Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Zubimendi looks in good shape and quite mobile, he probably won't be that low intensity.
Have not watched him much either but from the games I did see with Sociedad vs Barca/RM etc I didn't really notice him and see him do anything special. Though, sometimes that can be the mark of a good holding midfielder, they go unnoticed and facilitate the team behind the scenes, if you pay attention.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zubimendi has decent pace and mobility for the position. He's a bit more like Atletico Madrid Rodri(not as good obv) than Busquets IMO.

My issue is obviously the 60m buyout price, but I wouldn't mind him as the alternative to Kimmich when the other options are Ruben Neves and Amrabat who might be very good, but his career so far doesn't really suggest it. Could be a late bloomer though.

JamDav1982

Impossible signing but its fun to think about.

This summer we'll sign a DM & RB to fill out the squad, just like I was saying in the summer, can't expect us to fill all the wholes at once, but the forum was at panic stations, ohhhh nooo we pulled levers we won't be able to sign.

I just hope we get it right this time, we've been trying to replace Alves for years now, or at least get someone decent that can rotate with Kounde & roberto.

Fake news.

No one said Barca wont be able to sign anyone but it will be more difficult going forward than was last summer which is 100% the case.

Nor was that point ever made about this summer only.

You yoursefl claimed Tebas is out to get Barca and chaning rules as sees fit since they got roun his FFP last season so quit the nonsense Jammy.

ajnotkeith

Zubimendi has decent pace and mobility for the position. He's a bit more like Rodri(not as good obv) than Busquets IMO.

My issue is obviously the 60m buyout price, but I wouldn't mind him as the alternative to Kimmich when the other options are Ruben Neves and Amrabat who might be very good, but his career so far doesn't really suggest it. Could be a late bloomer though.
60m these days for the right player can be a good investment. If he ends up being a good DM even just for a couple years the price will have been worth it.
Kimmich likely much better player but also older and more expensive so pros and cons for both.

Probably have some resale value with Zubimendi from likes of Arsenal.

JamDav1982

Zubimendi has decent pace and mobility for the position. He's a bit more like Atletico Madrid Rodri(not as good obv) than Busquets IMO.

Neves wont be the alternative though as by all accounts Xavi doesnt rate him.

Would guess if that happens and Neves did arrive Xavi would still want a DM and barely play Neves there.

Porque

Romero claiming Barca will sign Neves if Kessie leaves as a 'reward for Mendes' on the Balde/Lamal renewals

Imagine that were true. Pay a few euros to take Balmine from their respective agents, sign the renewals they were always going to sign, and get a few million euro payout out of it for a player the sporting department do not want.

Greasy porkchop grifting.

mc_lovin

Not the biggest fan of Zubimendi, but I see why Xavi wants with him. Not many positional DMs around. Frenkie needs an anchor next to him.

jamrock

50-60m is the going rate for players that are universally consider to be a good player these days, which Zubi is.

Not too fussed about the price, that's just where the market is.

Only other option is to find some uncut gem.

vuji_31

Imagine that were true. Pay a few euros to take Balmine from their respective agents, sign the renewals they were always going to sign, and get a few million euro payout out of it for a player the sporting department do not want.

Greasy porkchop grifting.
It is true, that is how bussiness works.

One football agent who operates worh buggest club in the world said this.

It is all about connections and trust.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sell Ansu, Ferran, Kessie and act like Roberto isn't at the club anymore.

Sign Kimmich, Messi, Cancelo, Vitor Roque and Doku(random LW prospect I thought of) and let them cook.

JamDav1982

Carrasco will be the LW Xavi wants by all accounts.

Decent signing if cheap enough and more suited to being out wide that Torres/Fati.

Abde it seems Xavi doesnt fancy also.

Fati been better in recent weeks but seems they want the pure profit on him and would imagine Raphina will stay due to Dembele contract stuation and possibility he could leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans