Bayern München

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You are taking away from Barca's win because you are suggesting that Bayern were at far lower than 100% when we faced them. Of course, that is partly (but only partly correct) They were missing one crucial player in our tie (Robben) as I think that Ribery is well past it, and Alaba is not really very decisive or a match winner.

Otherwise, everything else favored Bayern. Their league is won before it starts, hence they can prepare for CL fixtures at their hearts' contend.

Also, do not forget that Bayern with all their top players, could not beat Shaktar away from home, the game ending 0-0.

Well, they were... :pep: no matter which way you try to twist it. Credit has been given to Barca, but don't try to make it look any other than Bayern rose to the occassion even if the odds were clealy against them, yet they came up short as one could expect given the circumstances and Barca's current strength..

StarLord

Well, they were... :pep: no matter which way you try to twist it. Credit has been given to Barca, but don't try to make it look any other than Bayern rose to the occassion even if the odds were clealy against them, yet they came up short as one could expect given the circumstances and Barca's current strength..

Ribery, Robben and Alaba all played against Shaktar away. What was the result? They also played vs Real Madrid last year. What were the results back then?

Moreover, we have an entire season-load of results from both Bayern and Barca. Who comes out on top in your opinion?

If you want to have a serious discussion with me, please answer all three of the above questions.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Lol! United fans living in cuckoo world thinking they can buy müller. First off he isn't going anywhere and if he did he's worth at least 60 million.

And he's miles better than wooneh

StarLord

You most likely did not even watch the match. You are not allowed an opinion on said match. Also, apples and oranges.

My point is that those guys playing does not equal that Bayern automatically win, even against teams far lesser than Barcelona. Bayern have been flattering to deceive for two seasons now. Still a proper top side, but they have their weaknesses and can definitely be defeated by us or Real Madrid, Robbery or no Robbery.

I would also say this. You have played your best games of the season against us. In both legs. Those were your best games of the season, but were not good enough because of the opposition, nothing more or less. If you have any better games from this season, or last for that matter, please list them for me.

Moreover, like I told you a million times before, Robben was the only substantial absence. As for Ribery, you can stick a fork in him, he is done. If you are an objective (and not a sentimental) fan you will acknowledge the correctness of my words this coming season.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Moreover, like I told you a million times before, Robben was the only substantial absence. As for Ribery, you can stick a fork in him, he is done. If you are an objective (and not a sentimental) fan you will acknowledge the correctness of my words this coming season.

You can say it a thousand times, still doesn't make it any less utter horseshit.

Bernat commit crucial errors that directly or indirectly led to 3 (!) goals against Barca, especially the first and second of the series. Alaba would most likely not have committed these same mistakes.

Claiming Ribery is done when he has played a fairly good season (when fit, though that obviously was a problem), which was proven to you by other users here with actual statistics, is equally disrespectful and outright incorrect.

And yes, as I admitted several times before, even at 100%, Bayern could still have gone out against a 100% Barca this season. Even a blind man could have seen however, that the chances would have been much better to avoid such fate.

JamDav1982

You can say it a thousand times, still doesn't make it any less utter horseshit.

Bernat commit crucial errors that directly or indirectly led to 3 (!) goals against Barca, especially the first and second of the series. Alaba would most likely not have committed these same mistakes.

Claiming Ribery is done when he has played a fairly good season (when fit, though that obviously was a problem), which was proven to you by other users here with actual statistics, is equally disrespectful and outright incorrect.

And yes, as I admitted several times before, even at 100%, Bayern could still have gone out against a 100% Barca this season. Even a blind man could have seen however, that the chances would have been much better to avoid such fate.

Bernat would have played even if Alaba was fit though would he not?

Thought Alaba had barely played LB this season.

Also you are acting like Bernat handed Barca two goals which wasnt the case, there was still a lot to do after he gave ball away.

Trying to break down the Barca goals and pin them on Bernat is unfair and others like Benatia and Boateng were terrible across the two legs.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Trying to break down the Barca goals and pin them on Bernat is unfair

The entire situation which led to the first goal, was the result of Bernat's mistake. I don't know what is unfair to remind you guys what happened.
The second goal, he didn't attack Messi leaving Boateng exposed who looked a fool.
Second goal, second leg, he and Schweinsteiger don't attack Messi, who consequentially has more than enough time to look for Suarez and pass it perfectly, leaving Benatia exposed, also looking like a fool.

And you say "unfair"? lol.

In short, Bernat was clearly out of his depth against Barca. Alaba, most likely, would not have been out of his depth if played as LB, which also cannot be considered unlikely given how Pep chose a more defensive approach anyways, leaving no space for Alaba in midfield.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

You don't know much about LVG or even football, don't you? :lol:
So what did I get wrong? Is Muller brilliant technically? We need brilliant dribblers on the wings to make this possession system work because we're just too predictable and Muller is not the solution.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

So what did I get wrong? Is Muller brilliant technically? We need brilliant dribblers on the wings to make this possession system work because we're just too predictable and Muller is not the solution.

You didn't say brilliant technically before, did you? Müller's far from being without technique though, his is rather oblique in nature, very unconventional and that is what makes him dangerous. And obviously you forgot that LVG DID coach Bayern and gave them the possession focus. He was also Müller's biggest proponent. There is a famous LVG quote in Germany: "With me at the helm, Müller will always play" (and that was when Müller was largely unknown in the world of football).
To think that LVG doesn't still have the hots for Müller and even more funny, that Müller is not suited for possession football (you do remember that Bayern since LVG has never really played anything else?) seems very naive to me.

Last edited:

Yannik

Absolutely impossible imagining Müller in any other shirt then the Bayern one. A transfer like this will probably never happen. The possibility of him wanting to move is as likely as the possibility of Bayern wanting to sell him. Non-existent.

Home of Barca Fans