Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andresito

Staff member
[@David_Ornstein��] | Ruben Neves is a candidate to come to Barcelona in the summer. #fcblive

Wouldn't mind him but surely BS rumours.

Been reported a few weeks ago he was on our watchlist. But far from a priority due to his price.

Andresito

Staff member
Pau had plenty of offers last summer but decided to stay and play CL with Villarreal. With World Cup coming up I can see him staying in familiar territory for at least another 6 months.

Then after a good WC, move in January or summer 2023. Contract is until 2024 either way.

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
9h
��[
@Santi_J_FM
��] | Barcelona are interested in Christopher Nkunku(24), with Joan Laporta being a fan of the player. Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City are also in the race, with PSG being the favourites for the player's signature as of now. #fcblive

Reliable reporter.

I have said that I don't think we need a striker with Ansu fit and back.
But * IF if we get one this summer,
I would rather have Nkuku any day of the week than overpay to get a potential bad fit (Haaland) or a top striker (Lewa) that is approaching retirement.
This is the right profile

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nkunku would cost 60-70m and is one of those players without a set position. Kind of like Felix. Not a striker, not really a winger nor an attacking midfielder. False 9 perhaps.

Very exciting player no doubt but would be expensive and wouldn't have a set position. Besides with how Xavi want us to play based on what we've seen so far a proper #9 is needed.

mc_lovin

Why? Explain

For one he's not a forward. He plays quite advanced for Leipzig, but his movement is just not that of a real forward. Takes one game to see that. And if history has taught us anything we shouldn't go for players that don't fit in our 433.

Birdy

Xavi wants his 9 to drop back several times during the game to link up with mds and generate space at the back of the defense.
Auba is trying to do that now and then, w/o much success IMO.
Nkuku will be great at that. He can also assist very well players running off his back.

I agree he seems like a SS, and not a fixed striker at Leipzig.
I don't see that as a problem at all.
Besides, when he's in the box, he acts like a proper predator.

The problem is when you have Messi or Griezman as 'strikers', and they spend 100% of the time close to the halfway line.
Nkuku ain't that

mc_lovin

Maybe you can make it work, but it would needlessly complicate things again. Why gamble like that?

Let him join United and complete the quartet of Nkunku, van de Beek, Bruno and Pogba of weird, offensive as fuck, goal-scoring midfielders.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd prefer a pure #9 and play with two proper wingers.

I'm done with these False 9/second striker type of players.

JamDav1982

For the most part Xavi so far is wanting his 9 to hold position and be focal point of attack in box and have ability to take ball with back to goal.

He isnt playing with a false nine or someone who constantly drops to leave space for others.

ajnotkeith

Xavi wants his 9 to drop back several times during the game to link up with mds and generate space at the back of the defense.
Auba is trying to do that now and then, w/o much success IMO.
Nkuku will be great at that. He can also assist very well players running off his back.

I agree he seems like a SS, and not a fixed striker at Leipzig.
I don't see that as a problem at all.
Besides, when he's in the box, he acts like a proper predator.

The problem is when you have Messi or Griezman as 'strikers', and they spend 100% of the time close to the halfway line.
Nkuku ain't that
I think it's quite the opposite, he seems to like having his 9 as a reference point that occupies the centrals and plays with back to goal like Auba.

mc_lovin

So, I watched the first half of Leipzig-Atalanta to freshen up my memory about Nkunku, who played CF coincidentally...

Heck no. He has virtually zero presence. We could just stick to Ferran there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans