Bayern München

Jägermeister

btw, since you all think Bayern has it so good with the whole setting for the CL semis: right before the 1st leg: DFB Pokal semi against Dortmund. Right after the 1st leg: League against Leverkusen. And of course, nobody must get injured in these matches. Yes, belittle us a bit more.

Most important match of the year. :rolleyes:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
btw, since you all think Bayern has it so good with the whole setting for the CL semis: right before the 1st leg: DFB Pokal semi against Dortmund. Right after the 1st leg: League against Leverkusen. And of course, nobody must get injured in these matches. Yes, belittle us a bit more.

Bayern doesn't have it good at all, mate. They have to face Barcelona in the CL.

:antonella:

DrPepper

Not sure if ironic.

28.4. Dortmund (H, Cup)
2.5. Leverkusen (A)
6.5. Barcelona (A, CL)
9.5. Augsburg (H)
12.5. Barcelona (H, CL)

You guys could easily throw away the two League matches vs Augsburg and Leverkusen and have a week's rest between each key match.

nnao

The form did not drop, mate. It was just that Bayern (correctly in my opinion) started resting players and taking their foot off the gas which was 100% the right decision to make.

Losing to Augsburg and Dortmund means absolutely nothing when you have the title wrapped up already. Pep was 100% in the right in rotating as much as possible etc etc.

The fact that Bayern ultimately lost, does not in any way mean that being rested for big CL games is a bad thing :lol: There are other factors at play in football, and Real Madrid were also in very good physical condition at the time, plus they had the tactical edge over a quite stale Bayern style of play. In my opinion, Real Madrid are also superior to Bayern in the player-for-player department. RM have more star-power than BM and it showed in the tie last season.

It was the wrong decision last season. Resting is all well and good, but it was too much and taking the foot off the gas is also not a 100% right decision to make. Who in the world want to go into a CL match having an average of 0.33 points in the last four games? Pep and Sammer have even come and specifically said it was the wrong decision.

If you go and look at the treble season, you can't even tell when the league was won because even after Bayern rotated but kept up the winning mentality. They lost literally 2 points in the whole of the second half of the season: a tie against Dortmund who they would later face in the CL final.

"There are other factors at play in football". Yes I realize. That's exactly why I pointed out a list of other factors that affected the tie....

And "being superior in the player-for-player department" means nothing. It's not like Bayern didn't progress past them in the 2011-12 season with a much worse squad. Actually Bayern had a ridiculously great record against Real Madrid despite having a worse squad for years.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Not sure if ironic.

28.4. Dortmund (H, Cup)
2.5. Leverkusen (A)
6.5. Barcelona (A, CL)
9.5. Augsburg (H)
12.5. Barcelona (H, CL)

You guys could easily throw away the two League matches vs Augsburg and Leverkusen and have a week's rest between each key match.

Could, but won't. And Dortmund, who could salvage their season by winning the DFB Pokal, and Leverkusen with their intense running and pressing game, are as though as it gets in Germany.

nnao

Could, but won't. And Dortmund, who could salvage their season by winning the DFB Pokal, and Leverkusen with their intense running and pressing game, are as though as it gets in Germany.

BVB and Leverkusen are probably the worst 2 matches to play before a CL game for Bayern, especially if the BVB one goes into extra time.

Yannik

Not sure if ironic.

28.4. Dortmund (H, Cup)
2.5. Leverkusen (A)
6.5. Barcelona (A, CL)
9.5. Augsburg (H)
12.5. Barcelona (H, CL)

Bayern needs wins in the league games too. For psychological matters. If they loose against Leverkusen and Augsburg who are both decent, then they might loose confidence.

nnao

And considering that the CL game right after is away.

Yeah, exactly, it's a tough schedule before the first match, which also happens to be away. If Pep can come out with a win (or even a tie with goals), I'd be really impressed. Second match is a much lighter schedule.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yeah, exactly, it's a tough schedule before the first match, which also happens to be away. If Pep can come out with a win (or even a tie with goals), I'd be really impressed. Second match is a much lighter schedule.

We need to capitalize on Bayern's probable fatigue in the first game and score as many goals as possible at home. Clean sheet is a must.

Neeraj

Let's not kid ourselves. Bayern is not going to be "fatigued" for the most important game of the season for them so far. Pep is far too smart to exhaust his players before this game - I am certain of that.

StarLord

@ Bayernistas

If the league was on the line (imagine that!) the game against Leverkusen would be very tough, as even Leverkusen themselves would be counting on Bayern to be not at 100% in that particular game (is what Sevilla and Valencia will probably do to RM)

But the situation is that Bayern should not give a flying fuck when faced with Leverkusen, the league is wrapped up and if I were in Pep's position I would rest every single starter. Every single one.

We need to capitalize on Bayern's probable fatigue in the first game and score as many goals as possible at home. Clean sheet is a must.

Bayern have a difficult game tomorrow against Dortmund, but that is 8 days before the first CL semi. I fully expect Bayern to rest all key players vs Leverkusen.

nnao

@ Bayernistas

If the league was on the line (imagine that!) the game against Leverkusen would be very tough, as even Leverkusen themselves would be counting on Bayern to be not at 100% in that particular game (is what Sevilla and Valencia will probably do to RM)

But the situation is that Bayern should not give a flying fuck when faced with Leverkusen, the league is wrapped up and if I were in Pep's position I would rest every single starter. Every single one.

He can't rest every single starter where he doesn't have players to rotate with...

There are exactly two CB's fit to start at the moment. Lewandowski is the only striker who is fit to start (Muller can play there but that's not "rotation"). In general for the attacking options only Sinan Kurt is available to rotate. Maybe Weiser but he'll probably have to take RB depending on Rafinha's health as Rode seems a failed experiment there. Most rotation is available in the central/defensive midfield area (Basti, Alonso, Lahm, Gaudino, Rode), other than that, it's pretty thin.

Surely he will rotate but only as much as the squad allows him to.

Last edited:

FC B

And considering that the CL game right after is away.

Right after BVB game is vs Bayer game away.
He can't rest every single starter where he doesn't have players to rotate with...

There are exactly two CB's fit to start at the moment. Lewandowski is the only striker who is fit to start (Muller can play there but that's not "rotation"). In general for the attacking options only Sinan Kurt is available to rotate. Maybe Weiser but he'll probably have to take RB depending on Rafinha's health as Rode seems a failed experiment there. Most rotation is available in the central/defensive midfield area (Basti, Alonso, Lahm, Gaudino, Rode), other than that, it's pretty thin.

Surely he will rotate but only as much as the squad allows him to.

Agreed. He surely won't rest all his starters vs Bayer since a defeat could hurt their morale just prior to their away game at Camp Nou.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans