Bayern München

Icarium

Lifestealer
Guys don't even try to discredit bayern for their 2013 win against us. And i would say the same thing to bayern fans, don't feel like you are the freaking underdogs. It is still even match, maybe 51-19 in favor of barca with robben out. Remember psg beat chelsea with 10 men, the reason they did because they had solid defense. Bayern has a solid defense and they can try to stop MSN, then they will have a chance. Except Robben you will not miss anyone, your squad is good enough to place a starting 11 of the same strength.

All depends on our strikers, if they have a good day we could easily beat heynckes bayern. It is one of the football best trio's. Messi and Suarez at peak, neymar almost reaching there. It might be better than messi-henry-eto.. Henry was already past his peak form when he reached barca. Eto was good, as good as suarez and maybe better. You can't even compare current messi form to the 2009 messi. This messi is better in every way.

I

instinct

You shouldn't underestimate Alaba's importance for Bayern. He is a key player for them.

Patricho

That is still a very good team, and you could park the bus, play on the counter etc. It is not over by any means. In fact the odds for the tie only changed a little bit (from 3.55 for Bayern to win the thing, to 3.7)

Plus, Lewandowski may in fact play. Ribery might even play. So, who knows? In any case, and as good as Robben is, he is not as crucial as Messi is for us, nor is he nearly as good. You also have a bigger squad than we do.

So, Robben is the only grave absence for Bayern in my mind. He is someone they cannot really replace. Alaba is great, but Bernat is good as well, a LB is not that crucial anyway. Ribery is a big name in football, but either way he is getting old, he is not the layer of 5 or even 2 years ago. I am not saying he will not be missed but he is not as crucial anymore.

And yes, we would be the favorites even if Bayern had zero injuries, not massive favorites for that matter, but favorites nevertheless.

Yeah, parking the bus has now become a serious option for us I reckon. Not sure if it's the best recipe against Barca, though. Letting MSN do their thing around our box is a scary thought.

If Lewandowski could play, that would be great, even if he was handicapped by a mask. I'd be be really surprised if ribery plays though. He hasn't been seen training at all since his injury. But you're underestimating his importance for us. Every time he played this season, he has been one of our best players. We need players that can beat players off the dribble. We only have Ribery and Robben for that. Both out is arguably as big a blow as an absence of Messi would be for Barca.

Bernat is not replacing Alaba. They've always stood together on the pitch when they were fit. Rather Alaba often played a hybrid left center back/midfield role for us. I would argue after Robben, Alaba'so injury is the most crucial one.

In any case, those are not excuses. Injuries are part of football. Years later nobody except the most hardcore football fans will even remember any of those injuries. All I hope for is that this tie won't be decided after the first leg, so that I can look forward to the return leg.

Patricho

You shouldn't underestimate Alaba's importance for Bayern. He is a key player for them.

Exactly. He's always been one of our most important players ever since he took that LB spot. However, now in his new role under Pep, Alaba is vital in so many aspects of our game, it's crazy. His injury also means that we're now pretty limited in our possible formations, whereas with him on the pitch, we were able to mix it up not only from one game to another but also during a game. In one game he would switch from center back, to central midfield, to left back and even wide forward.

Devils

Time to put them to sword.

Don't really care about their misfortunes or whatever the hell is going on internally at their club with their players and staff. Not of importance to me.

I want the Nou Camp to become their execution chamber next week. Get em.

Patricho

What will Bayern's line up look like?

You'll never know with Pep. Pep is so unpredictable with his formations, it wouldn't surprise me if we see Martinez as a striker, getting long balls as service, as we had seen in the game against Chelsea or Dortmund. In fact, it would be hilarious in our current situation. Very unlikely though.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Time to put them to sword.

Don't really care about their misfortunes or whatever the hell is going on internally at their club with their players and staff. Not of importance to me.

I want the Nou Camp to become their execution chamber next week. Get em.

I like your style man. They were the same the other way round so let's not show them any mercy either.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
This was the Barca squad for the 2nd leg of that tie. No doubt that Barca squad was depleted.

CDw1x2RWEAANkBw.jpg:large

Patricho

:lol: this forum is hilarious. Everybody is trying so hard.

I know 2013 was painful for you. Every club has its share of painful memories. But this is getting silly. The tie was over after the first leg. Why would Barca risk Messi have another injury in what was already a dead rubber game?

StarLord

:lol: this forum is hilarious. Everybody is trying so hard.

I know 2013 was painful for you. Every club has its share of painful memories. But this is getting silly. The tie was over after the first leg. Why would Barca risk Messi have another injury in what was already a dead rubber game?

Yes, the tie was a dead rubber after your 3 first goals in the first leg that should never have counted.

Home of Barca Fans