Bayern München

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Juventus squad

Buffon - 32m (but this was a very long time ago in a different era of italian dominance of money)
Lichsteiner - 10m
Barzagli - 0.6m
Chiellini - 4.3m
Evra - 1.5m
Pirlo- free
Marchisio - free (from the youth team)
Vidal - 10.5m
Pogba - free
Tevez - 12m
Morata - 20m

Patricho

I'm pretty sure we'll field the following players:

Neuer - Rafinha, Benatia, Boateng, Lahm - Xabi Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Thiago - Götze, Müller, Bernat

It might be in a different formation, but I'm sure it will be those players. I'd be surprised if Weiser plays, let alone Martinez, who hasn't played yet after his injury. Winning the tie against Barca would be a miracle at this stage. Tbh, as long as we put up a good fight and don't get slaughtered I'd be happy. We are simply cursed this season.

And, please guys don't even try to compare our situation to Barca's in 2013. It's nothing alike. Can't even be compared. I'm not even trying to discredit your eventual victory against us. If you win, it'll be deserved. And even if we had our full squad available, it would still be a 50/50 tie at best.

I'm already mentally preparing myself to root for you guys in the final against Real. If Juve makes it, I'll be rooting for them ;)

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Really , exept pouyol and masc who was injured???
How can any barca fan compare that with this situation?

5aeuir.jpg

And Kroos was also injured!!
Perhaps It isn't the same case but it's similar in that I remember a very weakened Barca side. I can't tell u exactly who was injured cus i can't remember i do believe Messi was gone for the away leg. I certainly remember a Barca side which was weakened especially on the emotional side with Abidal and our coach fighting cancer.

F

forcabarca

We couldn't physically match Bayern in 2013, all the players were out of gas. A few injured players plus Tito fighting cancer.

mehdimike

The diffrence is that bayern's squad is also much stronger than Barca in 2013.
And this point ,creates a big question for me!

If bayern be injury free team,how could they choose the 18 player list?!:wacko:

1-Neuer 2-Reina 3-Dante 4-Benatia 5-Martínez 6-Rafinha 7-Dante 8-Boateng 9-Bernat 10-Lahm
11-Alaba 12-Badstuber 13-Alonso 14-Thiago 15-Ribéry 16-Robben 17-Götze 18-Rode 19-Müller 20-Schweinsteiger 21-Lewandowski

and i don't count 22-Gaudino 23-Weiser 24-Pizarro and 25-Shaqiri who joined inter!

Leo_Messi

Villa, Puyol, Mascherano were out and Xavi was playing on painkillers, Busquets had problems with his hernia and Messi was struggling with an muscle injury that occurred against PSG in the first leg that season. He was barely fit. Much like David Luiz against us recently. Most of those players above missed the return leg too.

Moreover Tito was struggling with cancer and so was Abidal.

The situations are very comparable no matter what the Bayern fans here say.

mehdimike

Villa, Puyol, Mascherano were out and Xavi was playing on painkillers, Busquets had problems with his hernia and Messi was struggling with an muscle injury that occurred against PSG in the first leg that season. He was barely fit. Much like David Luiz against us recently. Most of those players above missed the return leg too.

Villa wasn't out!

And if u wanna also count minor injuries,so let's do it together!

Robben , Badstuber , Alaba , Lewandowski , out

Ribbery, Martínez , Pizarro totally unfit

Also Benatia Lahm Boateng Schweinsteiger Thiago came back from injuries less than a 3 Weeks.

Patricho

The only ones who were out were Puyol and Mascherano. Messi was clearly unfit, I will give you that much. Everything else you claim is either factually wrong or backed up by ZERO evidence. I still remember those claims, and they turned out to be nothing more than rumours. I might as well claim that Thiago, Alonso, or Boateng have been playing with painkillers. That statement is just as valid as yours.

Our situations are nothing alike. You don't need to get your panties in a twist, just because some people might discredit your beloved Barca's very likely victory against us because of our injuries. You won't hear it from me. I just think it's a shame that so many players are injured in what could have been an epic tie.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

Wow Bayern unlucky with injuries this season. It's a shame but it happens. We've been blessed this season to have very few injuries. Part of that is credit to Luis Enrique for intelligent rotating.

StarLord

I'm pretty sure we'll field the following players:

Neuer - Rafinha, Benatia, Boateng, Lahm - Xabi Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Thiago - Götze, Müller, Bernat

It might be in a different formation, but I'm sure it will be those players. I'd be surprised if Weiser plays, let alone Martinez, who hasn't played yet after his injury. Winning the tie against Barca would be a miracle at this stage. Tbh, as long as we put up a good fight and don't get slaughtered I'd be happy. We are simply cursed this season.

And, please guys don't even try to compare our situation to Barca's in 2013. It's nothing alike. Can't even be compared. I'm not even trying to discredit your eventual victory against us. If you win, it'll be deserved. And even if we had our full squad available, it would still be a 50/50 tie at best.

I'm already mentally preparing myself to root for you guys in the final against Real. If Juve makes it, I'll be rooting for them ;)

That is still a very good team, and you could park the bus, play on the counter etc. It is not over by any means. In fact the odds for the tie only changed a little bit (from 3.55 for Bayern to win the thing, to 3.7)

Plus, Lewandowski may in fact play. Ribery might even play. So, who knows? In any case, and as good as Robben is, he is not as crucial as Messi is for us, nor is he nearly as good. You also have a bigger squad than we do.

So, Robben is the only grave absence for Bayern in my mind. He is someone they cannot really replace. Alaba is great, but Bernat is good as well, a LB is not that crucial anyway. Ribery is a big name in football, but either way he is getting old, he is not the layer of 5 or even 2 years ago. I am not saying he will not be missed but he is not as crucial anymore.

And yes, we would be the favorites even if Bayern had zero injuries, not massive favorites for that matter, but favorites nevertheless.

DrPepper

:lol: @ people thinking Guardiola might park the bus. He has never done that and never will. Most probably confuse "parking the bus" with being more cautious.

Home of Barca Fans