Bayern München

StarLord

This was the Barca squad for the 2nd leg of that tie. No doubt that Barca squad was depleted.

CDw1x2RWEAANkBw.jpg:large

My God!

Cesc as number "9", along with washed-up Villa and Pedro. Song (!) in midfield. Bartra-Adriano in defense! Jesus, it was a good result to lose 3-0 in that game now that I come to think of it.

Edit: my memory has largely blocked out that 2nd leg since it was a dead-rubber and such a bad result.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Some guys reveal true class in the light of the misfortune of others. I'm impressed. NOT.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
:lol: this forum is hilarious. Everybody is trying so hard.

I know 2013 was painful for you. Every club has its share of painful memories. But this is getting silly. The tie was over after the first leg. Why would Barca risk Messi have another injury in what was already a dead rubber game?

No sillier than your unwillingness to understand that tie had Barcelona team that was struggling with injuries, fitness and illness all through both games. Busquets played the first leg with a hernia, couldn't play in the 2nd leg. Messi played the first leg essentially on one leg, couldn't play the second. Xavi was struggling with his tendinitis and played in pain. Had a 20 year old CB because Puyol and Mascherano both were out. Tito Villanova was friggin dying of cancer for pete's sake.

There are plenty of parallels between that Barca season and this Bayern season, except I think Bayern has been hit even harder with the injury bug this season. However, current Bayern is significantly deeper than that Barca team and way less dependent on a single player. The moment Messi got injured that Barca team was done. Heck, they needed a one-legged Messi to squeeze them through PSG, at home.

Last edited:
L

linetty

:lol: this forum is hilarious. Everybody is trying so hard.

I know 2013 was painful for you. Every club has its share of painful memories. But this is getting silly. The tie was over after the first leg. Why would Barca risk Messi have another injury in what was already a dead rubber game?
You're right. But we will have our revenge this time around.

StarLord

Some guys reveal true class in the light of the misfortune of others. I'm impressed. NOT.

There are 3 types of Barca fans here:

1) A minority that is pleased with your injuries. I disagree.

2) Those who say that this is a good chance for revenge. I disagree.

3) Those who say that it's better to face a full-strength Bayern so that if we win it will be hailed as triumph, and if we lose it will not be an embarrassment. I am more on this camp.

For me, all this revenge talk is so much BS. You play for the CL, nothing more is required. The fact that Bayern beat us with a ridiculous scoreline a few years back was a freak occurrence and should not make us lose our focus or cool. Every game is different, and we have no special rivalry or animosity with Bayern. The only bad thing I have to say about Bayern is that some of your fans have been arrogant (even more so than us in the past) and annoying recently.

StarLord

Why only 3? All 4 shouldn't have counted. If you're wumming, you gotta go all the way ;)

1) First goal was a foul on Alves. It was not 100% a foul, but I would say, 80% a foul. It should have been disallowed imo.

2) Second goal, clear off-side. Not by a big margin, but still clearly offside.

3) The third goal is one of those mysteries in the annals of football. I still can't fathom how that shit ever counted as a goal in a CL semi. It was also the goal that killed the tie 100%.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Time to put them to sword.

Don't really care about their misfortunes or whatever the hell is going on internally at their club with their players and staff. Not of importance to me.

I want the Nou Camp to become their execution chamber next week. Get em.

Yes please, revenge will be sweet

Patricho

No sillier than your unwillingness to understand that tie had Barcelona team that was struggling with injuries, fitness and illness all through both games. Busquets played the first leg with a hernia, couldn't play in the 2nd leg. Messi played the first leg essentially on one leg, couldn't play the second. Xavi was struggling with his tendinitis and played in pain. Had a 20 year old CB because Puyol and Mascherano both were out. Tito Villanova was friggin dying of cancer for pete's sake.

There are plenty of parallels between that Barca season and this Bayern season, except I think Bayern has been hit even harder with the injury bug this season. However, current Bayern is significantly deeper than that Barca team and way less dependent on a single player. The moment Messi got injured that Barca team was done. Heck, they needed a one-legged Messi to squeeze them through PSG, at home.

I've never denied the fact that Puyol and Mascherano were out, Messi was clearly unfit, and Tito was battling with cancer, with especially the latter being a tragedy. But what you essentially did was posting the lineup for the return leg, after Bayern had already decided the tie. What relevance does the Barca lineup in the second leg have?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I've never denied the fact that Puyol and Mascherano were out, Messi was clearly unfit, and Tito was battling with cancer, with especially the latter being a tragedy. But what you essentially did was posting the lineup for the return leg, after Bayern had already decided the tie. What relevance does the Barca lineup in the second leg have?

Because it showed how depleted and thin the squad was, and how many players were missing due to injury.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You, certainly should not be talking about class.

Just saying.

Because I suspected a troll of being an inside job made by a bored Barca fan? :D :D

I sure as shit would never come up with something like this if positions were reversed:

Originally Posted by Mehssi View Post
We've been through hell for 2years (ongoing) explaining the miserable state barça was in for that SF, not only to arrogant mocking Bayern fans, but RM fans too, so trust me, if we do trash Bayern, i'll be everywhere, and quoting the aggregate score of course not one game and I hope it's 7-0 or even more

I honestly don't care about Bayern, (...), so our odds for a good win increased, and history never remembers the context, only the result, we learned that the hard way, now time for some payback.

Home of Barca Fans