Bayern München

nnao

1 for 2 then. 0 for 1 with Pep at the helm. Let's see what happens.

Yeah, basically. I have no idea what's going to happen. Bayern are a big question mark on so many fronts right now.

But if we're looking at history to see what might happen:
in 2006, Italy won the WC -> AC Milan won the CL
in 2010, Spain won the WC -> Barca won the CL
in 2014, Germany won the WC-> ???

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Neither is a sample size of 1 where winning the league early with Pep didn't help Bayern lift the CL :lol:

Touche.

Of course it's not a big enough sample size. :D

Even that, past "trends" mean nothing in football. Anything can happen.

Theoretically, it should help them. In reality, we have no way of knowing. It didn't help them last time. Hopefully, it doesn't help them this time either. :p

nnao

Of course not. :D

Theoretically, it should help them. In reality, we have no way of knowing. It didn't help them last time. Hopefully, it doesn't help them this time either. :p

Well, I don't think it'll help for the first match. Dortmund, Leverkusen, then Barca. The Dortmund game being the league cup semi's, which is a must win. It's a tough schedule and not much room to rotate, especially after Gladbach did Bayern the solid of winning vs. Wolfsburg.

The second match, should theoretically be helpful though. We'll know after the game ends :p

I can't be the only one that's just a bundle of nerves ahead of the game. Bayern are such a big question mark to me right now. I can't predict with any degree of sureness the lineup, formation, tactics, form going into the match or anything¿¿¿¿

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
How do you know?

Maybe they would have lost even more badly, especially that first leg. Being rested for CL games is always a big advantage. Juventus and Bayern have already entered "walk-for-most-of-the-90-minutes-mode" in their recent games.

Just compare the pace of last night's game at the Balaidos with Bayern v Hertha or Torino v Juventus.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/

Dude. Chill.

It was 4 the Bantz.

I wasn't being serious. Of course having the league already won is a big advantage.

nnao

How do you know?

Maybe they would have lost even more badly, especially that first leg. Being rested for CL games is always a big advantage. Juventus and Bayern have already entered "walk-for-most-of-the-90-minutes-mode" in their recent games.

Just compare the pace of last night's game at the Balaidos with Bayern v Hertha or Torino v Juventus.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/

I think it did play a big part, honestly. Right away, their form dropped by a big margin and Pep rotated way too much. The very first match after, Bayern tied 3:3 to Hoffenheim, then lost to Augsburg and 3:0 to Dortmund at home in quick succession. Right away, everything just kind of flew off the rails.

A few different things played a part, I think. That, key injuries to Javi and Thiago, Pep letting go of some of his principles for the second match, Tito's death, the Uli Hoeness storyline and the fact that Madrid were a great team last season.

StarLord

Yeah, in the top 3 leagues with at least 10 games played in that position.

Looking at players in general, the top few are Messi, Robben, Ronaldo, Hazard, de Bruyne, Ribery, Neymar, Alexis and James, in that order, so their ratings generally pass the eye test.

I still think Alba is pretty good though.

1. "Whoscored" is not about the 3 top leagues, but about the 5 top leagues.

2. Moreover, which are the top 3 leagues, as things stand, there is one league that is far ahead, and then another 3 battling it out for places 2-3.

3. How can their ratings methodology even remotely compensate or even attempt at factoring in all the differences between leagues, the ups and downs in performance levels etc etc etc.

The ratings you refer to, are only indicative at best, yet you take them as a word from God.

nnao

1. "Whoscored" is not about the 3 top leagues, but about the 5 top leagues.

2. Moreover, which are the top 3 leagues, as things stand, there is one league that is far ahead, and then another 3 battling it out for places 2-3.

3. How can their ratings methodology even remotely compensate or even attempt at factoring in all the differences between leagues, the ups and downs in performance levels etc etc etc.

The ratings you refer to, are only indicative at best, yet you take them as a word from God.

1. I specifically chose the top 3 leagues.

2. The top 3 leagues in UEFA coefficients.

3. I didn't take them as a word from God. I very specifically said it's not definitive in any way and that it's just a way to get an "objective" opinion, rather that just saying, yeah I think so and so is better than so and so.

Last edited:

StarLord

I think it did play a big part, honestly. Right away, their form dropped by a big margin and Pep rotated way too much. The very first match after, Bayern tied 3:3 to Hoffenheim, then lost to Augsburg and 3:0 to Dortmund at home in quick succession. Right away, everything just kind of flew off the rails.

A few different things played a part, I think. That, key injuries to Javi and Thiago, Pep letting go of some of his principles for the second match, Tito's death, the Uli Hoeness storyline and the fact that Madrid were a great team last season.

The form did not drop, mate. It was just that Bayern (correctly in my opinion) started resting players and taking their foot off the gas which was 100% the right decision to make.

Losing to Augsburg and Dortmund means absolutely nothing when you have the title wrapped up already. Pep was 100% in the right in rotating as much as possible etc etc.

The fact that Bayern ultimately lost, does not in any way mean that being rested for big CL games is a bad thing :lol: There are other factors at play in football, and Real Madrid were also in very good physical condition at the time, plus they had the tactical edge over a quite stale Bayern style of play. In my opinion, Real Madrid are also superior to Bayern in the player-for-player department. RM have more star-power than BM and it showed in the tie last season.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah I think he used former and latter wrong. But I agree with Alba>any other LB in world football today. He provides a plan B - pure, unadulterated pace - which nobody else could give us. And tbh I think he's a fairly good defender for his build - he's tenacious, and once he anticipates a ball, he uses his afterburners to cut them out. That he's a midget isn't his fault :\

:D
Alaba even has a plan C. Scoring on Freekicks on a regular basis.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

btw, since you all think Bayern has it so good with the whole setting for the CL semis: right before the 1st leg: DFB Pokal semi against Dortmund. Right after the 1st leg: League against Leverkusen. And of course, nobody must get injured in these matches. Yes, belittle us a bit more.

Home of Barca Fans