherwise, it looked like his biggest strength is his ball strike, the corners and free kicks looked quite good.

Porque

Looked a bit Gavi-like in his movements and style in that video posted earlier. Did they play together in the youth NT? I see that Torre is one year older...
Otherwise, it looked like his biggest strength is his ball strike, the corners and free kicks looked quite good.

I don't think so, but I can't confirm anything as I know nothing on this player bar the media interest and Youtube videos.

I got no idea where he will slot in as our mid is overbooked with young talents right now. But with the media reporting that Xavi gave him a Pepsonal call, I hope he has an idea!

Still, opportunity not to be missed I guess. And Nico renewals always worry me, so ...

Zidane82

I don't think so, but I can't confirm anything as I know nothing on this player bar the media interest and Youtube videos.

I got no idea where he will slot in as our mid is overbooked with young talents right now. But with the media reporting that Xavi gave him a Pepsonal call, I hope he has an idea!

Still, opportunity not to be missed I guess. And Nico renewals always worry me, so ...

Guess we have allow for injuries..

ajnotkeith

Palencia has proven nothing and is about Mingueza level.

EPL teams are not deluded into thinking because Mingueza got minutes last season it means much. As they wont with likes of Braithwaite.

They have better players already in Championship.

5m has been spent worse.

Mingueza is bad for Barca level, but with some development, he can surely be a LaLiga player and maybe play for a team like Norwich in EPL. He has some upside.

His game against Napoli showed there is something there, even if he is very reckless and unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans