Bojan Krkic

Co0ter

I also found it funny how some said they prefer him to Ibra hands down, then he has one bad game and now he's gonna be a failure lolz He's still only turning 20 this month, just b/c every youth out of our academy isn't an instant player of the decade like Messi doesn't mean they can't develop into a solid, world class player.

I do fear however Bojan will never be a typical CF for us. He bulked up a little bit but he's still short and just doesn't have that ferocity/strength to fight off defenders or the dexerity that allows Messi to do so. At 20, he will still develop a little bit, especially if he hits the weights or has a late early 20 spurt ( .5-1inch). However he still has all the potential in the world to play as a Left Winger imo. If anyone paid attention last year most of his best games, loaded with assists, came from him attacking from the left.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
2010-08-18_ENTRENO_41.JPG

He looks like a mini-Hulk.

The kid has seriously buffed up since last season. The problem mainly is that he'll have to adapt playing with that extra muscle a bit, which is a tiny piece of information many seem to forget. Hope he'll get in proper shape and get used to his extra weight in no time.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Bojan can be very very influential this season if Pep plays him right. If Ibra stays and performs, he should of course start - but instead of ration his powers, he should go all out and be more mobile. This would have two effects, first of all we will get our mobile CF and second the opponents defenders will get tired. We all know that Ibra can't run around for 90+ minutes, this will give Bojan opportunities.
Anyway, looking forward to see him develop more this season.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
IDK how he's going to start when Villa and Bojan seem to me like carbon copies.

They are not carbon copies, Villa is a much better playmaker than Bojan is and can play on the left (which Bojan can't). But Villa will not play on the left like Henry or Pedro, he's much more mobile and we will see a different system this season (if Ibra stays). But I have no problems with a Villa-Bojan-Messi formation.

Co0ter

Quote from my earlier post- "However he still has all the potential in the world to play as a Left Winger imo. If anyone paid attention last year most of his best games, loaded with assists, came from him attacking from the left. "

I don't have a clue why you think Bojan can't play as a LW, some of his best performances (and he didn't play much this year) came from him playing/attacking from the left. If anything when he was played in the middle he got shoved around and didn't do much.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Actually no, some of his worst performances came from left...he scored like 7-8 goals towards the end of the season playing in the center.

Last edited:

Co0ter

I remember two games where in one he had 3 assists and the other 2 assists, both playing/attacking from the LW. He only had a couple of goals playing there but he didn't really play much (long time in between games) until the end of the season.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Don't know sunny. It's not really his fault that he has been hyped more than anything else coming out of our academy at such a young age, or that's how I feel about at least.

Given how Pep only played him during the last part of the season, with Villa ahead of him, I would say he might want to wait 2 seasons to judge him properly.

I really hope he'd make it though.

Home of Barca Fans