Bojan Krkic

Trequartista

The good
Shite in the air, can't hold up the ball and gets easily bullied off by stronger defenders. With him we'll have the same prob when facing stubborn, physical sides who adopt a well-drilled ultra-defensive approach. And with the new emerging crop of defenders two times his size, more athletic, agile, he will have to work both on his physical and mental game to establish himself amongst the best.
What Barca needs is a complete and versatile CF for the future. One who can offer us options upfront. A poacher or a targetman when called upon and efficient in both roles. Bojan isn't that.
(I do remember the Inter goal or the chance he missed against Chelsea but in both instances he came as a sub in the dying mins and surprised a tiring defense with his movement...Throw him from the start in such games, he'll prove inadequate)

That makes me feel that he will not be a CF,he is too weak for this position,he maybe be a good Second striker in 4-4-2 formation because he will be free to move but a CF,I dont think that he will be good there.

Eto'o isn't a greater header nor a targetman, but he was the best striker we had in the past decade...someone else had a bright idea about getting rid of a prolific striker and bringing in a tall, physical striker and now we're stuck with Ibra...

Eto'o was converted to a RW by the best manager in the world,thats say something.

Trequartista

The good
I have this feeling he's not really ever gonna live up to all the hype...
like he's the Theo Walcott of Barcelona.

He seems a bit "soft" to me in terms of character...
and of course he's the pretty boy all the girls love...

no,we cant say that he will not live up with the hype because of one match especially considering that he played out of position,he played well last season and he showed that he can play as a man whom we can trust but the problem with him is that we are waiting for a break out season,we made a huge fault when we promoted him too early so every season and he didnt develop into a world beater at 18-19 like Messi, so every season he is the player who suffers from pressure ,the break-out season is coming but sure it wont be this season.
a pretty boy?I dont know.

tonio7

no,we cant say that he will not live up with the hype because of one match especially considering that he played out of position,he played well last season and he showed that he can play as a man whom we can trust but the problem with him is that we are waiting for a break out season,we made a huge fault when we promoted him too early so every season and he didnt develop into a world beater at 18-19 like Messi, so every season he is the player who suffers from pressure ,the break-out season is coming but sure it wont be this season.
a pretty boy?I dont know.

I'm speaking in general, not for one game ;)

XaviMessiGirl

It's kinda silly how everyone praises him when he's doing well, and say he should start in front of Ibra etc, but he sucks during one match and everyone thinks he's never gonna be Barca material. What? When the season starts and he gets out of his slump and is played in a position which suits him, 90% of you will all love him again. I still have faith in him, he could easily pull a Pedro, and if he plays enough I can see him scoring ~20 goals this season. I'm giving him at least 2 more seasons before making a final judgment on him.

and of course he's the pretty boy all the girls love...

That's something I have never heard :lol: He looks too much like a kid to me, nothing wrong with that but he's not someone I find attractive. :p

Galning

That's something I have never heard :lol: He looks too much like a kid to me, nothing wrong with that but he's not someone I find attractive. :p

That's because you're too old (I know sounds stupid when your only in your 20's)
But most teenage girls from 14-18 like Bojan :p

By the way, Bojan is the king. Don't be so harsh on the kid. He was unbelievable last season and one of the reasons we won La Lliga.

XaviMessiGirl

That's because you're too old (I know sounds stupid when your only in your 20's)
But most teenage girls from 14-18 like Bojan :p

By the way, Bojan is the king. Don't be so harsh on the kid. He was unbelievable last season and one of the reasons we won La Lliga.

Haha I guess I just don't really talk to any 15 year old girls about football so I don't hear all that :p

And I agree, stop hatin'. Although my feelings about Ibra are always up-down too so I shouldn't say anything.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
It's kinda silly how everyone praises him when he's doing well, and say he should start in front of Ibra etc, but he sucks during one match and everyone thinks he's never gonna be Barca material. What? When the season starts and he gets out of his slump and is played in a position which suits him, 90% of you will all love him again. I still have faith in him, he could easily pull a Pedro, and if he plays enough I can see him scoring ~20 goals this season. I'm giving him at least 2 more seasons before making a final judgment on him.

Great post.

I'm not talking about the attacking La Liga sides

But if the majority of games that we play he scores (Hypothetically) and struggles against big physical opponnents, buy a targetman back up, and use Bojan wheen they are tired. (Inter match is a good example.)
Xavi, Messi, Pedro etc all struggled against chelseea and Inter, dyu want to gett rid of them? for more physical playeers?

Barca needs a physically gifted, dynamic, versatile centre forward for the future. One who offers us both plan A and B. He could work on his strength but that won't not make him a great header of the ball or a targetman.

He will still be a great Finisher.
and what you are looking for is the Complete CF, which you are very rarely, if ever going to find.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans