Bojan Krkic

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Ibra fans generally hate Bojan, they can't stand the fact that a 19 year old was the one that benched their deity.

who are you guys talking about? not me right? because I know I post a lot in other threads

I think he was talking about Stins

Barcafan 2304

Of course not you guys. I've been very specific. They only post there and they bash Pep and Barca players. Ibraftw is also camped there but he is a nice guy with no bad bone in him. It's the guys who come here to cause trouble.
Not many are left thankfully as they must have fecked off to Milan forum.

Lol, sorry mate, I know. Was just joking about myself. I really do spen to much time on the compy. Jeez, I lead a sad life.

tonio7

Of course not you guys. I've been very specific. They only post there and they bash Pep and Barca players. Ibraftw is also camped there but he is a nice guy with no bad bone in him. It's the guys who come here to cause trouble.
Not many are left thankfully as they must have fecked off to Milan forum.

one guy, or girl, even admitted they would leave to go to a Milan forum...

tonio7

anyhow, did anyone see him with the U-21s?
here's an example of how he needs to mature as a person, 1st and foremost: Spain gets a penalty awarded, what does he do? starts joking and laughing with his mates and at the time of taking the penalty he's wasted his time joking that he doesn't concentrate and straight forward shows the keeper where he's gonna shoot...
and this a game that counts!

gilipolla...

XaviMessiGirl

I'm not blaming Bojan at all, singling him out when the entire team had a poor outing is not an accurate assessment of him, especially so early in the season. Hope he gets his confidence up and proves he deserves the #9, I like the kid and want him to be successful.

Also, damnit I have 221 posts in the Ibra thread! :( :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not blaming Bojan at all, singling him out when the entire team had a poor outing is not an accurate assessment of him, especially so early in the season. Hope he gets his confidence up and proves he deserves the #9, I like the kid and want him to be successful.

You summed it up perfectly Lindsay.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
You summed it up perfectly Lindsay.

Blaming Bojan would be ridiculous, the midfield and defense lost us the match. But Bojan is showing a remarkable lack of composure, and it is worrying. He hasn't done a thing right since given #9.

Tomchin

Blaming Bojan would be ridiculous, the midfield and defense lost us the match. But Bojan is showing a remarkable lack of composure, and it is worrying. He hasn't done a thing right since given #9.
He only has played 45min since he was given #9? Or are you talking about his performance for Spain-21?

Trillske

Ibra fans generally hate Bojan, they can't stand the fact that a 19 year old was the one that benched their deity.
I might come of as one of those, but I´ve never believed in Bojan as a star (and kind of dissagree about the benching, but thats another story). The fact that I dont believe in him has got me to really not like seeing him play.
Not because I dont like him, seems like a great kid and I´ve never heard a bad word, but because I can only see him fail.

He gets this huuuuge pressure from you and barcelona fans in general, and for what? Because he had 4-5 games last season where he was actually good rather than bad (and noted, any MOM-appearances is really stretching it)?
Seriously 9 times out of 10 when he plays a game its all 'ah, hes young, he will get it' and that tenth time when he happens to atleast "fit" the squad it somehow supports that view, and he is not really given credit for beeing 19 years old and decent in the squad of Barcelona - which is awesome - , its more along the lines of 'He´s getting closer'.

So with my view - that I dont see him becoming this huge star - its just heartbreaking. I just see him beeing built up and broken down.

I have a history in this thread of arguing that this would be the first mentaly tough season for him, and I think thats what we see. Last season, he pretty much had the least bit of pressure a striker can ever have. He was put in the role of savior when the options had broken down, and any applied pressure was positive. Any normal person could be that guy. Any normal person cant however deal with a strikers every day pressure, and this is the first season Bojan has to do just that. For the first time, to deliver is not a question but a demand.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I might come of as one of those, but I´ve never believed in Bojan as a star (and kind of dissagree about the benching, but thats another story). The fact that I dont believe in him has got me to really not like seeing him play.
Not because I dont like him, seems like a great kid and I´ve never heard a bad word, but because I can only see him fail.

He gets this huuuuge pressure from you and barcelona fans in general, and for what? Because he had 4-5 games last season where he was actually good rather than bad (and noted, any MOM-appearances is really stretching it)?
Seriously 9 times out of 10 when he plays a game its all 'ah, hes young, he will get it' and that tenth time when he happens to atleast "fit" the squad it somehow supports that view, and he is not really given credit for beeing 19 years old and decent in the squad of Barcelona - which is awesome - , its more along the lines of 'He´s getting closer'.

So with my view - that I dont see him becoming this huge star - its just heartbreaking. I just see him beeing built up and broken down.

I have a history in this thread of arguing that this would be the first mentaly tough season for him, and I think thats what we see. Last season, he pretty much had the least bit of pressure a striker can ever have. He was put in the role of savior when the options had broken down, and any applied pressure was positive. Any normal person could be that guy. Any normal person cant however deal with a strikers every day pressure, and this is the first season Bojan has to do just that. For the first time, to deliver is not a question but a demand.

+1

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
its interesting to draw parallels between bojan and other young players (like canales/pedro/busquets) but what i found rather interesting is that higuain and bojan both were introduced to first teams roughly at the same time (albeit higuain had half a season over bojan)... higuain progressed from a prospect to a star whilst bojan still remains what he started off with-- a bench warmer.

one could argue that bojan is approximately 2-3 years younger than higuain but bojan had significantly less pressure to perform than higuain each season due to real's obsession with strikers/raul/rvn being in his prime and barcelona having problems with their number 9's. a glaring fact remains that if you only consider the 2007/08 to now for both players... bojan has half the goals that higuain has in roughly the same amount of games and higuain is an undisputed striker for argentina benching the likes of milito/aguero

Barcafan 2304

Interesting parellel and makes you think. Bojan deserves a chance this season but this year is make or break. He needs to make that transition from a promising youngster to a regular and reliable forward now

Chainsaw

Killahead
Bojan is not reliable. I'm not saying this because of the Hercules match. And I won't say that he won't be reliable forever. But, so far from what I have seen he is not someone you expect to make a difference on big stages. His first year at the senior team I was just curious to know if he is that good or not. He was ok and I said ok he's too young now and we have to give him some years.

He was unexpectingly good at the end of last year. I dunno if it was that huge motivation in him to prove his worth that made him play good or whatever else, but his main problem is his inconsistency and in some other words his mentality. He looks down at many times and it seems he lacks confidence. Plus, his playstyle doesn't exactly help me know what are his strenghts as a striker too. Is it his dribble skills? he's a speedy? Is he a vital finisher? I can't really think what are the highlights of Bojan's abilities and all in all they make me not a big fan of him. I don't hate him or anything and I won't say sell him or stick him to the bench. I just don't expect anything special from him when he's on the pitch.

His 24/7 moaning face (like Deco) doesn't help it too.

Home of Barca Fans