Bayern München

KingLeo10

Well, Messi would have been my Ribery substitute :p Ribery doesn't have any form to speak of atm, since it feels like he's been injured 2/3 of the time this season (which might very well actually be the case if someone would bother enough to look it up).

Okay, if I really would be able to choose a starting all-star eleven that would also make sense, also in respect to how much time these players have left in their careers, I'd go along with that formation:

________________Neuer_____________________
Lahm____Boateng______Badstuber/Benatia_Alaba
___________Martinez_Thiago_________________
Robben__________Messi_______________Neymar
________________Lewa_____________________

lol lewandowski before suarez. absolute lol.

skn02

Well, Messi would have been my Ribery substitute :p Ribery doesn't have any form to speak of atm, since it feels like he's been injured 2/3 of the time this season (which might very well actually be the case if someone would bother enough to look it up).

Okay, if I really would be able to choose a starting all-star eleven that would also make sense, also in respect to how much time these players have left in their careers, I'd go along with that formation:

________________Neuer_____________________
Lahm____Boateng______Badstuber/Benatia_Alaba
___________Martinez_Thiago_________________
Robben__________Messi_______________Neymar
________________Lewa_____________________

Messi would have been your Ribery substitute? Wow, just wow, what kinda horseshit is that lol. I hope you meant the other way around, Ribery as the substitute for Messi. One can have their own opinion and preference but really? I'm speechless. Messi is pep's favorite player of all time, and he has hailed Messi as the GOAT time and time again. Also, Lewandowski over Suarez?? Wow really?? You can argue about Neymar or Robben and I may prefer Robben right now over Neymar at the moment. Busquets is another easy first choice starting 11 for Pep. Iniesta is declining but he'll still ease in as a starting 11 player.

__________________________________________Neuer(Bravo sub)____________________________
Lahm(Alves Sub)_______Boateng(Badstuber sub)_____________Pique(Banatia Sub)_________Alaba(Alba Sub)
__________________________________________Busquets(Alonso Sub)____________________________
____________________schweinsteiger(Rakitic sub)_______________________Iniesta(Thiago sub)____________
Messi(Robben Sub)_________________________Suarez(Lewandowski sub)_______________Neymar (Ribery sub)

DrPepper

Pls guys. As if Pep would play Lahm at RB. Obviously Alves is the one and only choice there. :coffee:

He did kind of parked the bus in their league game against BVB at Signal Iduna Park which featured only two attacking players out of the starting XI and they purposely gave up possession to let BVB have the ball.

They didn't really have much of a choice in terms of starting lineup. And still Bayern edged possession, although narrowly. I don't know if I can call that "parking the bus". Did Dortmund park the bus too? They had less of the ball.

It's an interpretation thing anyway but for me parking the bus means giving the ball back to the opposition whenever they win it back. Something teams do in the last 10 minutes to defend a result. Or in other words: All teams that play at the Camp Nou. :p

Boateng-Pique? why? Pique-Benatia is the better combination.

No.

Did pep ever lose possession battle?

No.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I reckon busquets is better than Martinez. And pique should be in that team.

Well, that certainly depends. Do I want more of a regista or do I want a destroyer who is still very much capable of passing the ball accurately and quickly? Also, as 2013 showed (not just referring to that particular semi in specific), I think Martinez is more resistant to being pressed.
However, it's rather speculative anyways since Pep never really considered to play Martinez as defensive part of a double CM, like Jupp did. But when Jupp did it, Martinez was an absolute titan for us, don't forget that.
Also, even many of you said that Busquets had declined quite a bit. ;) Also again, I'm quite a bit biased towards certain players. :lol:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I didn't think he declined at all, just off form and playing in strange tactical setups which made him look bad. I prefer busuqets because I just think he is all round better tactical player and very good on the ball, though I can understand why you picked Martinez if your team was playing that Jupp football. That's also why you picked lewandowski I guess.

DrPepper

Don't think Martinez is really more pressing-resistant than Busquets. Why not have both though.

Neuer
Lahm Boateng Pique Alaba
Martinez Busquets
Robben Messi Neymar
Suarez​

G

Gasgas

Don't think Martinez is really more pressing-resistant than Busquets. Why not have both though.

Neuer
Lahm Boateng Pique Alaba
Martinez Busquets
Robben Messi Neymar
Suarez​

Gasgas agrees withthat formatin

G

Gasgas

Neuer
Lahm Boateng Pique Alaba
Martinez Busquets
Robben Messi Neymar
Suarez​

You are now team pogba :amazed:
Welcome to the party bro :wave: :antonella:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I didn't think he declined at all, just off form and playing in strange tactical setups which made him look bad. I prefer busuqets because I just think he is all round better tactical player and very good on the ball, though I can understand why you picked Martinez if your team was playing that Jupp football. That's also why you picked lewandowski I guess.

Yes, exactly. If one wanted to go for a purely offensive loadout so to speak, Suare is much more of a weapon and posesses even better skills. I'm not stupid, I'm very much aware. :lol:
But Lewa offers more option if you want to break down a team, physically as well as mentally. Although Mandzukic is even better suited for that kind of work. But he lacks too many other qualities Lewa also posesses.

Well, for Pep, Busquets would be the prototype of the player he needs. He is the archetype regista, as I said. Martinez is much more of a workhorse, similar to Gattuso, if played right, but better in almost all aspects of the game. I still believe that every well-run team needs one of this type of player. Jupp thought so too apparently, as he specifically requested Martinez and nobody else as the missing piece to help Bayern to the next level.

Home of Barca Fans