Bayern München

Yannik

Because it showed how depleted and thin the squad was, and how many players were missing due to injury.

Many players in the 2nd leg have been rested simply because the tie was over. That is indeed a pretty different thing than the squad they fielded in the first leg. Also Alba for example was missing because f his own mistake (ball thrown into Robbens face).
If Barca had managed to go up 2-0 at halftime in Camp Nou, then the first thing Barca would have done is bringing on Messi again, because it is possible again.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Because I suspected a troll of being an inside job made by a bored Barca fan? :D :D

I sure as shit would never come up with something like this if positions were reversed:

Call me whatever you want, but I really don't feel sentimental towards Bayern fans on this one, way too many reasons not to :)

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Many players in the 2nd leg have been rested simply because the tie was over. That is indeed a pretty different thing than the squad they fielded in the first leg. Also Alba for example was missing because f his own mistake (ball thrown into Robbens face).

If Barcelona had a full strength squad, they would have played a full strength squad. They didn't because they couldn't. Not only was there a matter of pride involved, but there is the fact that if any team is capable of overcoming a big deficit, it is certainly Barcelona, specially at Camp Nou. After all, that very same UCL campaign they overcame a 2-0 deficit by scoring 4 times at home. Not saying it would have happened, just that if they could have, they most definitely would have tried.

Fact of the matter is they played the first leg with certain players in tatters and they just broke for the second. The lineup posted not only shows all the players missing because they were unable to play, not because they had given up, but also shows the sorry depth of the squad that had to field that front-line and that defense to attempt to overcome a big deficit.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Call me whatever you want, but I really don't feel sentimental towards Bayern fans on this one, way too many reasons not to :)

I didn't call you anything. ;)

Dude, I'm literally heart-broken over this wasted opportunity of seeing the clash of titans and the fact that two of our three best players (offense) are missing thanks to a fucking referee (at least indirectly). Ribery will also most likely be out, but I cannot blame Gagelmann for it. So... Reading that Lewa not only suffered a concussion, but also a broken jaw and nose while the offender simply got away with it, made my blood boil. Even in the frikkin UFC that attack would have been illegal ffs.
Anyways, celebrate all you want after defeating Bayern, but then better make damn-sure that you don't crown Real the first back2back CL-Champion. I think I might quit football for good if I were to experience such horror. :D :D

StarLord

fair point, those goals shouldnt have counted, but at that point you should also mention that Bayern had 2 pens denied (and an additional one that was debatable)

Not every handball is a penaldo mate (unless you are RM in La Liga) it has to be definitely deliberate.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: @ people thinking Guardiola might park the bus. He has never done that and never will. Most probably confuse "parking the bus" with being more cautious.

He did kind of parked the bus in their league game against BVB at Signal Iduna Park which featured only two attacking players out of the starting XI and they purposely gave up possession to let BVB have the ball.

Icarium

Lifestealer
No treble chance for bayern at least, now only juve and barca remain in search for the holy treble. I honestly don't think juve could do it, barca have a chance. Put thing to do is put 4 goals behind neuer in camp nou and then sit back or pass them to death in alianz arena.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Erf, I'd rather we lose to Bayern than go through only to lose to Madrid, the pain it would cause me is not even on the same scale..

However, i'm pretty confident we'd beat them (how sweet would that be, in the mother of all clasicos), both Clasico's this year were not against the best 11 barça.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Real-Barca ucl final will be on the level of world cup final. Biggest fixture i will ever witness no doubt about it. I hope it happens and i hope we beat them.

skn02

Not every handball is a penaldo mate (unless you are RM in La Liga) it has to be definitely deliberate.

Bayern was probably better than Barca in 2013 in full strength due to the over reliant on Messi plus the decline of Xavi/puyol. However, the scoreline was highly misleading due to injuries(best player in messi and best defender in Masche), messed up situation in the whole Barca organization and the ridiculous decisions by the referee. Hell, Barca completely gave up after first leg and look at the team barca fielded for the 2nd leg. One thing for sure, Bayern was not 7-0 better than Barca. Justice must be served and we shall see what happens in our upcoming games vs Bayern.

Last edited:

skn02

I didn't call you anything. ;)

Dude, I'm literally heart-broken over this wasted opportunity of seeing the clash of titans and the fact that two of our three best players (offense) are missing thanks to a fucking referee (at least indirectly). Ribery will also most likely be out, but I cannot blame Gagelmann for it. So... Reading that Lewa not only suffered a concussion, but also a broken jaw and nose while the offender simply got away with it, made my blood boil. Even in the frikkin UFC that attack would have been illegal ffs.
Anyways, celebrate all you want after defeating Bayern, but then better make damn-sure that you don't crown Real the first back2back CL-Champion. I think I might quit football for good if I were to experience such horror. :D :D

What makes you hate RM that much??? Was it because of the constant mocking from RM fans after that embarrassing last year 5-0 in aggregate to RM???? If so, then you wonder why some of the Barca fans hate Bayern for the same reason. If not for this reason, then ok.

Home of Barca Fans