Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

Also, bring back Mexican Araujo and sign Cardona kid as depth FB options. And then send Valle and Fort (alongside maybe Guiu as well) to Las Pimientas to get regular La Liga experience.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Biggest issue for us is defensive midfielder. I don't know who (and if) will we pursue but I don't think we can be seriously competing without one.
Frenkie and Gundogan can't do it.

Porque

I reckon Fort is already in casting this season for a more prominent role in our first team squad, and doesn't need the LP loan.

LB - Balde/Cardona
RB - Cancelo/Fort

With three of those four being able to play the other side if need be seems enough.

Messi983

Biggest issue for us is defensive midfielder. I don't know who (and if) will we pursue but I don't think we can be seriously competing without one.
Frenkie and Gundogan can't do it.

Should go all in on Zubimendi, I think he could be the missing piece. But probably can't afford him even if we somehow manage to offload Lewy and Raphinha. And in that case would ofc need to bring more offensive depth as well to ease pressure on Yamal and Roque.

Definitely hope we won't waste money on either of Joao's. If can get Cancelo on another loan with non-obligatory buy option then fine but should move on from the Felix experiment. There is a talent hidden somewhere inside him but way too inconsistent to invest any serious money in him.

I reckon Fort is already in casting this season for a more prominent role in our first team squad, and doesn't need the LP loan.

LB - Balde/Cardona
RB - Cancelo/Fort

With three of those four being able to play the other side if need be seems enough.

As said above I prefer to move on from Cancelo. As for Fort is questionable what's better for his development. Being a squad player here or a starter for UDLP for a coach who actually plays the Barca way more than this current Barca team. Ofc we'll have second half of this season to figure that out. If he'll fully establish himself as part of the first team then yes, probably better to keep him if not then a loan should be considered.

JamDav1982

Also, bring back Mexican Araujo and sign Cardona kid as depth FB options. And then send Valle and Fort (alongside maybe Guiu as well) to Las Pimientas to get regular La Liga experience.

Araujo did well v Vini and has been clocked as quickest RB in league. So almost worth having option for that.

Not the tallest,strongest or best on ball and really for him the best thing is to get games and develop with Barca trying to get a fee for him.,

Neither Araujo or Fort will be starters and having both as depth is too much probably.

Unless have Fort still as registered B player that can cover RB/LB and probably even CB if required.

Fort will still only be 18 that is still at age can develop on reasonable minutes at Barca and doesnt need a loan out really for that at this point.

Messi983

Araujo did well v Vini and has been clocked as quickest RB in league. So almost worth having option for that.

Not the tallest,strongest or best on ball and really for him the best thing is to get games and develop with Barca trying to get a fee for him.,

Neither Araujo or Fort will be starters and having both as depth is too much probably.

Unless have Fort still as registered B player that can cover RB/LB and probably even CB if required.

Fort will still only be 18 that is still at age can develop on reasonable minutes at Barca and doesnt need a loan out really for that at this point.

My idea was to get Araujo as a short-term squad player while Fort is developing out on loan.

As said we'll see how this season will unfold and can evaluate situation in summer. It also depends on how the club sees Fort longterm future. Do they believe he can become a starter in two years for example? If that's the case then I think at his age he should play as much as possible to fullfil his potential and if can't make that here then earning a season of La Liga experience in a team like Las Palmas would make sense.

OTOH if they see him as a cheap homegrown versatile squad player who will probably be moved on in a year or two as well then keeping him and cashing on Araujo if we get a good offer is probably a better solution.

As of now I would say he's probably closer to that second option but he made quite a big step up over last 12 months so who knows what his ceilling really is.

Either way we at least have some options at RB and seemingly also LB. What we really have no clue about is what the plans are for DM.

Porque

Lucas Bergvall could be the next pearl to sign for FC Barcelona. The Barcelona club seems to lead the race for the 17-year-old midfielder who plays in the Djurgårdens IF Fotboll in the face of next summer's market. In the midst of the rumors of his arrival, he responded to the possibility of choosing Manchester City or Barça. After snorting, he was honest: "I prefer Barça"

---

Nice little notice if true. Obviously the amount Djugardens are asking of 10m is chicken feed. So if he is as good as we believe, would be great to tie this up.

JamDav1982

My idea was to get Araujo as a short-term squad player while Fort is developing out on loan.

As said we'll see how this season will unfold and can evaluate situation in summer. It also depends on how the club sees Fort longterm future. Do they believe he can become a starter in two years for example? If that's the case then I think at his age he should play as much as possible to fullfil his potential and if can't make that here then earning a season of La Liga experience in a team like Las Palmas would make sense.

OTOH if they see him as a cheap homegrown versatile squad player who will probably be moved on in a year or two as well then keeping him and cashing on Araujo if we get a good offer is probably a better solution.

As of now I would say he's probably closer to that second option but he made quite a big step up over last 12 months so who knows what his ceilling really is.

Either way we at least have some options at RB and seemingly also LB. What we really have no clue about is what the plans are for DM.

Cant see them loaning Fort at just turned 18 and he can be useful in minutes he can play for first team.

He is not at a stage he needs regular first team football to go out on loan.

Cant see it even being considered.

At 18 some firs team minutes, some B team minutes and training with first team to improve physically and tactically is more than enough to develop and probably better than sent off to another team really.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I don't see Cardona being particularly impactful for us, but if it is a question of depth then it is an OK move. Alonso is just a waste of cap space considering he is a) always injured and b) had to be converted to CB and didn't have the legs for LB anymore.

I know nothing about Cardona tbh, but it is time to get some depth that isn't a teenager or geriatric. He fits those criteria but I have no idea how good he is.

Regarding the discussions of Fort, J. Araujo.
I can get the idea behind bringing Araujo back as back up option unless we get a good offer for him, but Fort needs time tbh and barca need to ease their addiction of rushing players into first team squad.
Question remains about who should be starting RB.
For me I would say it is either Cancelo or Kounde but not both.
If we sell Kounde, get Cancelo on a team friendly deal, if we fail to sell Kounde then we are stuck him him, but pin him to RB.

JamDav1982

Kounde should never be staying as starting RB.

His passing is poor and cant defend 1v1..

It will be another season of having paid 60m for a player out of position that dont trust to play v any wingers with pace and hinders the build up too often.

khaled_a_d

Kounde should never be staying as starting RB.

His passing is poor and cant defend 1v1..

It will be another season of having paid 60m for a player out of position that dont trust to play v any wingers with pace and hinders the build up too often.

If we fail to sell him, where do you think we should use him?

Porque

I know nothing about Cardona tbh, but it is time to get some depth that isn't a teenager or geriatric. He fits those criteria but I have no idea how good he is.

Regarding the discussions of Fort, J. Araujo.
I can get the idea behind bringing Araujo back as back up option unless we get a good offer for him, but Fort needs time tbh and barca need to ease their addiction of rushing players into first team squad.
Question remains about who should be starting RB.
For me I would say it is either Cancelo or Kounde but not both.
If we sell Kounde, get Cancelo on a team friendly deal, if we fail to sell Kounde then we are stuck him him, but pin him to RB.

Good point. Our base age is getting incredibly low.

Must admit that I am a bit biased as I have never really seen it with Araujo. He has looked decent when I watched LP though admittedly, but when he had his droplets at Barca looked well off the level compared to Fort. But that might be a question of adaption.

Generally though, Fort as rotation for Cancelo should give him enough minutes to develop as a fullback here. At 18 he doesn't need huge first team minutes.

It is basically what we wanted Fresneda for, but Fort is way closer to the possession style fullback that Xavi initially wanted for RB.

But Fort going on loan to LP with Araujo coming here as depth? I don't generally have an issue with that either.

I'm not sure if Pimienta would go for Valle and Fort as his starting FB pairing btw as it's a little young for a LaLiga relegation battling side (though they are above that level this season, but the second may be more difficult) but it's an idea that could benefit both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans